Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 492 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
M: The Original
Pulp
  • Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

Lopez will not win. I think she will be snubbed here and there and in the end her win will be the nomination (if she gets one). The actual award is between Dern and Robbie (Bombshell).

This is what I am hoping and expecting to happen as well, I just don’t want to be super confident and then eat my own words lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Thomasin McKensie deserves a nomination based on the script alone (her dialogue is fantastic) but she won’t get it. The critics aren’t giving any of the performances outside of Roman Griffin Davis much praise. I’m thinking right now that Jojo Rabbit will get 0 acting nominations.

Then the screenplay should win an award? Acting awards should go to actors who make bad writing seem fantastic. That’s the real challenge.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

I just want to remind everyone that Dern is easily sweeping those critics awards. While I haven’t seen the movie yet, it’s already obvious to me that “Marriage Story” is a critical favorite, and Dern seems to give that short but scene-stealing performance that critics end up rallying behind – like King. For the record, as fantastic as King was in her little “Beale Street” screen time, I honestly don’t think she was deserving of that win. It’s one thing if you can maximize your screen time, it’s another if your co-nominees could have done the same had they had less screen time (yes, I’m looking at Stone and Weisz, who were sublime).

Methinks you’re ignoring the racial, cultural, and socioeconomic implications of what that moment is for King’s character… Don’t think Stone’s and Weisz’s could have had a moment that impactful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

Jlo will get Globe, CC, and SAG noms but be snubbed at the oscars.

#FreeTheBannedFour

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Exactly. AMPAS’ acting branch will not even bother to watch Hustlers and JLo herself being the one with the buzz will also discourage them lmao. She is really not happening. Watch a coattail filler replace her.

Who though? I don’t see any buzz for Maggie Smith or (sadly) Thomasin McKensie. The Farewell’s dead, so Zhou ain’t happening. And I don’t think Bombshell will get a double nomination here. I guess Kathy Bates could sneak in if Richard Jewell is sucessful, but I’m waiting to see on that one.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

The Farewell’s dead, so Zhou ain’t happening.

Says who? People on Goldderby?! Lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chfrik
    Topics:

I’m starting to think that Taylor has a Small chance with cats

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Exactly. AMPAS’ acting branch will not even bother to watch Hustlers and JLo herself being the one with the buzz will also discourage them lmao. She is really not happening. Watch a coattail filler replace her.

Don’t know about AMPAS actors at large but Paul Walter Hausser has already watched (praised) Hustlers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I guess Kathy Bates could sneak in if Richard Jewell is successful, but I’m waiting to see on that one.

It’s what we all want.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Don’t know about AMPAS actors at large but Paul Walter Hausser has already watched (praised) Hustlers.

He needs to concern himself with getting nominated in his very competitive category of Best Actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    HawkWD
    Topics:

Interesting that he said JLo deserves a nod instead of saying she deserves a win…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, Thatcher smells a snub for Awkwardfina’s grandmother. She’s got a difficult name for Academy members. So, her ancient vagina is probably dying without a dildo.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

I’m starting to think that Taylor has a Small chance with cats

Infinitesimally small.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Darlings, Thatcher smells a snub for Awkwardfina’s grandmother. She’s got a difficult name for Academy members. So, her ancient vagina is probably dying without a dildo.

I’m on the verge of blocking you madam Thatcher. I don’t like doing that. Would you like that dildoless prick?

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by teri.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by teri.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.