Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 499 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
teri
thatnerdgreg
M: The Original
  • babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

We still have people thinking Nyong’o is getting a nomination for a movie the Academy will not watch.

lol. Bee is right though.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

lol. Bee is right though.

Not in the slightest. Why would a bunch of old white men NOT watch a film in black and white and 1.19:1 aspect ratio filmed using analog equipment that has been compared to the likes of Bergman and Godard? Yes, they probably won’t appreciate its experimental nature, but they’ll certainly watch it, not to mention, the newly anointed AMPAS members will eat that shit up like they do everything else from A24.

Dafoe is winning. Get mad and stay mad.

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

We still have people thinking Nyong’o is getting a nomination for a movie the Academy will not watch.

The academy saw Us; they just will not consider it prestigious enough.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Not in the slightest. Why would a bunch of old white men NOT watch a film in black and white and 1.19:1 aspect ratio filmed using analog equipment that has been compared to the likes of Bergman and Godard? Yes, they probably won’t appreciate its experimental nature, but they’ll certainly watch it, not to mention, the newly anointed AMPAS members will eat that shit up like they do everything else from A24.

I hope so. Also I’m not an old white man so there’s hope others will see it.
    But US has been around a lot longer and many more saw it to this point than LH.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

We still have people thinking Dafoe is winning for a movie the Academy will not watch.

Yup Dafoe will get his 200 or so fans voting for him that is required for the nomination but expecting much beyond that is delusional.

Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

Just a heads up, Curzon Mayfair are showing it on December 9th. Unfortunately the earlier showing followed by Q&A with Bong Joon-ho is sold out but they’re doing a later showing at 9:15pm with intro by Bong (I think) – if you’re free and nearby, order quick cos it’ll sell out. Parasite doesn’t get a proper UK release until February 7th.

Oh thanks for letting me know, but I don’t live near London so I’ll have to wait until February like all the other peasants haha

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Yup Dafoe will get his 200 or so fans voting for him that is required for the nomination but expecting much beyond that is delusional.

Darling, stop. We want Monochrome Dafoe to win.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, stop. We want Monochrome Dafoe to win.

We do, but you don’t need to like your own comment to get the point across.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Participant
    Topics:

We do, but you don’t need to like your own comment to get the point across.

Darling, you’re talking to your former Prime Minister. Are you new here? Thatcher can like her own comments whenever she wants.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh thanks for letting me know, but I don’t live near London so I’ll have to wait until February like all the other peasants haha

Haha neither do I, but I’ll find a way.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t share your brazen overconfidence but you make some good points.

JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

Haha neither do I, but I’ll find a way.

I’ll be there. Thanks for posting – hadn’t been aware this event and I can’t wait until February!

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone else think Tom Hanks will be this year’s Timothee Chalamet for Beautiful Boy? Nominated for Golden Globes, Critics Choice, BAFTA, and SAG, but loses the nomination to a Best Picture coattail (Alan Alda)? Because that’s what I’m predicting right now.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone else think Tom Hanks will be this year’s Timothee Chalamet for Beautiful Boy? Nominated for Golden Globes, Critics Choice, BAFTA, and SAG, but loses the nomination to a Best Picture coattail (Alan Alda)? Because that’s what I’m predicting right now.

I feel more confident about Hanks than a few other users on here. I believe his Cecil B. DeMille Award will give him additional visibility, and since Tom is one of the most charismatic and likable people in Hollywood, I think he’ll give a great speech that’ll earn him some extra support.

Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Mr. Hanks Rogers is probably getting snubbed. I mean, they didn’t care for his baity performances in Captain Phillips, Saving Mr. Banks, Sully or The Post. It’s time to deal with it and move on.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.