Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 482 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I don’t think Awkwafina is a sure thing.

If she wins the Comedy globe she is. And I don’t see what her competition would be. Maybe one of the Booksmart ladies? But they’d probably cancel each other out.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Saoirse Ronan and Cynthia Erivo are probably not going to get nominated. I haven’t seen enough fanfare about either of their performances. As of right now, I think Awkwafina and Lupita Nyong’o are more likely because I think they’re locks for a nomination for the Golden Globes and at SAG.

I’m not sure why people are saying Saoirse Ronan isn’t a lock. She got just as many raves as Theron did in her early reactions, maybe more actually (come at me Victor Cruz), and she’s starting in a Picture contender and one of the biggest Oscar contenders of the year in terms of raw nomination power. Plus, every year since Attonment that she’s had a great performance in a Picture nominee, she’s made it in. I think this forum is just really biased against her.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Nah, throughout the years, Saoirse Ronan has been vehemently adored. I don’t think she’s a lock either even though I’m predicting her for a nod. Jo March is not an undeniable role and she could become the Amy Adams of the season where everyone thinks she has that 4th slot on lock despite not winning anything and then she suddenly missed due to a passion vote.

Also, in Theron’s defense, she has that transformation angle working for her that Ronan doesn’t have.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

LOL the forum is biased against Ronan now? What kinda trying it! Ronan isnt winning anything this year. She has no narrative and her film isnt going to win BP. She is the perfect sort of fodder that gets predicted all year and shows up at all the precursors, just to end up getting snubbed at the finish line by a more passionate fave. Calling her a lock is delusional.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I wouldn’t go so far as to call Saoirse a lock, but I’d say she’s pretty safe. More safe than Zellweger or Awkwafina at least. The Academy likes her a lot, and she hasn’t missed for a Best Picture contender yet. And the Adams argument doesn’t work for her because Little Women is an actors’ movie, while Arrival was much more a techy movie where voters may have been too focused on the story and tech aspects of it to really appreciate the true gravitas and power of Adams’ performance. This isn’t the case with Little Women; it seems like it’ll be a more performance-driven movie that puts the actors at the forefront.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

LOL the forum is biased against Ronan now? What kinda trying it! Ronan isnt winning anything this year. She has no narrative and her film isnt going to win BP. She is the perfect sort of fodder that gets predicted all year and shows up at all the precursors, just to end up getting snubbed at the finish line by a more passionate fave. Calling her a lock is delusional.

I don’t get you. I don’t want Ronan to be nominated, but she never misses after hitting major precursors

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Aint no way in hell is Saoirse more safe than Renee Zellweger. Stop that. There’s a reason why only Winona Ryder got the nomination for playing Jo March out of all of the adaptations (she was front and center) and even she missed precursors before the nom. At least Ronan won some major critics with Lady Bird and Brooklyn, something she won’t do with Little Women.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

farewell

tHe fArEWelL haS nO bUzZ!

Legend Awkwafina graces the cover of LATimes The Envelope first issue of the season.

also Pain and Glory got a huge spread!

Profile picture
    Joe Burns
    Topics:

They should just give it to Olivia Colman and these two women and ignore this uninspiring list of contenders all together.

null

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Wottice going on

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Seven.
    • This reply was modified 9 months ago by Seven.
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Oscarfina is happening.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

If Scarjo is nominated in both categories, couldn’t that hurt her chances? If she gets some surprise Jojo votes, those same voters likely won’t also vote for her for MS.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

If Scarjo is nominated in both categories, couldn’t that hurt her chances? If she gets some surprise Jojo votes, those same voters likely won’t also vote for her for MS.

It won’t hurt her in the long run, since she’ll join that elusive club of double nominees like Lange and Sigourney.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darling, no. There’s no way she can win for Jojo Rubbish (she will be nommed though) but she’s the frontrunner for Marriage Story, as it’s going to be the most powerful performance out of the two. My dear citizens and haters, Divorcing’s vagina is getting a satisfying golden dildo.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

tHe fArEWelL haS nO bUzZ!

Oh god, I’m going to have to stare down the face of that barrel forever aren’t I?

I will admit I was wrong about The Farewell having no buzz, but it still won’t be nominated for Picture, Screenplay, or Supporting Actress. Just Actress.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.