Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 450 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

This race is absolutely Scarlett vs Renee Charlize has not become a frontrunner because of 10 twitter reactions. Your opinion or your aunt’s opinion absolutely doesn’t matter.

Nice!

This is what I’m talking about. Actress was dormant for too long.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Piper Halliwell
    Participant
    Topics:

Q: Those who predict Lupita Nyong’o think the movie has a chance in other categories as well? Because it is very rare for someone to be nominated for such genre performance as a sole nominee. Even if she is a popular Oscar-winner and she otherwise deserves to be nominated. I mean, are there precedents from recent history?

The other question (it’s more Supporting Actress related), if Lupita could indeed be a big contender, is there a chance she might take Elisabeth Moss with her? Moss would absolutely fit into the lineup of well-liked and well-respected actresses the industry loves, and the Her Smell film could help her chances if Us becomes a bigger Oscar contender.

What do you think?

JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

Q: Those who predict Lupita Nyong’o think the movie has a chance in other categories as well? Because it is very rare for someone to be nominated for such genre performance as a sole nominee. Even if she is a popular Oscar-winner and she otherwise deserves to be nominated. I mean, are there precedents from recent history? The other question (it’s more Supporting Actress related), if Lupita could indeed be a big contender, is there a chance she might take Elisabeth Moss with her? Moss would absolutely fit into the lineup of well-liked and well-respected actresses the industry loves, and the Her Smell film could help her chances if Us becomes a bigger Oscar contender. What do you think?

I’m actually not predicting Lupita, I think she’ll ultimately end up 6/7- close but not enough. If I’m wrong (which is possible, because she seems to remain popular), I can’t fathom Moss joins her. There are just so many others ahead of her.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Q: Those who predict Lupita Nyong’o think the movie has a chance in other categories as well? Because it is very rare for someone to be nominated for such genre performance as a sole nominee. Even if she is a popular Oscar-winner and she otherwise deserves to be nominated. I mean, are there precedents from recent history?

I have Us getting in Best Picture, Director, Original Screenplay, Cinematography and Editing along with Lupita Nyong’o. If it makes the shortlist for Original Score I’ll predict it for that one too.

Despite being this generous with the movie (I doubt in reality it gets more than 3 nominations) I wouldn’t predict Moss unless she gets in at all precursors & the movie actually wins some precursors.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Q: Those who predict Lupita Nyong’o think the movie has a chance in other categories as well? Because it is very rare for someone to be nominated for such genre performance as a sole nominee. Even if she is a popular Oscar-winner and she otherwise deserves to be nominated. I mean, are there precedents from recent history? The other question (it’s more Supporting Actress related), if Lupita could indeed be a big contender, is there a chance she might take Elisabeth Moss with her? Moss would absolutely fit into the lineup of well-liked and well-respected actresses the industry loves, and the Her Smell film could help her chances if Us becomes a bigger Oscar contender. What do you think?

I think screenplay is the likeliest spot for another Us nomination, given that was where Get Out won. That may or may not happen.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Parasite

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Well that would be nice. It’s a great screenplay. He may not win back to back but there’s room for Peele.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Duplicity is getting in. Mark my holy words.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

Duplicity’s performance was a masterclass in acting and she would be one of the best nominees this decade tbh

Banned for making a fake movie poster

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

^Get Out didn’t even get all of these. I personally think if the movie has a showing at Oscars it’s going to be Best Actress and Original Screenplay since I can’t see a solidified line-up in the latter’s category this year. It could be a nod like Coens last year with Ballad. Not claiming Peele and Cohens are the same level of respect. It just could be a similar situation where a familiar writer gets a spot in an unstable lineup.

It is why I said “I doubt it gets more than three nominations in reality”, as of now I’m being optimistic about its chances because a) Peele is an Oscar winner and b) Us made basically the same amount of money Get Out did.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Us’ strongest chances besides Lupita are Screenplay and Score, so she wouldn’t be a lone presence in the awards run for it.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

There were several people here who didn’t think she would, until she did. Everything is easier said in hindsight.

Everyone should’ve known she was sweeping in foresight. That was my point.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Us’ strongest chances besides Lupita are Screenplay and Score, so she wouldn’t be a lone presence in the awards run for it.

I don’t think the score is eligible.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 450 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.