Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
M: The Original
Pulp
  • Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I just realized what a weak front runner Dern was… like its not like anyone was calling her the MVP of Marriage Story. I don’t want to overreact too much, but I wonder if this is even a race. Maybe Dern ends up being Sam Elliot.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure if anyone’s talked about this, but Thomasin McKenzie is now able to be predicted in supporting instead of lead. If that’s been talked about before, then I must not have seen it, but I think people would be wise to get the low odds on her now, as everything I hear makes her sound very likely for a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure if anyone’s talked about this, but Thomasin McKenzie is now able to be predicted in supporting instead of lead. If that’s been talked about before, then I must not have seen it, but I think people would be wise to get the low odds on her now, as everything I hear makes her sound very likely for a nomination.

That would be interesting.
    Haven’t seen JoJo yet but this girl has range.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Kidman definately can get in. Just because she’s not getting raves doesn’t mean she’s not getting in. If She got in for Lion she definately Could get in for Bombshell.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Kidman definately can get in. Just because she’s not getting raves doesn’t mean she’s not getting in. If She got in for Lion she definately Could get in for Bombshell.

Maybe. She made Aquama n infinitely more watchable. Yes Aquama n.
    Reminded me how good she is.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Kidman isn’t getting nominated with such a minor role. Kidmaniacs do this every year and she comes up short every time.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Kidman isn’t getting nominated with such a minor role. Kidmaniacs do this every year and she comes up short every time.

Maybe. Wasn’t it you who was absolutely certain Bombshell would be a fart in the wind?

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I won’t completely rule out Kidman, but I don’t see her getting nominated. She’s apparently a fairly small role and Robbie has gotten way better notices. This category is actually starting to shape up. Right now my predictions are:

1. Laura Dern, Marriage Story

2. Margot Robbie, Bombshell

3. Thomasin McKenzie, Jojo Rabbit

4. Florence Pugh, Little Women

5. Shuzhen Zhao, The Farewell

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

“Kidmaniacs”, I like it. Subscribed to the movement.

However, I wouldn’t just predict her in the top 5 just yet. The reactions are not exactly like “The Favourite”, where all 3 were deemed undeniable. If Robbie steals the spotlight for supporting, Nicole will be the logical casualty.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

However, I wouldn’t just predict her in the top 5 just yet. The reactions are not exactly like “The Favorite” were all 3 were deemed undeniable. If Robbie steals the spotlight for supporting Nicole will be the logical casualty.

She’s IN.(Robbie). And with the good will with her astonishing perf in Once Upon Time I can’t see how she’s going to miss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

However, I wouldn’t just predict her in the top 5 just yet. The reactions are not exactly like “The Favourite”, where all 3 were deemed undeniable. If Robbie steals the spotlight for supporting, Nicole will be the logical casualty.

To me it’s more a Rockwell/Harrelson comparison. Kidman probably will not make every single awards ceremony, but could show up Oscar nomination morning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully Kidman coattails, but the Academy doesn’t seem to be on her side as of late. This is starting to not look like a weak category at all, with Dern, Lopez, Robbie, Kidman, Zhao, McKenzie and Bates all strong possibilities and Smith, Bening, Paquin, Pugh and Streep on the periphery.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

GIRLS THE BEST SUPPORTING PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR AKA AS OCTAVIA SPENCER IN LUCE HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE PREDICTIONS CENTER

LET’S MAKE HER HAPPEN

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish Christine Lahti was in the mix for A Beautiful Day…
    I’m willing to bet she’s just as good if not better than Tom Hanks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully Kidman coattails, but the Academy doesn’t seem to be on her side as of late. This is starting to not look like a weak category at all, with Dern, Lopez, Robbie, Kidman, Zhao, McKenzie and Bates all strong possibilities and Smith, Bening, Paquin, Pugh and Streep on the periphery.

The Academy is always on her side when she has the movie. Destroyer was never going to do it for her or Boy Erased. Both flopped last year.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 498 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.