Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 499 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
teri
thatnerdgreg
M: The Original
  • Owl-Always-watching
    Participant
    Topics:

After watching, Waves, I say Sterling K Brown, is very good in it. But he disappears for large chunks of movie. I don’t se eit happening. Considering there are many options for supporting actor. It’s not like Regina king last year where category didn’t have many choices.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Having seen The Irishman I can see why some people prefer Pacino and others prefer Pesci, and that is why I think they will cancel each other out. I didn’t “like” the movie but what I did like were these two performances. The scene between the two of them was an acting class in itself – I would give a very slight edge to Pacino if I had to choose mostly due to the scene in Miami…

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

After watching, Waves, I say Sterling K Brown, is very good in it. But he disappears for large chunks of movie. I don’t se eit happening. Considering there are many options for supporting actor. It’s not like Regina king last year where category didn’t have many choices.

I said much of the same. I think the film has much larger problems then that though. It should be happy to get some Indie Spirit award noms and call it a day.

moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

Sterling K. Brown kind of reminds me of Mahershala Ali in “Moonlight.” He’s not necessarily on the screen for a long time, but his impact on the story is undeniable and you’re thinking about him even when he’s not there. That being said, Ali was in the eventual Best Picture winner and unless “Waves” makes a bigger impact than it already has, I’m not sure that I see Brown happening, even though I’ve had him in my lineup for months. I may take him out this week unfortunately.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw Parasite yesterday. I’ll go into more details about my overall feelings when I have more time today, but I will say that Song Kang-ho would be an extremely deserving nominee, and I think he has a definite shot of making the lineup, as he has the film, the performance, and the name (obviously not a Hollywood name, but as Nikhil said, he’s pretty huge in South Korea). I think he was my personal favorite performance in a really strong ensemble. At the very least I found him to be the best of the men. Also, I believe he’s been placed in the right category. This is an ensemble film, and every actor, except maybe Choi Woo-shik should be eligible in supporting.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

lol that poor pain and glory guy. not just not even a campaign but apparently not even submitted as i cant even vote for him if wanted too. lol thats hilarious to me. I could vote for someone from rambo but not one of the best performances of the year!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  PJ Edwards.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  PJ Edwards.
    Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

lol that poor pain and glory guy. not just not even a campaign but apparently not even submitted as i cant even vote for him if wanted too. lol thats hilarious to me. I could vote for someone from rambo but not one of the best performances of the year!

Could you elaborate? If you mean predictions centre I asked a hundred times for him to be added and was ignored lol. And isn’t it about time you learned his name since you seem to stan?

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, you certainly don’t belong in these forums. Before shading Masterful Banderas, you should learn how to write capital letters. It’s essential.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Thatcher.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Thatcher.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, you certainly don’t belong in these forums. Before shading Masterful Banderas, you should learn how to write capital letters. It’s essential.

Forgive me my lady, but I think the poster wasn’t shading Banderas, but referring to the extraordinary Etxeandia.

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)

Milk Money
    Participant
    Topics:

Pacino will give Pitt a run for his money in the upcoming months. I honestly think the final outcome could go either way.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Forgive me my lady, but I think the poster wasn’t shading Banderas, but referring to the extraordinary Etxeandia.

Darling, I’m just too old. Yeah, Etxeandia’s snub from his own studio is atrocious. He’s Oscar-worthy.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes I was but because he wasnt even the damned book I couldnt remember his name. I can vote for him in ensemble tho lol

espnfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone think Joe Pesci’s chances might be hurt by the fact he is not doing any publicity or campaigning for The Irishman? I would love to see him nominated, but I wonder if the Academy might forget about him if he chooses to not do any campaigning (similar to Robert Redford a few years ago for All is Lost). Unless I am mistaken, I have not heard a peep or seen him anywhere these past two months while The Irishman ramped up for it’s debut.

And unless he all of a sudden changes his mind or has something else planned, I do not anticipate him creating much of a campaign for himself. Heck, even if he is nominated for a Golden Globe or SAG award, I wonder if he will actually show up for the ceremonies at all. I am sure Netflix may want to push him in these coming weeks/months and campaign for him, but I highly doubt he will take part in that.

So does anyone think his decision/unwillingness to campaign and promote himself and his film will hurt his chances at a nomination and/or possible win?

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Watched Honey Boy today. I think Shia deserves a spot. Definitely over Willem Dafoe (who I love). I’m sorry, but Dafoe’s performance in The Lighthouse just doesn’t seem like the type Oscar voters would go for (even if they love to nominate him). Plus 3 noms in 3 years seems like a bit much to give to an actor who they haven’t seen fit to award yet.

Anywho… back to Shia. His is my favorite Supporting Actor performance that I’ve seen so far this year. I’m still waiting to see The Irishman as well as Hanks, but as of now, I would vote for Shia over the likes of Dafoe, anyone from Jojo Rabbit and Pitt.

Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, I’m just too old. Yeah, Etxeandia’s snub from his own studio is atrocious. He’s Oscar-worthy.

Is it possible to happen without appearing specifically on FYC ads? I’m clinging to the hope where it says “FYC in all categories” to bear fruit.

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.