Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 526 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
ayanami
  • babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

And I guess the murderer she played in 2004 for whom she won the Oscar was a well liked person?

It was sarcasm, and points made by other posters who jumped to that conclusion. Please try to refrain from supposing that I’m that naïve.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

You know, this thread is once again making me roll my eyeballs. Y’all will be relieved when I say I’m leaving the thread for a day or so.

Just for you guys…

Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Of course, there are pros and cons for each one.
    Both Theron and Zellweger have won before. Zellweger’s win has not aged well. Ronan is probably the twentieth person to portray that character, which does not bode well.
    But Johansson has an even bigger hurdle: herself. I’m certain has has burned a lot of bridges, and Hollywood is known to be unforgiving to jerks. Her insensitive side (that comes across in interviews as well) will do her no favors. I believe that this category will be an uphill battle for her.

What about Woodard? She’s a SAG favorite and I can see her nabbing a SAG nomination (although the Globes will be a harder sell for her).

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Scarlett Johansson has NO buzz. Only Actresses with buzz are Theron and Zellweger. Saoirse is NEVER winning for a fourth adaptation of a film. The Scarlett and Saoirse predictions are the online bubble.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Scarlett Johansson has NO buzz. Only Actresses with buzz are Theron and Zellweger. Saoirse is NEVER winning for a fourth adaptation of a film. The Scarlett and Saoirse predictions are the online bubble.

I cant be certain but I suspect your love for Theron may be skewing your opinion in her favor.

Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

I really can’t comprehend the narrative of awarding Theron/Zellweger second Oscars so soon. Then again, I still can’t comprehend the narrative of giving McDormand a second Oscar, so what do I know?

That is why I think Johansson will win. However, even if she doesn’t, the nomination will be a win after all the years she’s been snubbed.

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

But Johansson has an even bigger hurdle: herself. I’m certain has has burned a lot of bridges, and Hollywood is known to be unforgiving to jerks. Her insensitive side (that comes across in interviews as well)

Green Book’s win last year proved they can separate art from the artist, unfortunately.

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

I really can’t comprehend the narrative of awarding Theron/Zellweger second Oscars so soon. Then again, I still can’t comprehend the narrative of giving McDormand a second Oscar, so what do I know?

That is why I think Johansson will win. However, even if she doesn’t, the nomination will be a win after all the years she’s been snubbed.

Winning a 2nd Oscar isn’t married to narrative. Sometimes they just prefer your performance over the slate.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Winning a 2nd Oscar isn’t married to narrative. Sometimes they just prefer your performance over the slate.

There you are. Can’t remember when you said you’re seeing it but let (us) know if you think Kathy is Lead or Supporting. Remember that discussion?

Joe Burns
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s been sixteen years since both Theron and Zellweger’s wins? That is quite a period.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s been sixteen years since both Theron and Zellweger’s wins? That is quite a period.

It’s funny how both won their first Oscars the same year. Now, 16 years later, they are head to head vying for their second win.

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s funny how both won their first Oscars the same year. Now, 16 years later, they are head to head vying for their second win.

Darling, yes but only one of them was deserving.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, yes but only one of them was deserving.

Charlize in Monster? If so, I agree. Renee deserved to win the most for Chicago out of her existing nominations.

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Renee was most deserving of the win for her nom for Bridget Jones.

oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

Renee was most deserving of the win for her nom for Bridget Jones.

Nah, she should have won for Chicago!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.