Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
M: The Original
Pulp
  • John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll be happy for Dern because she’s a great actress but a win for Lopez would be much more exciting. Especially seeing all those meltdowns here that Lopez has an Academy Award but someone like Emily Blunt hasn’t even been nominated. Oh my god, Lopez is gonna be nominated before Blunt. Who would have ever thought! 😂

I would laugh so fucking hard if Lopez actually won! Even if she’s just nominated, it will still be hilarious!

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

ReplyCopy URL
    DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

Obviously could be wrong here but I feel like the hype over Lopez is already depleting. I know a decent number of people who don’t follow the Oscars like we do who went to see Hustlers due to all of the buzz and most of them were disappointed and felt her performance didn’t live up to the hype. At least with most of my friends I have spoken to, they seem to think Lopez gave a good performance but not Oscar-worthy. I’d personally support a nomination for her but I would be surprised if she rides this to a win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

Obviously could be wrong here but I feel like the hype over Lopez is already depleting. I know a decent number of people who don’t follow the Oscars like we do who went to see Hustlers due to all of the buzz and most of them were disappointed and felt her performance didn’t live up to the hype. At least with most of my friends I have spoken to, they seem to think Lopez gave a good performance but not Oscar-worthy. I’d personally support a nomination for her but I would be surprised if she rides this to a win.

Lopez will not win. I think she will be snubbed here and there and in the end her win will be the nomination (if she gets one). The actual award is between Dern and Robbie (Bombshell).

My personal Top 5 of 2019 so far:
    1) Parasite 2) The Farewell 3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4) Joker 5) Jojo Rabbit

ReplyCopy URL
    DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

Lopez will not win. I think she will be snubbed here and there and in the end her win will be the nomination (if she gets one). The actual award is between Dern and Robbie (Bombshell).

This is what I am hoping and expecting to happen as well, I just don’t want to be super confident and then eat my own words lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Thomasin McKensie deserves a nomination based on the script alone (her dialogue is fantastic) but she won’t get it. The critics aren’t giving any of the performances outside of Roman Griffin Davis much praise. I’m thinking right now that Jojo Rabbit will get 0 acting nominations.

Then the screenplay should win an award? Acting awards should go to actors who make bad writing seem fantastic. That’s the real challenge.

ReplyCopy URL
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want to remind everyone that Dern is easily sweeping those critics awards. While I haven’t seen the movie yet, it’s already obvious to me that “Marriage Story” is a critical favorite, and Dern seems to give that short but scene-stealing performance that critics end up rallying behind – like King. For the record, as fantastic as King was in her little “Beale Street” screen time, I honestly don’t think she was deserving of that win. It’s one thing if you can maximize your screen time, it’s another if your co-nominees could have done the same had they had less screen time (yes, I’m looking at Stone and Weisz, who were sublime).

Methinks you’re ignoring the racial, cultural, and socioeconomic implications of what that moment is for King’s character… Don’t think Stone’s and Weisz’s could have had a moment that impactful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Jlo will get Globe, CC, and SAG noms but be snubbed at the oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Jlo will get Globe, CC, and SAG noms but be snubbed at the oscars.

Exactly. AMPAS’ acting branch will not even bother to watch Hustlers and JLo herself being the one with the buzz will also discourage them lmao. She is really not happening. Watch a coattail filler replace her.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Exactly. AMPAS’ acting branch will not even bother to watch Hustlers and JLo herself being the one with the buzz will also discourage them lmao. She is really not happening. Watch a coattail filler replace her.

Who though? I don’t see any buzz for Maggie Smith or (sadly) Thomasin McKensie. The Farewell’s dead, so Zhou ain’t happening. And I don’t think Bombshell will get a double nomination here. I guess Kathy Bates could sneak in if Richard Jewell is sucessful, but I’m waiting to see on that one.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

The Farewell’s dead, so Zhou ain’t happening.

Says who? People on Goldderby?! Lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m starting to think that Taylor has a Small chance with cats

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t know about AMPAS actors at large but Paul Walter Hausser has already watched (praised) Hustlers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess Kathy Bates could sneak in if Richard Jewell is successful, but I’m waiting to see on that one.

It’s what we all want.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t know about AMPAS actors at large but Paul Walter Hausser has already watched (praised) Hustlers.

He needs to concern himself with getting nominated in his very competitive category of Best Actor.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

ReplyCopy URL
    HawkWD
    Participant
    Topics:

Interesting that he said JLo deserves a nod instead of saying she deserves a win…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 498 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.