Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 450 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Honestly, an unpopular opinion I guess, but I felt Bradley Cooper acted circles around Jennifer Lawrence in SLP. I felt like he was the true MVP of the movie. Everyone was just jumping on the IT girl bandwagon that was JLaw at the time. But I agree that Johansson won’t win and maybe not even be nominated.

I agree, but The pundits and critics went nuts for her performance. and She had all the momentum for that film. With Marriage Story its the opposite, Driver is the one with the momentum not Johansson.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Lol!!! I was referring to Woody Allen and his now wife.

Oh lol. The one that accused him of molesting her was his biological daughter, Dylan. She claimed it happened when she was a child. The one that he ran off and married was his live-in partner Mia Farrow’s adopted daughter, Soon-Yi. The guy is clearly a sicko and should be banned from Hollywood so for Scarlett to openly defend him is really damaging to her career.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Anyways Scarlett Johansson is a known racist, I doubt the Academy forgets that.

The most awarded film of the 91st ceremony was directed by a child rapist and Best Picture went to a dick flasher and Islamophobe.

ScarJo is a hardly an issue here.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Oh lol. The one that accused him of molesting her was his biological daughter, Dylan. She claimed it happened when she was a child. The one that he ran off and married was his live-in partner Mia Farrow’s adopted daughter, Soon-Yi. The guy is clearly a sicko and should be banned from Hollywood so for Scarlett to openly defend him is really damaging to her career.

I know. Thank you.

As for Scarlett, we’ll see.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

The most awarded film of the 91st ceremony was directed by a child rapist and Best Picture went to a dick flasher and Islamophobe. ScarJo is a hardly an issue here.

At first I thought you were talking about Alfonso Cuaron and I was like, he could flash his dick at me any day 😉

But I’m thinking you’re talking about Bryan Singer? After the #MeToo movement his name was completely removed from Bohemian Rhapsody. But I get what you’re saying.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

gotham awards are trash!their nominations are joke!

Take heart. Collette won last year for Heredity but this is not something they’re prone to doing for Best Actress.

The Spirits are becoming more and more mainstream, so Lupita could show up there.
    But I hope you realize she’s not winning.
    They like Adam and gave him a nod last year, so it’s not too surprising he received another.

It’s a long chaotic season and I suspect Lupita shows up here and there.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

It’s apparently decided that Scarlett is a “racist” and a horrible person who dared to say she’d work with Woody again, who has been branded a child molester and a horrible person who should be drummed out of the business.

So apparently the terrific reviews She’s been receiving are coming from people who hate her.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

If they didn’t go for Bale as Cheney, they won’t go for Charlize Theron as Megyn Kelly. She’ll get nominated though.

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

Where is one review or reaction that indicates that Driver “walks away with the movie?” Do you have any quotes from reactions to indicate this? And how would Megan Kelly be a role that “the Academy goes for” either? A darkly comedic portrayal of a Fox News commentator played up to be racist by the mainstream media is about the last thing that I would think of as a performance that has precedence in the Academy’s past choices.

Ur trying to reason with this Charlize stan who attacked every actress movie for simply existing and having a lead actress contender and has been called out multiple times with conflicting points from others. Trust that if FSL changes mckenzie to lead actress for Jojo Rabbit, he will attack that movie.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

i don’t predict Lupita for win,just nomination,i predict Theron for win

You missed my point.

No worries.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Ur trying to reason with this Charlize stan who attacked every actress movie for simply existing and having a lead actress contender and has been called out multiple times with conflicting points from others. Trust that if FSL changes mckenzie to lead actress for Jojo Rabbit, he will attack that movie.

By the way McKenzie is excellent in Jojo Rabbit.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

why?she is embodied Kelly to the core,Bale has competition from Malek ,Theron doesn’t

Theron has competition from Renee Zellweger love.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

So there we have it, folks. One reviewer that says that the movie belongs to both but they prefer Driver slightly, one says that the movie belongs to Driver and one says that it belongs to Johansson, the rest say that both give amazing and equal performances. Enough with these baseless claims that Driver outperforms her, it’s stan behavior and you know it.

People think that because of the festival reactions on twitter tbh.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 450 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.