Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
M: The Original
Pulp
  • M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

That ends Dern Regina King-ing her way to a win.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

If Regina King-ing her way to a win means basically winning the race by default after inexplicably missing half of the precursors, she could still do that.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure what you’re talking about. Dern’s circumstances are different from King’s. Anyway, I’m still fairly certain Dern’s gonna win, but I said before, if someone takes her down, then it’s Robbie for Bombshell.

ReplyCopy URL
    Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Bombshell is getting 4 acting nods at most with additional nominations for best picture and screenplay.

A few people remarked on Twitter that Lithgrow essentially played himself so I don’t think he’s happening. Also have heard no word on Kidman. Just Robbie and Theron

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Bombshell is getting 4 acting nods at most with additional nominations for best picture and screenplay.

Do you mean “at least”? Cause they’re only pushing for four actors, and I don’t think anyone’s predicting them to get five or more nominated.

Right now I’m predicting Theron and Robbie to be nominated, but if he’s well received than I can definitely see Lithgow getting in.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope the feedback keeps coming back as positive. If that happens it could end up in some top tier nominations.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope all of them are good. Good enough to compete for SAG Ensemble at the very least.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    HawkWD
    Participant
    Topics:

Margot and possibly Nicole crashing into this race to liven things up… You love  to see it!

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m hoping bombshell is strong enough to merit a coattail nod for kidman, sis better rack up some non-competitive nods so when the right vehicle comes she can start an overdue campaign

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Where are you guys seeing all these strong reactions? I looked on Twitter and only saw like 5 people talking about this film and one of them hated it.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m just glad that Margot Robbie is likely getting in for Bombshell rather than Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. She was very good, but the script gave her so little to do, it’d be ridiculous if she got nominated. Also having both her and Pitt in supporting would only help highlight how blatant his category fraud is.

ReplyCopy URL
    jez89
    Participant
    Topics:

Poor Bening Should have won for American Beauty decades ago and all of her recent Oscar vehicles, Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool, 20th Century Women and The Report have flopped massively. Perpetually sad for her, Damy and Glenn..

It is a shame but it is also what is wrong with the Oscar voting. The category is Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role not Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Film Nominated for Best Picture (or closely considered for it). In recent years there has been a worrying trend where only the performers in widely praised Oscar films seem to have a chance of winning (sure there are a few exceptions, but they are becoming rarer and rarer). If Bening is exceptional in The Report then she should be nominated. It’s annoying that critical praise for the film and the film’s chances of overall nominations seem to be prerequisites for a nomination these days.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  jez89.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  jez89.
    ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Where are you guys seeing all these strong reactions? I looked on Twitter and only saw like 5 people talking about this film and one of them hated it.

Yeah I searched high and low for reactions but there is slim pickings. I couldnt even find if it is comedy or a drama. lol

ReplyCopy URL
    oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still rooting for Laura Dern and I haven’t even seen Marriage Story. I just want her to win the Oscar so bad, and everyone is saying she is superb and I don’t doubt it at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    OhJulian
    Participant
    Topics:

If Judi Dench is acclaimed in Cats then i think she will get into the category considering how dry it is, despite the movie itself probably flopping terribly (kinda like Cruz in Nine)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 498 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.