Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Original Song

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Original Song

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 499 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
teri
Brayden Fitzs..
  • Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

Spirit is bad and Beautiful Ghosts is just decent. Into The Unknown is winning

Into The Unknown is good but it’s lyrically meh. Whereas Beautiful Ghosts is easily the best written film song in the past few years.

Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

I have no idea what you’re talking about. There was NO campaign for “Spirit” whatsoever.

Beauti

Ok, I cant believe I’m saying it but I think Taylor Swift is gonna be an Oscar nominee for sure. I’m not really a fan of hers and I have to say “Beautiful Ghosts” is really good. It also fits the narrative of the film and that character (Francesca Hayward’s character) very well…. Now, I dont know if she can win. I still say Elton will probably deservedly win… Thsese three are in: “Beautiful Ghosts” (Cats) ~ Taylor Swift “I’m Gonna Love Me Again” (Rocketman)~ Elton John (winner) “Into the Unknown” (Frozen 2) The last two spots will be very interesting. I’m not sold on Beyonce getting in, but I wouldnt bet against it. I think there will also be some documentary nominee possibilities. We’ll have to see who makes the final cut of potential contenders.

Elton John’s original is good but I doubt it’ll win.

Hinrich689
    Participant
    Topics:

Whereas Beautiful Ghosts is easily the best written film song in the past few years.

Why is this thread becoming infiltrated by Swifties? Beautiful Boredom isn’t on the same level as Shallow, This Is Me, Skyfall and Let It Go, both musically and commercially.

The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

Next Right Thing > Show Yourself > Into The Unknown.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Just listened to Beautiful Ghosts. I found it to be very meh. For the most part it’s not bad, but there’s nothing special about it. Also, that high note at the end was terrible and extremely forced. I wasn’t expecting this to win before I heard it, and listening to it didn’t change my mind. It’ll probably go to a Frozen 2 song.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Just listened to Beautiful Ghosts. I found it to be very meh. For the most part it’s not bad, but there’s nothing special about it. Also, that high note at the end was terrible and extremely forced. I wasn’t expecting this to win before I heard it, and listening to it didn’t change my mind. It’ll probably go to a Frozen 2 song.

into the unknown is lyrically empty and it isn’t catchy or memorable like Let it Go. Beautiful Ghosts is good. It’s a very weak year for this category though

Imagine A World Without Movies

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I still maintain that “SPIRIT”>>>>>>  all of these contenders!

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

funny how on paper this was gonna be one of the strongest years ever based on disney properties alone

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

“SPIRIT” not only got a Grammy nomination for “Best Song Written For Visual Media” but also for “Pop Solo Performance”… unexpectedly. It’s fucking coming!

Not to mention “The Lion King: The Gift” got Pop Vocal Album. I don’t think anyone predicted that to happen.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

“SPIRIT” not only got a Grammy nomination for “Best Song Written For Visual Media” but also for “Pop Solo Performance”… unexpectedly. It’s fucking coming!

Not to mention “The Lion King: The Gift” got Pop Vocal Album. I don’t think anyone predicted that to happen.

WTF! Sheesh! People really love the lion king.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

WTF! Sheesh! People really love the lion king.

Not to mention the original Lion King soundtrack (with the original songs like “Can You Feel The Love Tonight”) got a nomination for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media”. Hans Zimmer’s  score also got a nominated for “Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media”.

All of this support for The Lion King and Beyoncé’s The Gift puts Beyoncé in the top 3 Original Song contenders for me.

upitt
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to mention the original Lion King soundtrack (with the original songs like “Can You Feel The Love Tonight”) got a nomination for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media”. Hans Zimmer’s score also got a nominated for “Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media”.

All of this support for The Lion King and Beyoncé’s The Gift puts Beyoncé in the top 3 Original Song contenders for me.

Yes!!!!! Come on, Beyonce!

WallyRGR
    Participant
    Topics:

You people arguing about Beautiful Ghosts when the real award contender is Always Be My Maybe’s ‘I Punches Keanu Reeves’.

CuriousHedgehog
    Participant
    Topics:

I personally liked Beautiful Ghosts, I’m okay with Into the Unknown but I prefer Panic! at the Disco’s version personally. I have really no opinion on Spirit, but I’m not a massive fan of Beyonce. I’m solid on Into the Unknown and Beautiful Ghosts being nominated for sure so far, probably Spirit since Beyonce got some Grammy nominations.

Kevin Schwaller
    Participant
    Topics:

a lot of you are saying Spirit isn’t a frontrunner for a nom and Disney didn’t handle promoting it well, but it’s not like Rocketman, Toy Story 4 or Aladdin did any solid promo for their respected songs??? And Spirit just got two Grammy noms, and The Lion King (and Beyoncé’s The Gift Album) also got noms. and Bey performing at the Oscars would do well on social media lol

Into the Unknown is currently getting the most talk, and I think the only other one entering the conversation (in terms of promo) is Beautiful Ghosts from Cats.

my top predictions:

Into The Unknown (Frozen 2)
    Spirit (The Lion King)
    (I’m Gonna) Love Me Again (Rocketman)

in the running:
    Speechless (Aladdin)
    Stand Up (Harriet)
    Beautiful Ghosts (Cats)
    I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away (Toy Story 4)
    Never Too Late (The Lion King)

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Original Song’ is closed to new replies.