Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 488 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
M: The Original
EsOS
  • Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh wait, I forgot about Luce! I watched it last week, and Octavia Spencer and Marsha Stephanie Blake are absolutely EVERYTHING in that movie. So so stunning. Spencer is sidelined in so many movies that it’s easy to forget why she’s so amazing, but movies like this remind me. Wow wow wow.

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

She was absolutely STUNNING in Us. It honestly baffles me as to why so many people here are so averse to her performance in that movie, she was nothing but phenomenal. I think that people are a little too quick to dismiss more limited roles as being undeserving just because they didn’t have as much screen time, even if they were very very good. With this stellar performance and the way she SERVED in the trailer for The Invisible Man, I would love for her to become the next great scream queen. Anyone got Ari Aster’s phone number?

Moss doesn’t have enough screen time to justify a push. The family at the center of Us really are the stars of the picture to the point the rest of the ensemble recedes.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Moss doesn’t have enough screen time to justify a push. The family at the center of Us really are the stars of the picture to the point the rest of the ensemble recedes.

But she acts circles around everyone in that cast (minus Nyong’o) with just one particular scene, and I’m sure everyone knows which scene I’m talking about.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

But she acts circles around everyone in that cast (minus Nyong’o) with just one particular scene, and I’m sure everyone knows which scene I’m talking about.

ICONIC!!!

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d be more interested in seeing Moss get pushed for Her Smell more than Us.

#FreeTheBannedFour

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Moss was good in Us, but I definitely wouldn’t call her Oscar worthy. The only part of that film that I believe was deserving of a nomination was Lupita, which I’m not predicting.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

She was absolutely STUNNING in Us. It honestly baffles me as to why so many people here are so averse to her performance in that movie, she was nothing but phenomenal. I think that people are a little too quick to dismiss more limited roles as being undeserving just because they didn’t have as much screen time, even if they were very very good. With this stellar performance and the way she SERVED in the trailer for The Invisible Man, I would love for her to become the next great scream queen. Anyone got Ari Aster’s phone number?

imo Lupit a is the only Oscar worthy perf in US. That film wouldn’t have worked without her in it. And I thought her work was more complex than in her win .
    I lost my temper with her stans, which is nobody here, because although I’m fine with posted pictures they were going on and on and on saying how beautiful her skin is. I barged in to try to divert them, but it worked for about 10 seconds until I was accused of being jealous.

It’s very doubtful she’s nominated for this for a variety of questionable reasons. Right now just based on what I’ve seen she’s top 5 .

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  teri.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  teri.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

THR1

THR2

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I like what Dern’s wearing.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao this is literally exactly the point I made in my post. How deserving people are for a nomination should never be based on screen time. Viola Davis was barely in seven or eight minutes of Doubt, but would you say that she was undeserving of her nomination just because of her small role? No! It’s the same argument that we keep having over and over in the TV forums about Fleabag. Length is never more important than quality. If Moss took ten minutes of screentime and absolutely killed every single one, then it’s silly to call her undeserving.

cinetastic
    Participant
    Topics:

Although I enjoyed Lupita’s performance in Us, I enjoyed Elisabeth’s performance more. I’d be happy if she nailed an Oscar nomination but it doesn’t seem like it will happen.

ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Johansson a double nominee. Jo Jo Rabbit and Marriage Story.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Although I enjoyed Lupita’s performance in Us, I enjoyed Elisabeth’s performance more. I’d be happy if she nailed an Oscar nomination but it doesn’t seem like it will happen.

Can I ask why you preferred Moss? Cause I don’t think Moss’ performance was even close to being as good as Lupita’s. I’d say that I liked Winston Duke better than Moss.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

JLO (and Rob Pattinson) feature in an “Actors on Actors” interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXDWnTvvYLk

She’s working hard and pulling all the stops possible for that Oscar nom. Yes girl.. I guess?!

Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

JLO (and Rob Pattinson) feature in an “Actors on Actors” interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXDWnTvvYLk She’s working hard and pulling all the stops possible for that Oscar nom. Yes girl.. I guess?!

It would be too embarrassing if both of them will get an egg come Oscar nomination morning. #ihopenot

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.