Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 497 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

Margot Robbie out acted Saoirse Ronan in Mary Queen of Scots. Robbie with her little screen time stole the show and that’s why she was able to hit some precursors

Lol no. Margot is so overrated. She only got nommed for precursors because BSA was super weak last year.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Margot Robbie out acted Saoirse Ronan in Mary Queen of Scots. Robbie with her little screen time stole the show and that’s why she was able to hit some precursors

But Robbie was also derailed by the pathetic direction and in no way resembled the queen she was playing. They had her walking around with small pox getting advice from someone . Both of them were good despite the Irish accent but I can’t believe i spent a total of 3 hrs return trip to see this. It’s time I’ll never get back.
    The MVP were the costumes, even though they were from different centuries.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  teri.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  teri.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/InStyle/status/1194238612147191810?s=20

She is coming.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol no. Margot is so overrated. She only got nommed for precursors because BSA was super weak last year.

Well, she got in at SAG and BAFTAs over the actual frontrunner and eventual winner so there must have been some kind of passion for her

Idc care about that performance tho. I hate generic Oscar-bait period pieces like MQOS so I’m glad it went nowhere

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

But Robbie was also derailed by the pathetic direction and in no way resembled the queen she was playing. They had her walking around with small pox getting advice from someone . Both of them were good despite the Irish accent but I can’t believe i spent a total of 3 hrs return trip to see this. It’s time I’ll never get back. The MVP were the costumes, even though they were from different centuries.

the costumes were great, but I think it should have won best make up and hair. They did a great job on Robbie’s transformation. Ronan’s hair was cool too

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Margot Robbie isn’t overrated on any way. She’s someone who should have had three nominations and a win by now. Nominations for The Wolf of Wall Street and Mary Queen of Scots. Win for I, Tonya.

She got precursor love last season because she so deserved it. Robbie, Foy and Blunt all deserved the Oscar over Amy Adams, Marina De Tavira and Regina King.

FYC
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker

Best actress :
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor

Supporting Actress =
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, she got in at SAG and BAFTAs over the actual frontrunner and eventual winner so there must have been some kind of passion for her Idc care about that performance tho. I hate generic Oscar-bait period pieces like MQOS so I’m glad it went nowhere

I don’t like typical Oscar bait films too and that is why I want to see Hustlers and Queen & Slim happen this time

FYC
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker

Best actress :
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor

Supporting Actress =
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

Idc care about that performance tho. I hate generic Oscar-bait period pieces like MQOS so I’m glad it went nowhere

I’m glad it went nowhere too. I think Margot was nominated for SAG and BAFTA because those groups were never gonna nominate Regina King, so there was space for Margot as a namecheck, not necessarily passion for her Oscar-bait performance.

Margot Robbie isn’t overrated on any way. She’s someone who should have had three nominations and a win by now. Nominations for The Wolf of Wall Street and Mary Queen of Scots. Win for I, Tonya.

No.. Margot deserves 0 nominations. Her I, Tonya performance was also overrated imo.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

No.. Margot deserves 0 nominations. Her I, Tonya performance was also overrated imo.

are you serious???

FYC
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker

Best actress :
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor

Supporting Actress =
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

are you serious???

I am honey. And, um, how can you call Olivia Colman overrated in The Favourite but be shocked when Margot Robbie and Lady Gaga in A Star Is Born are called overrated? You gotta take what you dish out, babe.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay, what we not gonna do is drag Margot’s marvellous performance in I, Tonya. This scene alone >>> the other contenders that year.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I am honey. And, um, how can you call Olivia Colman overrated in The Favourite but be shocked when Margot Robbie and Lady Gaga in A Star Is Born are called overrated? You gotta take what you dish out, babe.

don’t remind me the painful Gaga snub. Both Gaga and Robbie gave Oscar worthy performances and should have won.

As for supporting Colman (Thatcher inspired), she’s really overrated and everyone agrees with me

FYC
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker

Best actress :
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor

Supporting Actress =
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay, what we not gonna do is drag Margot’s marvellous performance in I, Tonya. This scene alone >>> the other contenders that year.

I’m doing it, babe. I’m going to drag that performance. In that scene, she is very conscious of the camera. She’s making it quite obvious that she is acting. It doesn’t feel like a natural performance at all.

I just think her performance in I, Tonya is not that good and overrated. It’s only my opinion..

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

don’t remind me the painful Gaga snub. Both Gaga and Robbie gave Oscar worthy performances and should have won. As for supporting Colman (Thatcher inspired), she’s really overrated and everyone agrees with me

Gaga should have won over Colman? Honey, no..

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga should have won.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.