( +3 hidden )
October 16, 2019 at 12:38 pm #1203139811
Continue the conversation from Part 5 here.October 16, 2019 at 12:42 pm #1203139816
Clang clang clang went the trolley is still the front runner.
Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)October 16, 2019 at 12:53 pm #1203139831
Charlize Theron or Alfre Woodard for the Oscar
Joker Deserves Everything.
Joaquin Phoenix is the Man
Cynthia Erivo should win best actressOctober 16, 2019 at 1:01 pm #1203139847This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.October 16, 2019 at 1:10 pm #1203139858
Best Actress in a Leading Role
1. Charlize Theron (Bombshell)- Charlize not only have the transformative showy performance, but also an across the board contender with a timely subject matter sure to score 5+ nominations.
2. Renee Zellweger (Judy)- Zellweger right now has the momentum for her Transformative performance in Judy but that is poised to change since Her movie will probably score 1-2 nominations. It’s hard to Maintain momentum if your film is not good. Only in weak years like 2014, 2011, 2003(Moore- Still Alice, Streep in the Iron Lady, Theron in Monster etc) a sole contender goes all the way).
3. Scarlett Johansson (Marriage Story)- Johansson has a disvantaged, she has a very subtle performance. She is upstaged by her Co Star Adam Driver who is likely to win in his category. Netflix has never won an acting award at the Oscars. But her movie is indeed an across the board contender and it’s still possible for her to prevail but it’ll be hard to contend against two transformative performance, especially one(Theron) in a film will be talked about from now to the Oscars.
4. Jodie Turner Smith(Queen and Slim)- According to screenings reactions she’s great in it and AMPAS probably will be looking for some diversity in this category.
5. Saoirse Ronan (Little Women) According to screenings, she’s good but not anything out of her comfort zone and anything we’ve seen before. Could be a player but not more than a filler nomination.October 16, 2019 at 1:12 pm #1203139861
Saoirse Ronan really needs to stop working with Overrated Gerwig.October 16, 2019 at 1:17 pm #1203139873
Probably, yeah. I mean, Renée’s only real competition might not even be in the same category (still not convinced Netflix isn’t going to push Marriage Story as a comedy).
How are we sure Judy isn’t going to get frauded into Comedy/Musical at the Globes?October 16, 2019 at 1:19 pm #1203139879
Ty, Paul and Charlize, for part 6!October 16, 2019 at 1:21 pm #1203139887
Also, yes, Scarjo won an Oscar for that performance but basically everyone agreed she only won because of her celebrityOctober 16, 2019 at 1:28 pm #1203139899
How are we sure Judy isn’t going to get frauded into Comedy/Musical at the Globes?
You have a point, though then the category would be pretty barren. I guess we could look forward to Saoirse or Lupita winning in that case. Unless they decide Little Women and Us are comedies too, in which case maybe Cynthia Erivo will actually win something this season.October 16, 2019 at 1:31 pm #1203139901
You have a point, though then the category would be pretty barren. I guess we could look forward to Saoirse or Lupita winning in that case. Unless they decide Little Women and Us are comedies too, in which case maybe Cynthia Erivo will actually win something this season.
Scarlett Johansson and Renee Zellweger are both Drama
Theron is Comedy/Musical
If Zellweger goes Comedy/Musical which I doubt that will give Johansson a clear path.October 16, 2019 at 1:38 pm #1203139913
Scarlett Johansson and Renee Zellweger are both Drama Theron is Comedy/Musical If Zellweger goes Comedy/Musical which I doubt that will give Johansson a clear path.
That was assuming both Renée and Scarlett are in Comedy/Musical. If Renée’s in Comedy/Musical but Scarlett’s in Drama, then obviously Scarlett will win.
The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.