Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
M: The Original
EsOS
  • cinetastic
    Participant
    Topics:

Although I enjoyed Lupita’s performance in Us, I enjoyed Elisabeth’s performance more. I’d be happy if she nailed an Oscar nomination but it doesn’t seem like it will happen.

ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Johansson a double nominee. Jo Jo Rabbit and Marriage Story.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Although I enjoyed Lupita’s performance in Us, I enjoyed Elisabeth’s performance more. I’d be happy if she nailed an Oscar nomination but it doesn’t seem like it will happen.

Can I ask why you preferred Moss? Cause I don’t think Moss’ performance was even close to being as good as Lupita’s. I’d say that I liked Winston Duke better than Moss.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

JLO (and Rob Pattinson) feature in an “Actors on Actors” interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXDWnTvvYLk

She’s working hard and pulling all the stops possible for that Oscar nom. Yes girl.. I guess?!

Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

JLO (and Rob Pattinson) feature in an “Actors on Actors” interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXDWnTvvYLk She’s working hard and pulling all the stops possible for that Oscar nom. Yes girl.. I guess?!

It would be too embarrassing if both of them will get an egg come Oscar nomination morning. #ihopenot

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

JLO (and Rob Pattinson) feature in an “Actors on Actors” interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXDWnTvvYLk 

“actors only go method when they’re playing assholes”

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

THR1

THR2

Renée is stunning.

Participant
    Topics:

If voters want Dern to win her category ScarJo and JLO can’t both get in.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

If voters want Dern to win her category ScarJo and JLO can’t both get in.

Why is that? I think ScarJo actually stands a chance at winning Supporting Actress (greater than her chance at Actress), but I’m curious as to why you think JLO would hurt her.

Something about Dern’s performance doesn’t feel winning to me. If it wasn’t for the fact she was insanely connected I wouldn’t guess she was winning.

My personal Top 5 of 2019 so far:
    1) Parasite 2) The Farewell 3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4) The Irishman 5) Knives Out

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

After some info I’ve found out about Bombshell, I fear there’s no option but for JLo to get nominated. There’s Dern, Robbie, maybe Pugh. Then there’s chaos. Each contender is falling day by day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I still have JLO missing for Streep (idk why but I have the feeling Globes will nominate her for the effing Laundromat and I tell myself year after year never exclude Streep).

My personal Top 5 of 2019 so far:
    1) Parasite 2) The Farewell 3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4) The Irishman 5) Knives Out

Participant
    Topics:

Why is that? I think ScarJo actually stands a chance at winning Supporting Actress (greater than her chance at Actress), but I’m curious as to why you think JLO would hurt her.

Something about Dern’s performance doesn’t feel winning to me. If it wasn’t for the fact she was insanely connected I wouldn’t guess she was winning.

I suspect JLO has the charm, sex appeal, and star factor to garner voters away from overdue Laura. And ScarJo would be getting a consolation for losing actress if she were nominated and won.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

Laura Dern got in for Wild which was totally out of left field. So if Laura Dern looses it’s not because of Jennifer Lopez or even Scarlet Johansson, it’s because her performance in Marriage Story isn’t Oscar worthy. But she’ll be nominated because she’s Laura Dern.

cinetastic
    Participant
    Topics:

Can I ask why you preferred Moss? Cause I don’t think Moss’ performance was even close to being as good as Lupita’s. I’d say that I liked Winston Duke better than Moss.

I found her performance so daring. Especially, after her character’s tethered version appeared. It really made me feel uneasy. More than Lupita’s character did.

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a great performance and it would likely be a career win, not necessarily her career-best performance. Which I feel like is pretty common especially in this category. She has built up an incredible career and I think she deserves, I don’t want to think she is only winning because of her connections.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Renée is stunning.

She is. It’s one of the two outfits I would wear, rather than running away from ballet costumes, car seat covers, and fru fru sleeves.

jmho

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.