Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 488 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
M: The Original
GregSprinkles
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am absolutely convinced that Dame Maggie Smith will be nominated for Downton Abbey and am surprised that she isn’t in the top five in the odds on here. She gives a fantastic performance and she is beloved – there are many fans of the show and I believe particularly older members of the academy will lead to her getting nominated for it (and she will deserve it, especially for her final scene with Michelle Dockery).

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I am absolutely convinced that Dame Maggie Smith will be nominated for Downton Abbey and am surprised that she isn’t in the top five in the odds on here. She gives a fantastic performance and she is beloved – there are many fans of the show and I believe particularly older members of the academy will lead to her getting nominated for it (and she will deserve it, especially for her final scene with Michelle Dockery).

I seldom check top 5. Too traumatic….

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

HFPA orgasm over Dern. She’s winning the Globe. They wanna win her an Oscar. Robbie has an entire career to win an Oscar.

Yes that’s what they thought about River Phoenix.

Profile picture
    Topics:

I know she has no chance at all, but I love Da’Vine Joy Randolph as Lady Reed in Dolemite is my Name. I’ll be glad if she gets in

She has a very good chance of snatching roles from Octavia since she’ll be a cheaper hire.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I know she has no chance at all, but I love Da’Vine Joy Randolph as Lady Reed in Dolemite is my Name. I’ll be glad if she gets in

She was incredible in all of her scenes. Sadly, she’s going to be ignored.

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

My god did Octavia bully you when you where a child or something? Leave her alone for Christ’s sake.

He literally managed to insult two people in one statement. How salty. Kathy Bates ain’t getting nominated, dude. Get over it!

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

He literally managed to insult two people in one statement. How salty. Kathy Bates ain’t getting nominated, dude. Get over it!

Make that 3. Although there’s an endearing side to his loyalty to Kathy. Not so much when you trash someone else to prop your favorite up.
    I notice that’s not rare here.

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

My top 5 favourites in this category:

I’ve just seen Parasite and I stan her now

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:

My god did Octavia bully you when you where a child or something? Leave her alone for Christ’s sake.

That’s a cynical remark that isn’t denigrating the women but the industry who sees two brown skinned plus size Black women as interchangeable.

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

Who doesn’t? What a queen.

조여정이 정말 예쁘다!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Manuelcolon
    Topics:

I have not seen the movie, but i feel as sure as you do about her nomination. With a category so thin yet unpredictable i KNOW Maggie Smith will take a spot, the movie got good reviews, it did pretty well at box office, her performance was very praised, she’s so in at BAFTA and possibly SAG, everything just screams to me that it is like a The Help kind of film (simple yet crowd pleasing), but not THAT supported.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.