Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 383 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
replies
views
users
teri
thatnerdgreg
M: The Original
  • babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not ready to move him nor any other acting cast member top 5 until the precursors start.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  teri.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  teri.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

As someone who hasn’t seen Parasite yet, I believe we should really look out for Song Kang Ho now that we officially know he’s supporting. He seems to be the performance I hear most people talking about, so I can definitely see him making it in.

Song is also a MASSIVE actor in South Korea. American audiences and maybe the industry don’t know this, but I feel if Neon advertise that more heavily he’ll gain a stamp of approval from the industry knowing they are recognizing a cultural icon and acting vet.

My personal Top 5 of 2019 so far:
    1) Parasite 2) The Farewell 3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4) The Irishman 5) Knives Out

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

As someone who hasn’t seen Parasite yet, I believe we should really look out for Song Kang Ho now that we officially know he’s supporting. He seems to be the performance I hear most people talking about, so I can definitely see him making it in.

I think you’re gonna love it. Imo it’s the best film I’ve seen so far this year. It has everything. Excellence everywhere. Not meaning to raise your expectations as not everyone had the same reaction.
    Can’t wait for you to get back to us with your thoughts.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I think you’re gonna love it. Imo it’s the best film I’ve seen so far this year. It has everything. Excellence everywhere. Not meaning to raise your expectations as not everyone had the same reaction. Can’t wait for you to get back to us with your thoughts.

Looks like I may be able to catch it this Sunday. If I do, I’ll make sure to post my feelings. Very excited to watch it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Owl-Always-watching
    Participant
    Topics:

After watching, Waves, I say Sterling K Brown, is very good in it. But he disappears for large chunks of movie. I don’t se eit happening. Considering there are many options for supporting actor. It’s not like Regina king last year where category didn’t have many choices.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Having seen The Irishman I can see why some people prefer Pacino and others prefer Pesci, and that is why I think they will cancel each other out. I didn’t “like” the movie but what I did like were these two performances. The scene between the two of them was an acting class in itself – I would give a very slight edge to Pacino if I had to choose mostly due to the scene in Miami…

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

After watching, Waves, I say Sterling K Brown, is very good in it. But he disappears for large chunks of movie. I don’t se eit happening. Considering there are many options for supporting actor. It’s not like Regina king last year where category didn’t have many choices.

I said much of the same. I think the film has much larger problems then that though. It should be happy to get some Indie Spirit award noms and call it a day.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

Sterling K. Brown kind of reminds me of Mahershala Ali in “Moonlight.” He’s not necessarily on the screen for a long time, but his impact on the story is undeniable and you’re thinking about him even when he’s not there. That being said, Ali was in the eventual Best Picture winner and unless “Waves” makes a bigger impact than it already has, I’m not sure that I see Brown happening, even though I’ve had him in my lineup for months. I may take him out this week unfortunately.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw Parasite yesterday. I’ll go into more details about my overall feelings when I have more time today, but I will say that Song Kang-ho would be an extremely deserving nominee, and I think he has a definite shot of making the lineup, as he has the film, the performance, and the name (obviously not a Hollywood name, but as Nikhil said, he’s pretty huge in South Korea). I think he was my personal favorite performance in a really strong ensemble. At the very least I found him to be the best of the men. Also, I believe he’s been placed in the right category. This is an ensemble film, and every actor, except maybe Choi Woo-shik should be eligible in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

lol that poor pain and glory guy. not just not even a campaign but apparently not even submitted as i cant even vote for him if wanted too. lol thats hilarious to me. I could vote for someone from rambo but not one of the best performances of the year!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  PJ Edwards.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  PJ Edwards.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

lol that poor pain and glory guy. not just not even a campaign but apparently not even submitted as i cant even vote for him if wanted too. lol thats hilarious to me. I could vote for someone from rambo but not one of the best performances of the year!

Could you elaborate? If you mean predictions centre I asked a hundred times for him to be added and was ignored lol. And isn’t it about time you learned his name since you seem to stan?

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, you certainly don’t belong in these forums. Before shading Masterful Banderas, you should learn how to write capital letters. It’s essential.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Thatcher.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Thatcher.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, you certainly don’t belong in these forums. Before shading Masterful Banderas, you should learn how to write capital letters. It’s essential.

Forgive me my lady, but I think the poster wasn’t shading Banderas, but referring to the extraordinary Etxeandia.

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Milk Money
    Participant
    Topics:

Pacino will give Pitt a run for his money in the upcoming months. I honestly think the final outcome could go either way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Forgive me my lady, but I think the poster wasn’t shading Banderas, but referring to the extraordinary Etxeandia.

Darling, I’m just too old. Yeah, Etxeandia’s snub from his own studio is atrocious. He’s Oscar-worthy.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.