Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
M: The Original
EsOS
  • Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is no one considering Nicole Kidman for Bombshell? Real question lol.

I’m assuming it’s because compared to her two co-stars her performance is lacking something needed to get buzz. Theron apparently completely transforms into Megyn Kelly and Robbie apparently gives a fantastic performance. IDK, I think maybe she just loses out to her two co-stars.

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Bombshell could get double nods for Robbie and Kidman. I’m really surprised other users haven’t supported this, too. They are definitely blind.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

people say kidman doesn’t have much to do which could very well true, I currently have her in cuz I feel like bombshell will be big enough to pull off a double nod and I don’t wanna give up my 1/100 just yet

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

The Kidman Oscar bias, she has yet to receive a nomination for her work in an R rated movie. Of course that’s not the real reason she lacks buzz, simply the consensus is with her costars, and those two are competing in separate categories so they won’t cancel each other out.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I hear that Robbie has a much bigger role and she’s got way more hype, so I think she’s gonna suck up all the Bombshell support in this category.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe it’s me but I don’t see any hype for Robbie yet.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree, she’s very possible on paper but I feel like people here saw a few tweets mentioning her and ran with it lol

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree, she’s very possible on paper but I feel like people here saw a few tweets mentioning her and ran with it lol

Ugh I want Margot to win so bad but I just don’t buy it with Laura in the way.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Robbie’s more likely to receive the lots of time treatment.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

If Bombshell were like above #5 for BP I would call Robbie a lock for a nomination and a threat for a win. I get why people are calling her a strong contender because it makes sense on paper, but I’m just saying there is in no way enough evidence to call her a lock at this point (based on a few reactions essentially) and it’s an open category so she could move down to #4 or #5 if enough others pick up steam

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

If Bombshell were like above #5 for BP I would call Robbie a lock for a nomination and a threat for a win. I get why people are calling her a strong contender because it makes sense on paper, but I’m just saying there is in no way enough evidence to call her a lock at this point (based on a few reactions essentially) and it’s an open category so she could move down to #4 or #5 if enough others pick up steam

Given what little evidence we have Nicole has as much chance as Robbie. I wouldn’t want to underestimate her irrespective of the reports.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Given what little evidence we have Nicole has as much chance as Robbie. I wouldn’t want to underestimate her irrespective of the reports.

I know some know more about Bombshell here so correct me if I’m wrong, but I think there were like 2-3 tweets saying Robbie was MVP, I think there were more saying Theron was and the rest said that all of the performances in the film were great (including Kidman). And then there were the few who hated the movie, so given that those were 20-30 tweets that doesn’t seem very conducive to anything

Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

it’s hard to tell at the moment especially because Netflix is behind Dern and is putting her everywhere.

Robbie has the ingenue narrative for herself if they want to push that, and she’s been been in the award conversation for a few years now so she’s got credibility too. She did also make SAG as the sole nominee from MQOS so I’m not underestimating her at all.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I know some know more about Bombshell here so correct me if I’m wrong, but I think there were like 2-3 tweets saying Robbie was MVP, I think there were more saying Theron was and the rest said that all of the performances in the film were great (including Kidman). And then there were the few who hated the movie, so given that those were 20-30 tweets that doesn’t seem very conducive to anything

My greatest confidence is in Theron. If anyone can win just based on her skill it’s her.
    My point is that we don’t know much of anything yet, and going by what other people are saying is unreliable, or an eagerness to cleave onto anything that supports our personal biases

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

it’s hard to tell at the moment especially because Netflix is behind Dern and is putting her everywhere.

Robbie has the ingenue narrative for herself if they want to push that, and she’s been been in the award conversation for a few years now so she’s got credibility too. She did also make SAG as the sole nominee from MQOS so I’m not underestimating her at all.

Me either. And given she’s my MVP for Tarantino ‘s film I like her and wish her well.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.