Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Original Song

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Original Song

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 499 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
teri
Brayden Fitzs..
  • Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Spirt is a lock for the Oscars

If she does something.

y'all ugly and smelly

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

“Beautiful Ghosts” is out of the Globes race. The HFPA LOVES musicals, yet Cats was shut out everywhere except Best Original Song.

The Globe will probably go to Elton or Bey. The fact that The Lion King got a shocking Animated Film nomination bodes well for “Spirit”.

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

If she does something.

It’s funny (and convenient) how the day of the Globes nominations she covers Elle Magazine. She could begin a campaign now and build momentum in this weak year.

upitt
    Participant
    Topics:

Right!! And she announced the official launch of her Ivy Park X Adidas Line this morning too. I feel like she’ll be on the promotion tour for the next few weeks for all of these items…and by default, she’ll ensure that she’s all over the media as voters are submitting their choices. I wouldn’t be surprised if she randomly dropped an album too haha!

Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

Its been reported that she has been shooting videos for The Lion King the gift album so I guess we will start seeing them soon. She knows what she’s doing.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé is in a very good place for that Oscar nomination. There still isn’t any frontrunner for the win. It’s still anyones game at this point.

Sebastian Daza Valenzuela
    Participant
    Topics:

You think the academy will lose the opportunity of having Beyoncé at their awards show? The ratings are getting lower every year, having world-known artist help a lot

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol is Beyonce gonna win this Globe? That Lion King nom was very unexpected and puts her in a better place. Either her or Elton John.

upitt
    Participant
    Topics:

Its been reported that she has been shooting videos for The Lion King the gift album so I guess we will start seeing them soon. She knows what she’s doing.

I forgot about this – I heard about it a few weeks ago, but it totally slipped my mind. Watch a re-mastered video of “Spirit” emerge within the few days, along with everything else. I can’t! Come through, Queen!!

Hinrich689
    Participant
    Topics:

The Globe is a fight between Frozen II, Harriet and Rocketman. The Lion King is under fire right now after getting in for animated feature. I don’t think Cats has enough support.

Oscars FYC:
    1917 - Best Picture, Director, Sound Editing, Visual Effects, Cinematography
    Ford v Ferrari - Best Editing, Sound Mixing
    The Irishman - Best Adapted Screenplay
    Klaus - Best Animated Feature

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure why people are surprise. Spirit was always the frontrunner

thierry manzi
    Participant
    Topics:

i stumbled upon a variety article last month, that explained the path to getting nominated for best original song. And they said that a large chunk of the voters in the music branch come from the Society of Composers & Lyricists (SCL). it also said that scl has introduced its own award show. Here are the nominees

https://thescl.com/news/scl-awards-nominations/

variety:

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/path-best-original-song-nomination-1203386769/

RBBrittain
    Participant
    Topics:

i stumbled upon a variety article last month, that explained the path to getting nominated for best original song. And they said that a large chunk of the voters in the music branch come from the Society of Composers & Lyricists (SCL). it also said that scl has introduced its own award show. Here are the nominees

https://thescl.com/news/scl-awards-nominations/

variety:

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/path-best-original-song-nomination-1203386769/

I wasn’t familiar with that org, but I know the Music Branch is packed with songwriters as those are the nominees for BOS. That’s why “Beautiful Ghosts” got its Globe nom despite Cats being otherwise snubbed, and why I still think it’ll get an Oscar nom. The Music Branch doesn’t care about Taylor Swift the singer, much less the Cats backlash; they care about Swift the songwriter collaborating with Andrew Lloyd Webber.

RBBrittain
    Participant
    Topics:

Golden Globes:
    Beautiful Ghosts – Cats
    I’m Gonna Love Me Again – Rocketman
    Into the Unknown – Frozen II
    Spirit – The Lion King
    Stand Up – Harriet

Not much of a surprise. The first four were my top four for the Oscar, and “Stand Up” was one of my three contenders for the fifth slot.

Though the Globes and Oscars have come more into alignment for BOS in recent years, they still don’t usually match up. The question now is, which of these five yields to “Glasgow” for sentiment and Mary Steenburgen? Or “Speechless” for its overt #MeToo message? Or “I’m Standing With You” cuz the Music Branch loves Diane Warren?

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the Globes sealed the Original Song lineup. Now if the Oscars can convince Beyonce and Taylor to show up in February 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Original Song’ is closed to new replies.