Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Original Song

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Original Song

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 499 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
teri
Brayden Fitzs..
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Being Elton a Globe winner already, do you think they’ll prefer to award Beyoncé this time? I think both of them have the star factor on their side and we could also say that about Taylor Swift.

Maybe if she campaigns…idk it can go either way. The way I see it is this; if they saw Cats and didn’t even give it a throwaway Picture nod, that tells you right there the disaster that’s waiting to come and I don’t think they’ll stoop THAT low.

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe if she campaigns…idk it can go either way. The way I see it is this; if they saw Cats and didn’t even give it a throwaway Picture nod, that tells you right there the disaster that’s waiting to come and I don’t think they’ll stoop THAT low.

I agree that support of the movie is important but they are supposed to be judging the song itself

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor has been nominated for BOS at the GG’s once already and Beyonce has been nominated twice (they kept her writing credit for Listen) and a movie that has 0 impact at all (Cadillac Records, great movie btw). So they’re both on an even playing field.

y'all ugly and smelly

Breathe
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor has been nominated 3 times for BOS at the GG’s. Safe and Sound, Sweeter Than Fiction and Beautiful Ghosts.

daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor has been nominated 3 times for BOS at the GG’s. Safe and Sound, Sweeter Than Fiction and Beautiful Ghosts.

Beyoncé has 3 nods as well.

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

The thing Swift has going for her, is her determination to win. She’s going to campaign her ass off. You can already tell from her congratulatory Instagram post right after the nomination.

I’m second guessing Cynthia at the Globes just because I can’t see the HFPA, who have hard ons for celebs, giving her a speech over two of the biggest names in music, and a music legend.

Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

By music legend you mean Beyoncé right?

Starboy
    Participant
    Topics:

Spirit got Golden Globes, Critic’s Choice, Satellite Awards and 2 Grammy nods, and some people still think that it can’t nab an Oscar nominee…

Yeah, film twitter didn’t like the movie, but it managed to get a GG nom for Animated Feature. Plus, it got noms from the Art Directors Guild and Cinema Audio Society.

RBBrittain
    Participant
    Topics:

Variety got a peek at the longlists for the music awards the Music Branch is voting from now. Though most of the article is devoted to Score, they disclosed that Regina Spektor’s “One Little Soldier” from Bombshell is NOT on the list of 75 BOS submissions. (They guessed it was a mixup.)

They also reminded us that the shortlist of 15 songs will be released Monday. Based on what happened last year, I expect that is when GoldDerby will add the music categories to the Prediction Center. I will probably post my expanded list (composers, performers, YouTube links) at that time as well.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

She already released her interview in Elle magazine today (her first 8 years) and announced a new collection of Ivy Park.

RBBrittain
    Participant
    Topics:

By music legend you mean Beyoncé right?

I think they meant Elton, including Bey with Taylor. Bey may be a bit of both now, but “music legend” fits Elton better.

upitt
    Participant
    Topics:

She already released her interview in Elle magazine today (her first 8 years) and announced a new collection of Ivy Park.

Yeah, she’s already got her campaign plan in motion!

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Yesss she’s campaigning!

tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyonce is getting no nominations at the Oscars

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think Into the Unknown is sweeping this one. It’s the only song this year with a film that has the right amount of critical acclaim and box-office success, two things that neither of Cats, Lion King, or Rocketman have together. Plus Rocketman’s song just hasn’t gotten any attention outside of the awards season (no one talked about it when it came out), Lion King’s song is very obviously shoehorned into the film, and Cats going to be a disaster on all fronts if the Globes are any indication. (Fun fact, they’re releasing early critic screenings the same day as Star Wars 9. Universal wants to bury this film.) Meanwhile Frozen 2 is about to make a billion dollars and is well liked. I see no reason it could lose.

Also, I don’t think the Globes nominating Lion King in animated is indicative of support: I think they mostly did it to troll Disney.

BP: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Uncut Gems, Joker, Ford v Ferrari, Marriage Story,
    BD: Bong-Joon Ho, Benny and Josh Safdie, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips, Noah Baumbach
    Actor: Phoenix, Sandler, Pattinson, Driver, Bale
    Actress: Nyong'o, Johansson
    S. Actor: Dafoe, Kang-Ho, Rockwell, Pacino, Hopkins
    S. Actress: Dern, McKensie, Yeo-Jeong, Julia Fox
    AS: Jojo Rabbit, Joker, The Irishman, Toy Story 4
    OS: Parasite, Marriage Story, Ford v Ferrari, Uncut Gems, Us

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Original Song’ is closed to new replies.