Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 482 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Bradley Jackson
    Topics:

Theron does nothing in Bombshell. Who needs to win an Oscar is the make-up team, not her. Apart from that, she just mimics Kelly’s voice relatively successfully but that’s it. Nomination is more than enough. Zellweger is winning.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The more I hear about Zellweger and Theron, the more I’m convinced that Johansson will win.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Theron does nothing in Bombshell. Who needs to win an Oscar is the make-up team, not her. Apart from that, she just mimics Kelly’s voice relatively successfully but that’s it. Nomination is more than enough. Zellweger is winning.

😂Never trust a user with a picture of Reese Witherspoon in what is her worst performance to date.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Keep underestimating Isabela Moner. She’s snatching that Comedy Globe out of Awkwafina’s hands and then she’s sweeping.

null

Dora the Explorer? OK then.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by vinny.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by vinny.
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

Keep underestimating Isabela Moner. She’s snatching that Comedy Globe out of Awkwafina’s hands and then she’s sweeping.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Dora will become an Oscar winning role. You better start digesting it.

Do you mean that it’s too hard to swallow?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

The more I hear about Zellweger and Theron, the more I’m convinced that Johansson will win.

I thought the same from the beginning and am keeping her in M S. But now I’m full of doubts and feel more confident about Renee.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Johansson is not winning lol.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

The amount of people underestimating Awkwafina’s chances at scoring a nom is crazy to me. I think The Farewell is going to play big with Oscar voters… and already has with screenings.

I think she’s in and Renee (in the lead to win) is in.

2 out of these 3 (Charlize, Saoirse, Scarlet) will be nom’d and one will be snubbed.

Either Alfre Woodard or Cynthia Erivo is getting that 5th slot… my money is on Alfre… a legend who hasn’t got her due in the industry (assuming the performance is there). I would love Lupita to show up, but it’s not happening.

I think Cynthia’s hardcore campaigning might just pay off with an Original Song nom.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Aileen Wuornos wasn’t the most relevant person to play and win an Oscar for, but the performance was somehow as natural as honest. She clearly wanted to be taken seriously as an actress considering the fact that she was a bombshell. Now with Megyn, all I am seeing is awards recognition. She clearly played that role with that intention of getting nominated for awards and probably win. I adore Charlize Theron, but it’s so obvious that she’s thirsty for awards. Moreover a character like Aileen Wuornos is always more interesting to play than a Megyn Kelly.

She wasn’t even going to play the role at first, or so she claims. It’s obvious to me that she undertook this project as a producer to tell an important story about sexual abuse at Fox News a year before the 2020 election. I don’t think she was thinking awards and she herself has said the Oscar buzz surprised her.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

No chance Huppert gets in for Frankie, huh?

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

First they say Megyn is not an Oscar winning role and it’ll never get recognition and now they say Charlize Theron took it to get awards and OScar buzzz😂😂.
    The level of contradiction.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Victor Cruz.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Victor Cruz.
    Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

The amount of people underestimating Awkwafina’s chances at scoring a nom is crazy to me. I think The Farewell is going to play big with Oscar voters… and already has with screenings.

I think she’s in and Renee (in the lead to win) is in.

2 out of these 3 (Charlize, Saoirse, Scarlet) will be nom’d and one will be snubbed.

Either Alfre Woodard or Cynthia Erivo is getting that 5th slot… my money is on Alfre… a legend who hasn’t got her due in the industry (assuming the performance is there). I would love Lupita to show up, but it’s not happening.

I think Cynthia’s hardcore campaigning might just pay off with an Original Song nom.

The Farewell has multiple things to overcome including voter resistance to Asian acting nominees.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.