Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 3)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
cinetastic
Eddy Q
  • Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

For me it will be a crime if Dafoe dont make it in. He was master class!

Then prepare your police.

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙙, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate how boring this category has been all season. Idk why all the precursors went with the same 5-6 actors every time when there were so many unique and interesting performances to choose from.

As of now, the most exciting thing we can hope for is Song Kang Ho from Parasite to show up…

…it’d be nice if Oscar voters went with some more left-field choices like Willem Dafoe, Shia LaBeouf, Wesley Snipes, John Lithgow, Tracy Letts, Alan Alda, Jamie Bell or Sterling K Brown.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love nothing but to see Song Kang Ho nominated here, but he’s gotten no precursors so far. I think we’re treating the De Tavira exception as a stat when in fact we don’t have anything that indicates he’s getting in. If he gets in, no one would be fully able to predict it because he’s in a category were the main five contenders are Oscar winning legends (some of them even have two Oscars), so it’s hard to break that line up. Not saying Song can’t get in because I think he could and would be a pleasant surprise, but it seems more like it’s part of our wish list than an actual prediction. We don’t have a lot of reasons to believe the Pitt-Pacino-Pesci-Hanks-Hopkins is breakable.

Yeah, if anything Kang-Ho getting nominated is more of an inevitability than a possibility. There’s been 3 acting categories with POC’s in them ever since the Oscar’s so White controversy and Best Actor has a locked 5 white nominees, so this category will be one of the three.

For Your Consideration

Best Picture: Parasite
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho,
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Actress: Scarlett Johansson
    Supporting Actor: Al Pacino
    Supporting Actress: Florence Pugh
    Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit
    Original Screenplay: Parasite

ReplyCopy URL
    unown
    Participant
    Topics:

Im predicting Song Kang Ho to get in. Would love Parasite to sneak into s.actress as well but this category looks like it’s best chance

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Im predicting Song Kang Ho to get in. Would love Parasite to sneak into s.actress as well but this category looks like it’s best chance

The sad thing is a Supporting Actress nomination definitely could’ve happened if there was critical consensus on who the best of the women were like how everyone seems to agree that Song’s the best of the men. Honestly all four of the women could get in and I’d be fine with it. I’d love to see one of them surprise, but it just doesn’t seem to be in the cards.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

My predictions for tomorrow

Brad Pitt-Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: Locked for a nomination and probably a win.

Al Pacino/Joe Pesci-The Irishman: Both will be nominated, but neither will win due to vote splitting, just like Rachel Weisz and Emma Stone last year.

Tom Hanks: There no way Tom Hanks is going to be snubbed again after making all 4 precursors: that would just be mean and spiteful. Also, the Academy remembers how upset people were when they snubbed Mr. Rogers last year and they don’t want to do it again. Plus Hanks’ Golden Globe speech was still fresh on everyone’s minds while voting was going on.

Song-Kang Ho: There’s not going to be more than one all-white acting category this year so Kang-Ho will make it in. Plus Parasite is bound to coattail in at least one acting category with how strong its nomination strength has been and Kang-Ho already has way more accolades than De Tavira did last year.

For Your Consideration

Best Picture: Parasite
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho,
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Actress: Scarlett Johansson
    Supporting Actor: Al Pacino
    Supporting Actress: Florence Pugh
    Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit
    Original Screenplay: Parasite

ReplyCopy URL
    unown
    Participant
    Topics:

The sad thing is a Supporting Actress nomination definitely could’ve happened if there was critical consensus on who the best of the women were like how everyone seems to agree that Song’s the best of the men. Honestly all four of the women could get in and I’d be fine with it. I’d love to see one of them surprise, but it just doesn’t seem to be in the cards.

True. Support might be split as there were all good. I prefer Cho Yeo-jeong though.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheCineMike
    Participant
    Topics:

Tom Hanks: There no way Tom Hanks is going to be snubbed again after making all 4 precursors: that would just be mean and spiteful. Also, the Academy remembers how upset people were when they snubbed Mr. Rogers last year and they don’t want to do it again. Plus Hanks’ Golden Globe speech was still fresh on everyone’s minds while voting was going on.

I agree with that. What made me confident to predict Hanks this year than ever before is his recent Golden Globes speech.

ReplyCopy URL
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Song Kang Ho pleeeeease. What an incredible performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

John Lithgow should be here for Bombshell. He’s way better than Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Willem Dafoe, Anthony Hopkins and even Brad Pitt. Such a brilliant performance. He made it look like everything was happening live

Joker Deserves Everything.

Joaquin Phoenix is the Man

Cynthia Erivo should win best actress

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am genuinely surprised that Song Kang Ho is being predicted by so many when he hasn’t shown up in the precursors. I am not predicting him and will be very surprised if his name is called tomorrow. If he were replacing Brad Pitt I would be more than happy for him, but honestly I preferred the teenager, who was the ‘lead’ but it was such an ensemble he would likely be considered supporting – can’t remember his name?

Just locked in all of my nominees in all categories – hoping for 80% this year. In this category I have gone with Hanks, Hopkins, Pacino, Pesci and Pitt – Hopkins is the vulnerable one in the fifth slot; Jamie Foxx, Willem Dafoe and maybe Song Kang Ho could take it, or better yet an out of nowhere nomination for John Lithgow or Shia LeBeouf would be great…

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

4. Song Khan Ho

He isn’t Indian.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I am genuinely surprised that Song Kang Ho is being predicted by so many when he hasn’t shown up in the precursors. I am not predicting him and will be very surprised if his name is called tomorrow.

Yeah just like last year when everyone was predicting Marina de Tavira to get in despite her having no precursor noms. So delusional! 😉😆

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not delusional to say that you would be surprised that someone gets a nomination. I am not certain at all that he won’t be nominated, just would be surprised if he is. I usually get 17 acting nominations (on average, sometimes 16, 18, 19 and even 20) correct and Hopkins could be one of my incorrect ones this year. Marina de Tavira’s nomination last year was surprising and I was thrilled about it – she was one of the 3 I got wrong, along with Willem Dafoe and Sam Rockwell.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not delusional to say that you would be surprised that someone gets a nomination.

Not what I meant at all.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.