Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 488 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
M: The Original
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

JLo will get a Globe nom and maybe critics choice but that’s it. I don’t see SAG or BAFTA nominating her

FYC 2020 EMMYS

COMEDY- SCHITTS CREEK in all categories, Maya Rudolph, Eddie Murphy

DRAMA- Killing Eve in all categories, HBC, Cicely Tyson, The Crown in directing

LIMITED- UNBELIEVABLE, Normal People in writing and directing, Toni Collette, Tituss Burgess

FYC OSCARS- Amy Adams

Profile picture
    Topics:

I’m not going to be able to handle Oscar nom morning if/when Octavia doesn’t get in.

She’s been over acknowledged by award season already. Her record does not fit her range. I said what I said!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Someone’s pressed that Octavia just got ahead of Kathy Bates in the predictions center

Once critical response gives the go on Richard Jewell we’ll have our third solid category contender.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Watched Luce determined to see if Octavia has been better in past films. I had a good laugh at myself because she was pitch perfect. It was a cathartic experience.
    I don’t want to get ahead of myself but I wonder what the chances are for a SAG ensemble nom? That field has fierce competitors but would be a worthy addition imo .

I preferred Luce to JJr because I didn’t have the same issues, although I enjoyed the latter as well. My only hesitation is that the film won’t connect with general audiences.
    From what I’ve seen Octavia can compete with anyone she’s up against. I’d like to keep her in my top 5, because I want to .

ETA: interesting seeing Watts and Roth working together over and over again

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by teri.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Once critical response gives the go on Richard Jewell we’ll have our third solid category contender.

Yes if Kathy gets the right notices and everything lines up I think she has a better chance for a nod than Octavia.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Yes if Kathy gets the right notices and everything lines up I think she has a better chance for a nod than Octavia.

My point exactly!

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

My point exactly!

Well, it isn’t because Bates is “better” but the timing is in her corner, since Octavia is a recent multiple winner.

oops. I meant winner and nominee. lol

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

She’s been over acknowledged by award season already. Her record does not fit her range. I said what I said!

Girl…you don’t have to bring Octavia down just to prop Bates up smh. Neither are happening anyways.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I have not seen Luce, but the film just seems too small to score an Oscar nomination. It didn’t do anything at Box Office and no one is talking about it (outside these forums). I’m sure Octavia Spencer is worthy, but she has missed out on a nom before for an independent film: Fruitville Station …and that film had a much bigger presence in its award season.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Well, it isn’t because Bates is “better” but the timing is in her corner, since Octavia is a recent multiple winner.

oops. I meant winner and nominee. lol

Spencer has never gotten in unless her movie had multiple nods. Luce may not make screenplay.

Profile picture
    Topics:

I have not seen Luce, but the film just seems too small to score an Oscar nomination. It didn’t do anything at Box Office and no one is talking about it (outside these forums). I’m sure Octavia Spencer is worthy, but she has missed out on a nom before for an independent film: Fruitville Station …and that film had a much bigger presence in its award season.

The rationale is her standing is greater now and the category is lame. But lame doesn’t mean non-factor movies will appeal to voters because an established name is in them.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Girl…you don’t have to bring Octavia down just to prop Bates up smh. Neither are probably happening anyways.

I feel this way regardless of Bates in Richard Jewell being a possibility.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Personal choices for what I’ve seen so far:

null
    null
    null
    null
    null

Honorable mentions: Thomasin McKenzie, Shahadi Wright Joseph, Billie Lourd, Emma Thompson

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

After seeing Jojo Rabbit, Thomasin McKensie absolutelt deserves a nomination here. I hope she can break through.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.