Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 456 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +17 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Daily reminder that whoever wins, I want Johansson to get some precursors so most of you stay really haunted and nervous. 🎃

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, I may sound naive but I still believe Renee can win. Many have won w/o their films being in the BP mix. Her character is sympathetic. Her sudden reemergence is surprising. I realize there are negatives also But, Once her name is on the ballot she has a chance to win. jmho

she can possibly win.

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

ronan’s only losing hype because her film hasn’t been properly screened, apparently reactions will be out tomorrow night

While I don’t expect it to be received as well as The Irishman, I’m guessing were gonna see a similar situation where it’ll get great notices and suddenly all these people doubting the film will suddenly claim that they knew it was gonna be a contender all along.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all act like it’s a law lmao. I don’t see HFPA denying Renée.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

This race is absolutely Scarlett vs Renee

Charlize has not become a frontrunner because of 10 twitter reactions.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

This race is absolutely Scarlett vs Renee Charlize has not become a frontrunner because of 10 twitter reactions. Your opinion or your aunt’s opinion absolutely doesn’t matter.

Nice!

This is what I’m talking about. Actress was dormant for too long.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

If Renée doesn’t win after all, it’s gonna be Moner for Dora the Explorer movie. Y’all what r u drinking? She was the frontrunner until Renee came in. ScarJo and Charli don’t stand a chance.

Piper Halliwell
    Participant
    Topics:

Q: Those who predict Lupita Nyong’o think the movie has a chance in other categories as well? Because it is very rare for someone to be nominated for such genre performance as a sole nominee. Even if she is a popular Oscar-winner and she otherwise deserves to be nominated. I mean, are there precedents from recent history?

The other question (it’s more Supporting Actress related), if Lupita could indeed be a big contender, is there a chance she might take Elisabeth Moss with her? Moss would absolutely fit into the lineup of well-liked and well-respected actresses the industry loves, and the Her Smell film could help her chances if Us becomes a bigger Oscar contender.

What do you think?

JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

Q: Those who predict Lupita Nyong’o think the movie has a chance in other categories as well? Because it is very rare for someone to be nominated for such genre performance as a sole nominee. Even if she is a popular Oscar-winner and she otherwise deserves to be nominated. I mean, are there precedents from recent history? The other question (it’s more Supporting Actress related), if Lupita could indeed be a big contender, is there a chance she might take Elisabeth Moss with her? Moss would absolutely fit into the lineup of well-liked and well-respected actresses the industry loves, and the Her Smell film could help her chances if Us becomes a bigger Oscar contender. What do you think?

I’m actually not predicting Lupita, I think she’ll ultimately end up 6/7- close but not enough. If I’m wrong (which is possible, because she seems to remain popular), I can’t fathom Moss joins her. There are just so many others ahead of her.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Q: Those who predict Lupita Nyong’o think the movie has a chance in other categories as well? Because it is very rare for someone to be nominated for such genre performance as a sole nominee. Even if she is a popular Oscar-winner and she otherwise deserves to be nominated. I mean, are there precedents from recent history?

I have Us getting in Best Picture, Director, Original Screenplay, Cinematography and Editing along with Lupita Nyong’o. If it makes the shortlist for Original Score I’ll predict it for that one too.

Despite being this generous with the movie (I doubt in reality it gets more than 3 nominations) I wouldn’t predict Moss unless she gets in at all precursors & the movie actually wins some precursors.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

^Get Out didn’t even get all of these. I personally think if the movie has a showing at Oscars it’s going to be Best Actress and Original Screenplay since I can’t see a solidified line-up in the latter’s category this year. It could be a nod like Coens last year with Ballad. Not claiming Peele and Cohens are the same level of respect. It just could be a similar situation where a familiar writer gets a spot in an unstable lineup.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Q: Those who predict Lupita Nyong’o think the movie has a chance in other categories as well? Because it is very rare for someone to be nominated for such genre performance as a sole nominee. Even if she is a popular Oscar-winner and she otherwise deserves to be nominated. I mean, are there precedents from recent history? The other question (it’s more Supporting Actress related), if Lupita could indeed be a big contender, is there a chance she might take Elisabeth Moss with her? Moss would absolutely fit into the lineup of well-liked and well-respected actresses the industry loves, and the Her Smell film could help her chances if Us becomes a bigger Oscar contender. What do you think?

I think screenplay is the likeliest spot for another Us nomination, given that was where Get Out won. That may or may not happen.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Well that would be nice. It’s a great screenplay. He may not win back to back but there’s room for Peele.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Duplicity is getting in. Mark my holy words.

I was your Prime Minister once.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Duplicity’s performance was a masterclass in acting and she would be one of the best nominees this decade tbh

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 456 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.