Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 456 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +17 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll admit, I haven’t seen a huge number of Ronan movies, but explain to me how what she did in Brooklyn was the Sam thing as what she did in Lady Bird.

Brooklyn, Little Women, Atonement, on Chesil Beach.

All the same thing.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

All the same thing.

Please tell me you’ve seen LW? Means more to me than Twitter reactions.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Please tell me you’ve seen LW? Means more to me than Twitter reactions.

I’ve been saying for a long time that she’s not that impressive in it. It’s a typical Saoirse Ronan performance. She’s lucky there’s two empty spots.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been saying for a long time that she’s not that impressive in it. It’s a typical Saoirse Ronan performance. She’s lucky there’s two empty spots.

She was a child in Atonement, and yet she managed to out perform everyone else save Vanessa Redgrave.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

All the same thing.

This is the kind of argument that’s been made against numerous Golden Age movie stars – Bogart, K. Hepburn, Grant, Stewart, Davis – or indeed anyone that isn’t a human chameleon from film to film. It’s getting old.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol but you’re only saying thay because you have the benefit of hindsight. Margot Robbie and Saoirse Ronan had everything on paper to be Oscar winners then, so predicting them before the Globes was not farfetched, and in fact several people did. I was here on Goldderby during that season, and I clearly remember many people predicting a competitive race with precursors splitting between at least two actresses (namely Saoirse, Frances). Of course Frances ended up sweeing and now everyone is saying it was obvious (yea, right).

You keep missing my point. I was saying it was obvious then, I just wasn’t on this forum. This is getting annoying so let’s agree to stop lol

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Where did I call her a lock? Where the fuck did I use term lock? I’m predicting her to get in as passion pick. Passion picks are never locks. They’re passion picks. Locks are Zellweger and to some extent Johansson. I was warming up to you, don’t ruin it for me. There are enough pompous dickheads here, do not behave like one. God bless you.

Whew. This version of Sasha did not come to play.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Where did I call her a lock? Where the fuck did I use term lock? I’m predicting her to get in as passion pick. Passion picks are never locks. They’re passion picks. Locks are Zellweger and to some extent Johansson. I was warming up to you, don’t ruin it for me. There are enough pompous dickheads here, do not behave like one. God bless you.

I’m sorry, but you said very confidently “She won’t be denied”. I’ll admit, you didn’t use the term lock, but your post made it seem like that’s what you were going for. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

How many usernames Thatcher and Sasha have? 😂😂

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

If she comes near me again she’s got an equal opponent.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

You keep missing my point. I was saying it was obvious then, I just wasn’t on this forum. This is getting annoying so let’s agree to stop lol

And you’re not getting mine. Anyone can say everything in the past was obviously gonna happen. Which is what you’re doing. You don’t even have any explanation as to why you think Frances sweeping was obvious. Three of the other nominated actresses were in films in contention for BP, and two are ingenues. One was an ingenue on her third nomination, the other could’ve won Theron-style for transformative portrayal of a real life person and de-glamming for that role. They had everything on paper to pick up their first Oscar win, so prior to the Globes people did not predict what ended up to be a complete sweep by Frances. But sure, it was obvious. I’m sure everything is obvious to you. And yes you are annoying.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

And you’re not getting mine. Anyone can say everything in the past was obviously gonna happen. Which is what you’re doing. You don’t even have any explanation as to why you think Frances sweeping was obvious. Three of the other nominated actresses were in films in contention for BP, and two are ingenues. One was an ingenue on her third nomination, the other could’ve won Theron-style for transformative portrayal of a real life person and de-glamming for that role. They had everything on paper to pick up their first Oscar win, so prior to the Globes people did not predict what ended up to be a complete sweep by Frances. But sure, it was obvious. I’m sure everything is obvious to you. And yes you are annoying.

My explanation for why I think Frances sweeping was obvious is Frances’ performance. Are you upset that I knew she would sweep but you didn’t? That would be silly.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

The Best Actress thread strikes again!

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

This is the kind of argument that’s been made against numerous Golden Age movie stars – Bogart, K. Hepburn, Grant, Stewart, Davis – or indeed anyone that isn’t a human chameleon from film to film. It’s getting old.

I think Bette Davis told John Wayne he was crazy for trying to be someone other than himself.
    Great advice Ms Davis.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

My explanation for why I think Frances sweeping was obvious is Frances’ performance. Are you upset that I knew she would sweep but you didn’t? That would be silly.

Lol. I am actually. Discussing with you is like talking to a brick wall. Anyone can make bold claims without explanation. And when asked, you barely give one. It’s all good. At least I know which clowns to NOT take seriously on these threads.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 456 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.