Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 450 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

not really,there is no chance she will beat Theron

Zellweger is the frontrunner. She will definitely win over Charlize Theron.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

Y’all realize Us was eligible at the Gothams, right? I know they aren’t a top tier precursor, but I don’t understand the frequency of Lupita GIFs on this thread. She isn’t happening. No hate against her, but her vehicle was a mess and it’s 60% RT audience rating/B Cinemascore is telling. Critics have moved on and audiences aren’t fussing about it either

Because US feels off to be called “indie” with such box office and overhyped popularity with audiences. And for the millionth time, although I agree US is definitely polarizing, Lupita still gave a masterful performance better than some of the nomination-locked performances and totally deserving of a nom! Noone forbids ‘wishful’ (in your opinion) thinking in this thread, especially when this race just starts to heat up. Also why don’t you think Renee, who is called a lock to win by many people, not appearing in the list is odd? I doubt Judy’s budget even crossed $10 million and it is rightfully an indie movie!

Anyway, the one who is the most vulnerable regarding being snubbed by Gotham is definitely still Johansson, whose movie is nominated across various boards.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Was that because of the thing at TIFF where Driver made it on the scorecard and Johansson didn’t? Otherwise, I really followed a lot of the big festival reactions and there were a few who said Driver was MVP but it wasn’t overwhelming or anything, I’m just wondering where people mainly got it from.

That and some tweets raved him solely so people are taking that and running with it cause they hate ScarJo nn

Also that poll was voted by 300+ critics, so yeah.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Last post for tonight on this thread, and I know I’m being incredibly annoying with all this Johansson-Theron posting (I’m manic right now, forgive me) but Marriage Story is not comparable to SLP or La La Land at all. Even using the MC sampling, there were more reviewers specifically singling out Stone and Lawrence as MVPs/standouts and criticizing their male counterparts in comparison, while by the same metric only one critic so far has criticized Johansson and another prefers Driver slightly while praising Johansson. I’m just not seeing the evidence that Driver has more momentum besides a few very slight comments, not at all the same language used for Stone and Lawrence.

Stone and Lawrence had popularity going for them at the time. And right now, because of her recent behavior, I’m not sure how popular Johansson is.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Rolling my eyes so hard at that stupid “Renee will inevitably sweep 1!1” narrative

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

Frontrunners

Renee Zellweger, Judy
    Charlize Theron, Bombshell

On the brink

Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story
    Saoirse Ronan, Little Women

Next in line

Lupita Nyong’o, Us
    Awkwafina, The Farewell
    Alfre Woodard, Clemency

Possibilities

Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
    Jodie Turner-Smith, Queen & Slim

Shouldn’t be written off

Felicity Jones, The Aeronauts
    Beanie Feldstein, Booksmart
    Helen Mirren, The Good Liar

Theoretical possibilities

Emma Thompson, Late Night
    Julianne Moore, Gloria Bell
    Kaitlyn Dever, Booksmart
    Jessie Buckley, Wild Rose
    Elisabeth Moss, Her Smell
    Tessa Thompson, Little Woods

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

The Awkwafina underestimation (for a nomination)

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

The Awkwafina underestimation (for a nomination)

I know this is unpopular but I still would pick Lupita over Awkwafina if they are fighting for the last spot. Of course I hope they both will be nominated, especially if Ronan flops.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

The way people shit on subtle performances sucks tbh

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Slikovni rezultat za charlize theron gif"

Yeah, they’re not the problem. The problem is viewers who think an actor has to scream their head off or make a some kind of physical transformation once order to be great.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

awkwafina performance is so overrated,yes is serious role but a little bit crying that’s it not extraordinary,if she get nomination over duple amazing performance from lupita it will be disgrace!

I could tell her two selves apart. Especially when the whites of her eyes bulges.
    And no, Awkwafina’s performance is not over rated. It’s the other way around for me.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Zellweger, Johannson, Ronan, Theron, Awkwafina.

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

We all know both Awkwafina and Lupita should get in. Some snubs for the leading quartet are in order.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 450 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.