Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 498 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +36 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

We would have had two-time winner Rachel Weisz by now 😭. The trauma to my prediction score is coming back.

I’d like to think Richard E Grant and maybe Christian Bale would have won as well, BAFTA truly made some iconic choices pre-mid 2000’s until they started copying GG+SAG’s homework lol

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

critics picks are now predictable? I remember y’all saying Aparicio would be the critics darling and that Gaga wouldn’t win anything in the critics circle.

Gaga…didnt win anything substantial though so not sure why you thought that was a serve. ASIB wasn’t embraced by big critics at all. Besides Aparicio, we were also predicting Olivia Colman to be a critics pick (which she winded up being). If critics already see you soon a lock for an Oscar nom, they feel less inclined to reward you unless you give an undeniable performance.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

oh wow they got 3 amy Adam victims in a row who all hit the precursors and missed Oscar morning.

AMERICAN CINEMATHEQUE
    AWARD HONOREES
    Charlize Theron 2019

Bradley Cooper 2018 – Missed Director

Amy Adams 2017 – Missed Actress

Ridley Scott 2016 – Missed Director

Bombshell misses BP then. Or Robbie gets in for OUIH instead.

Icecreamben
    Participant
    Topics:

This Queen here can’t wait to watch messy Johansson snatch that Oscar from that tragic Judy impression.  I’ve seen Drag Queens in Jersey do a better job.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Personal top 5 of the year so far:

HM: Naomi Watts – Luce, Octavia Spencer – Ma, Kaitlyn Dever and Beanie Feldstein – Booksmart

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Same thing with Johansson, Zellweger and Theron are everywhere campaigning.

This is my main issue with everyone thinking that Johansson is such a lock. She can’t get nominated if she doesn’t campaign, but if she’s out in the public campaigning, then she’s going to say something stupid that’s just going to tarnish her reputation more. I mean her publicist must be having a meltdown.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

This Queen here can’t wait to watch messy Johansson snatch that Oscar from that tragic Judy impression. I’ve seen Drag Queens in Jersey do a better job.

Charlize will win. She’s actually spot on not like Zellweger.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

This Queen here can’t wait to watch messy Johansson snatch that Oscar from that tragic Judy impression. I’ve seen Drag Queens in Jersey do a better job.

It’s not about the impression, but okay.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s my top 5 so far:

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

@dennis El Mar, I find your posts insightful! But I admittedly do not recognize some of the actors and actresses in your gifs/images and would like to know what they are!

Icecreamben
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not about the impression, but okay.

What is it about then? Because all I saw was another bad impression, Oscar bait, biopic about a singer being played by an actor who can’t sing.  This year’s Rami Malek just without all the mega buzz.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

@dennis El Mar, I find your posts insightful! But I admittedly do not recognize some of the actors and actresses in your gifs/images and would like to know what they are!

Mary Kay Place – Diane

Elisabeth Moss – Her Smell

Zhao Tao – Ash is Purest White

Adèle Haenel – Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Paula Beer – Transit

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hate how the Globes is always first, I feel like we’d have more iconic winners if SAG was first… sigh.

SAG can still go their own way after the Globes. It’s the sheep mentality that’s killing all the surprises we wish for. SAG clearly had the right to reward Cooper or Grant, but they still went with the Globes options. BAFTA is the only one that usually made different choices in their early years, but they’ve turned to an Oscar prediction centre in line with the others in recent years. Shame

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m becoming more and more convinced that Renee is going to take this. There are some minuses but more pluses in her favor.
    Bombshell is largely unknown atm so I’m leaving room for Charlize. But right now I think Renee is going to win.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Harriet is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. The sad thing is that I could see Ervio doing well in previous years simply based on the ACTING! and the IMPORTANCE! of it all. The narrative device they use makes Harriet look insane. You can see Ervio trying so hard in every scene. It’s a pretty sad thing to see.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.