Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 526 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
ayanami
  • Bradley Jackson
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve got fresh scoop y’all! It was irresponsible of me before to say something inaccurate on Theron’s work in Bombshell, but it turns out she actually delivers an undeniable performance that will win her her 2nd Best Actress statuette. According to my sources within the HFPA, she is winning the Drama Globe. But you know what’s the shocking part here? HFPA is DENYING Dern the Supporting Actress Globe. HFPA is gonna split it! They’ll give the rightful winner the Best Actress Globe but they’re giving Supporting to Johansson for Jojo Rabbit. She’s receiving two nominations, with a total of 6 Golden Globe nominations for film, establishing overdue status for a Golden Globe award win. And then, y’all know how it goes. Johansson is winning Best Supporting Actress at the Oscars for having 2 equally acclaimed roles in 2 Best Picture contenders.

You heard it here first!

– Bradley Jackson

IsabelaRooney
    Participant
    Topics:

Because there were very few female contenders who were in biopics this decade. When it comes to male contenders it is the opposite, that’s why I mentioned male performances instead.

Now we finally have a woman’s biopic after so many time.

LMAO, are you kidding?

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

But you know what’s the shocking part here? HFPA is DENYING Dern the Supporting Actress Globe. HFPA is gonna split it! They’ll give the rightful winner the Best Actress Globe but they’re giving Supporting to Johansson for Jojo Rabbit. She’s receiving two nominations, with a total of 6 Golden Globe nominations for film, establishing overdue status for a Golden Globe award win. And then, y’all know how it goes. Johansson is winning Best Supporting Actress at the Oscars for having 2 equally acclaimed roles in 2 Best Picture contenders.

Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

scarjo in jojo rabbit winning an oscar over ms dern yeah im not buying that

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve got fresh scoop y’all! It was irresponsible of me before to say something inaccurate on Theron’s work in Bombshell, but it turns out she actually delivers an undeniable performance that will win her her 2nd Best Actress statuette. According to my sources within the HFPA, she is winning the Drama Globe. But you know what’s the shocking part here? HFPA is DENYING Dern the Supporting Actress Globe. HFPA is gonna split it! They’ll give the rightful winner the Best Actress Globe but they’re giving Supporting to Johansson for Jojo Rabbit. She’s receiving two nominations, with a total of 6 Golden Globe nominations for film, establishing overdue status for a Golden Globe award win. And then, y’all know how it goes. Johansson is winning Best Supporting Actress at the Oscars for having 2 equally acclaimed roles in 2 Best Picture contenders. You heard it here first! – Bradley Jackson

Good fan fiction.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

scarjo in jojo rabbit winning an oscar over ms dern yeah im not buying that

I’d love to see it tbh. Scarlett in Jojo snapped harder than Laura but the girls are not ready to discuss that.

Marcel
    Participant
    Topics:

LMAO, are you kidding?

No, I am not.
    Take a look at best actress contenders. How many of them were biopics this decade?

Only Tonya Harding (Margot Robbie) managed to lose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Actress

Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d love to see it tbh. Scarlett in Jojo snapped harder than Laura but the girls are not ready to discuss that.

We’ll see…. for now im sticking with Laura because she’s overdue and MS is a stronger contender than jojo atm

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that Charlize Theron is 4th in the predictions center. I thought it was obvious that she’s undeniable.

thats because the reviews aren’t out yet and we’re basing our predictions on 12 twitter reactions

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Bradley Jackson
    Participant
    Topics:

thats because the reviews aren’t out yet and we’re basing our predictions on 12 twitter reactions

Be patient. It’s out in one month. You’ll be blown away. She’s undeniable, and the subject matter helps her A LOT narrative-wise.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Be patient. It’s out in one month. You’ll be blown away. She’s undeniable, and the subject matter helps her A LOT narrative-wise.

Love this user already. You should update your predictions btw.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

And here I thought y’all figured nobody likes MK so Theron might not even be nominated…….

I appreciate the ‘scoops’ but I’m not sure who you are or if you’re a multi identity trollish poster.
    And as much as I respect the front page editors overall, I need more than that to shore up my predictions.

Just sayin’…..

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, with the experts (the ones that matter) Theron is basically tied with Johansson.

Combined she’s almost tied with Saoirse.

Also, look at her trajectory. The only one with a big spike. By the time her movie comes out, she’ll be in second place. by the time the golden globes happen. she’ll be in first. Patience is the key.

Marcel
    Participant
    Topics:

And here I thought y’all figured nobody likes MK so Theron might not even be nominated……. I appreciate the ‘scoops’ but I’m not sure who you are or if you’re a multi identity trollish poster. And as much as I respect the front page editors overall, I need more than that to shore up my predictions. Just sayin’…..

And I guess the murderer she played in 2004 for whom she won the Oscar was a well liked person?

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, with the experts (the ones that matter) Theron is basically tied with Johansson.

Combined she’s almost tied with Saoirse.

Also, look at her trajectory. The only one with a big spike. By the time her movie comes out, she’ll be in second place. by the time the golden globes happen. she’ll be in first. Patience is the key.

Which is why I’m keeping an eye on her narrative. Things usually change by crunch time.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.