Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
M: The Original
Pulp
  • Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Kidman has had quite the post-Lion slump. Destroyer, Boy Erased, How To Talk To Girls at Parties, The Upside and The Goldfinch. The good sis takes risks (and BLL paid off), but this streak of flops and getting overshadowed by her Australian contemporaries isn’t a good look.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Hollywood has a short memory..

ReplyCopy URL
    Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Hollywood has a short memory..

I hope so because I admire her versatility. It just doesn’t seem to favor her at the end of the day. Same with Portman. The flops are so disappointing. They could take a note or two from Damy on vetting prestige

ReplyCopy URL
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe. Wasn’t it you who was absolutely certain Bombshell would be a fart in the wind?

the Nyong’o and Awkwafina stans were hating on Bombshell because they knew it was the only way any of them could get nominated. Now it’s unlikely.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

the Nyong’o and Awkwafina stans were hating on Bombshell because they knew it was the only way any of them could get nominated. Now it’s unlikely.

I’m not up to par on these things.
    Many thanks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

There has been always been room for both Charlize and Awkwafina after Cynthia tanked

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I won’t completely rule out Kidman, but I don’t see her getting nominated. She’s apparently a fairly small role and Robbie has gotten way better notices. This category is actually starting to shape up. Right now my predictions are:

1. Laura Dern, Marriage Story

2. Margot Robbie, Bombshell

3. Thomasin McKenzie, Jojo Rabbit

4. Florence Pugh, Little Women

5. Shuzhen Zhao, The Farewell

Streep is going make someone very upset on Oscar morning.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Streep is going make someone very upset on Oscar morning.

First of all, I’m not a Streep hater, in fact I love her. So her being nominated wouldn’t upset me.

Second of all, Streep’s had plenty of movies where she wasn’t nominated, and this year she doesn’t have the performance or film. The Laundromat wasn’t well received, it has zero studio backing, and she dons brown face in it, so that’s a non factor. And Pugh was widely seen as Little Women’s best supporting performance, whilst Streep’s role is really just a cameo. Maybe my memory is failing me, but I think Emma Watson got singled out more than Streep. So I don’t think she’s getting in there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Supporting Actress Predictions

1. Laura Dern (Marriage Story *BP)
    2. Margot Robbie (Bombshell *BP)
    3. Thomasin Mckenzie (JOJO RABBIT *BP)
    4. Nicole Kidman (Bombshell *BP)
    5. Florence Pugh (Little Women)

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, believe me. Awkwardfina’s mother won’t be nominated. Voters will be too lazy to write her name and will vote for an American supporting actress instead.

I was your Prime Minister once.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

First of all, I’m not a Streep hater, in fact I love her. So her being nominated wouldn’t upset me.

Second of all, Streep’s had plenty of movies where she wasn’t nominated, and this year she doesn’t have the performance or film. The Laundromat wasn’t well received, it has zero studio backing, and she dons brown face in it, so that’s a non factor. And Pugh was widely seen as Little Women’s best supporting performance, whilst Streep’s role is really just a cameo. Maybe my memory is failing me, but I think Emma Watson got singled out more than Streep. So I don’t think she’s getting in there.

Streep got raves in Laundromat. She got in for worse movies, hell she WON in worse films. Underestimate her at your own risk.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, believe me. Awkwardfina’s mother won’t be nominated. Voters will be too lazy to write her name and will vote for an American supporting actress instead.

If you’re referring to Shuzhen Zhao, then she played her grandmother.

Streep got raves in Laundromat. She got in for worse movies, hell she WON in worse films. Underestimate her at your own risk.

I don’t recall her notices being raves. Anyway, it doesn’t matter how she was received. She has no studio backing. She can’t get in for a film that the studio has completely abandoned. Streep will be campaigning for her Little Women performance instead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

There has been always been room for both Charlize and Awkwafina after Cynthia tanked

And quite possibly Nyong’o too. I consider her better-positioned than Erivo unless precursors indicate otherwise.

Edit: shit I hadn’t realised this was the supporting actress thread!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Eddy Q.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Eddy Q.
    ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

GIRLS THE BEST SUPPORTING PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR AKA AS OCTAVIA SPENCER IN LUCE HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE PREDICTIONS CENTER

LET’S MAKE HER HAPPEN

Neon decided to back Luce after how long? Laughs. Spencer will sit this one out.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Neon decided to back Luce after how long? Laughs. Spencer will sit this one out.

Are you afraid she might be taking Kathy Bates’s spot?

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 498 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.