Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 498 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +36 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m becoming more and more convinced that Renee is going to take this. There are some minuses but more pluses in her favor. Bombshell is largely unknown atm so I’m leaving room for Charlize. But right now I think Renee is going to win.

I think the ultimate bonus for Renee is (sadly) there is no Olivia Colman this time, who in hindsight actually had every advantage going for her (showy performance, widely-nominated best picture, British – European bloc block, her film’s representative as well as only winning aspect, British historical figure which the Academy often go nuts about). Chalize could threaten, but she doesn’t check some of Olivia Colman’s boxes, and I’m actually less confident in her, which is sad…

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the ultimate bonus for Renee is (sadly) there is no Olivia Colman this time, who in hindsight actually had every advantage going for her (showy performance, widely-nominated best picture, British – European bloc block, her film’s representative as well as only winning aspect, British historical figure which the Academy often go nuts about). Chalize could threaten, but she doesn’t check some of Olivia Colman’s boxes, and I’m actually less confident in her, which is sad…

Oops I forgot Ronan can be that but her film’s late release will deffo hurt her chance.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

yes those are some of the minuses I was thinking of. I disagree about your reasoning ‘re why Colman win, but overall my choice is Renee. She’s got the accolades and the perf as well as the narrative to take it.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

PreludeinCSharpMinor
    Participant
    Topics:

Woodard. Just watch.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want you all to know that this pic of two dream Best Actress nominees cleared my skin and cured my depression:

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Personal choices for what I’ve seen so far this year:

null
    null
    null
    null
    null

Honorable Mentions: Park So-dam, Kaitlyn Dever, Jessie Buckley, Julianne Moore, Cynthia Erivo

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

Personal choices for what I’ve seen so far this year:

The taste jumped out!! I stan you.

Bradley Jackson
    Participant
    Topics:

I got to see Clemency (yes, indeed, I should at least blow my friend who is a film journalist for all the screeners he’s provided me with) and Woodard is just breathtaking. She’s getting nominated, and she’s starting from the Golden Globes, where the voters actually watch everything including flops. I’ve read all these Erivo predictions.. nope, she’s not happening.. anywhere.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

For the last time

Kord, who do you think will be nominated for BA? From reading your list, it seems like no one is getting nominated in BA this year..

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

For some reason I don’t see ScarJo winning and it’s true Megyn Kelly isn’t really an oscar winning role. Ultimately Renée is probably taking it.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Megyn Kelly “isn’t an Oscar winning role.” Yet many pundits predict she’ll take it.

Erick Kohn from indie wire and Anne Thompson said on their last podcast. “Renee isn’t the frontrunner anymore, it’s Charlize.”

Whether it happens or not is a different story but the PERFORMANCE is there.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Megyn Kelly “isn’t an Oscar winning role.” Yet many pundits predict she’ll take it.

Erick Kohn from indie wire and Anne Thompson said on their last podcast. “Renee isn’t the frontrunner anymore, it’s Charlize.”

Whether it happens or not is a different story but the PERFORMANCE is there.

Are we supposed to care about what pundits think? Like we are making her OWN predictions.

And weren’t you dragging pundits for predicting JLo? But when it comes to predicting your fav you take their words as gospel? Hum.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Are we supposed to care about what pundits think? Like we are making her OWN predictions.

And weren’t you dragging pundits for predicting JLo? But it comes to predicting your fav you take their words as gospel? Hum.

I follow the smart pundits who have been doing this for years and know what they’re talking about.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Renée peaked too early a la Glenn Close but if she can take the Globe no one is beating her since Comedy winner is likely to be Awkwafina. Had Bombshell was in Comedy and Charlize won there then we’d have a two-horse race but right now whoever takes the Drama Globe will end up being the winner. I think ScarJo is the most likely to take the Globe and then sweep the rest of the season but we’ll see.

Bradley Jackson
    Participant
    Topics:

Theron does nothing in Bombshell. Who needs to win an Oscar is the make-up team, not her. Apart from that, she just mimics Kelly’s voice relatively successfully but that’s it. Nomination is more than enough. Zellweger is winning.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.