Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 488 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
M: The Original
GregSprinkles
  • Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

JLO (and Rob Pattinson) feature in an “Actors on Actors” interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXDWnTvvYLk 

“actors only go method when they’re playing assholes”

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

THR1

THR2

Renée is stunning.

Profile picture
    Topics:

If voters want Dern to win her category ScarJo and JLO can’t both get in.

Profile picture
    Nikhil
    Topics:

If voters want Dern to win her category ScarJo and JLO can’t both get in.

Why is that? I think ScarJo actually stands a chance at winning Supporting Actress (greater than her chance at Actress), but I’m curious as to why you think JLO would hurt her.

Something about Dern’s performance doesn’t feel winning to me. If it wasn’t for the fact she was insanely connected I wouldn’t guess she was winning.

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

Profile picture
    Nikhil
    Topics:

After some info I’ve found out about Bombshell, I fear there’s no option but for JLo to get nominated. There’s Dern, Robbie, maybe Pugh. Then there’s chaos. Each contender is falling day by day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I still have JLO missing for Streep (idk why but I have the feeling Globes will nominate her for the effing Laundromat and I tell myself year after year never exclude Streep).

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

Profile picture
    Topics:

Why is that? I think ScarJo actually stands a chance at winning Supporting Actress (greater than her chance at Actress), but I’m curious as to why you think JLO would hurt her.

Something about Dern’s performance doesn’t feel winning to me. If it wasn’t for the fact she was insanely connected I wouldn’t guess she was winning.

I suspect JLO has the charm, sex appeal, and star factor to garner voters away from overdue Laura. And ScarJo would be getting a consolation for losing actress if she were nominated and won.

Profile picture
    MoonlightTommy
    Topics:

Laura Dern got in for Wild which was totally out of left field. So if Laura Dern looses it’s not because of Jennifer Lopez or even Scarlet Johansson, it’s because her performance in Marriage Story isn’t Oscar worthy. But she’ll be nominated because she’s Laura Dern.

Profile picture
    cinetastic
    Topics:

Can I ask why you preferred Moss? Cause I don’t think Moss’ performance was even close to being as good as Lupita’s. I’d say that I liked Winston Duke better than Moss.

I found her performance so daring. Especially, after her character’s tethered version appeared. It really made me feel uneasy. More than Lupita’s character did.

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

It’s a great performance and it would likely be a career win, not necessarily her career-best performance. Which I feel like is pretty common especially in this category. She has built up an incredible career and I think she deserves, I don’t want to think she is only winning because of her connections.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Renée is stunning.

She is. It’s one of the two outfits I would wear, rather than running away from ballet costumes, car seat covers, and fru fru sleeves.

jmho

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I know she has no chance at all, but I love Da’Vine Joy Randolph as Lady Reed in Dolemite is my Name. I’ll be glad if she gets in

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

My top 5 favourites in this category:

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

My top 5 favourites in this category:

The taste jumped out!! I stan this list.

Profile picture
    Kira
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”></p>

Profile picture
    Gwen Gentry
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2019/11/bombshell-jay-roach-charles-randolph-charlize-theron-roger-ailes-sexual-harassment-movie-1202786999/

Apparently Robbie has the most shocking harassing scene in Bombshell. Can she manage to truly hurt Dern’s chances? (I hope not, even if I like Margot, but she’ll have sooo many opportunities in the future to get her deserved statuette, and I’m not so sure about it regarding Dern, though).

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.