Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 482 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I mean, it’s literally the only major release this week to be profitable. Every other release this week (Dark Fate, Motherless Brooklyn, Arctic Dogs, and The Irishman would have bombed if Netflix didn’t pay for it) is a flop.

I’m just being cautious. lol. It’s only been a few days.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

People are very reactionary to things in the moment. Though Harriet’s box office is good, I still see Erivo as being that GG+SAG snubee. Yes, she’s playing Harriet Tubman but David Oyelowo was playing MLK in a stronger picture and still missed out in quite a competitive field. Best Actress is a bit weaker than that this year buttttt Cynthia Erivo is not the passion type of nominee especially for something like Harriet Tubman that’s not going to be winning with the way film’s reviews are. She would be filler, which would invite a passion nom to come through. She won’t win any critics, she’ll make regionals here and there but won’t win any of them. She’d also be in danger of being a sole nominee for that.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

If the critics start praising her to the skies and the box office doesn’t take a bigger than usual dive I’ll reconsider.

Profile picture
    Nikhil
    Topics:

I feel like this category is easy.
    Zellweger
    Theron
    Johannson
    Erivo
    Ronan
    Alt: Awkwafina

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

I feel far more confident in Awkwafina’s inclusion. A lot more than originally. Iv e always had her in my predix and now she’s going to stay there. Win it for your great work, and win it for Oberon and Kikuchi.

Zhang Ziyi too. Hollywood still has a lot of work to do in order to fix its diversity issue. I hope Awkwafina gets nominated. She and the film absolutely deserve recognition.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Honestly, I’ll be surprised if Saoirse makes it. I think is either Theron or her.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Why are people underestimating Ronan. her raves have been just as strong as Theron based on the early reactions for both films. And she’s become a huge favorite with the academy, usually earning nominations if she’s in a successful film that gets nominated for Picture (Atonement, Brooklyn, Lady Bird) which Little Women will be. I think she’s just as much of a lock as Theron, Johansson, and Zellweger, and only the 5th slot is truly up for grabs (though probably Awkwafina’s thanks to the Globes).

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Slay me, Queen Helen

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I don’t think Helen needs to worry about Catherine the Great hurting her chances.
    But as a word of caution to those who say this is a plus I suggest you rethink that.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

People are very reactionary to things in the moment. Though Harriet’s box office is good, I still see Erivo as being that GG+SAG snubee. Yes, she’s playing Harriet Tubman but David Oyelowo was playing MLK in a stronger picture and still missed out in quite a competitive field. Best Actress is a bit weaker than that this year buttttt Cynthia Erivo is not the passion type of nominee especially for something like Harriet Tubman that’s not going to be winning with the way film’s reviews are. She would be filler, which would invite a passion nom to come through. She won’t win any critics, she’ll make regionals here and there but won’t win any of them. She’d also be in danger of being a sole nominee for that.

Agreed. She was always going to hit some precursors and this strengthens that case. But I dont see her crossing the finish line at the end.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Why are people underestimating Ronan. her raves have been just as strong as Theron based on the early reactions for both films. And she’s become a huge favorite with the academy, usually earning nominations if she’s in a successful film that gets nominated for Picture (Atonement, Brooklyn, Lady Bird) which Little Women will be. I think she’s just as much of a lock as Theron, Johansson, and Zellweger, and only the 5th slot is truly up for grabs (though probably Awkwafina’s thanks to the Globes).

Not sure. Personal bias? They know something we don’t?
    puzzling.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

For Best Actress
    2015: 1 nominee in BP contender

2016: 2 nominees in BP contenders

2017: 1 nominee in BP contender

2018: 4 nominees in BP contenders

2019: 3 nominees in BP contenders

Granted, Ronan has done it twice in this period, but with so many different roles I think the most likely for the nomination and BP potential race are CT and SJ. Then there’s RZ, considered the biggest lock without the push from her movie. The other 2 cannot be guaranteed just yet, but the Globes will help clarify the matter.
    If anything being nominated along with your movie may lead you to the win, as evidenced in the last four years.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, Cheap Beyoncé may be sadly happening at the Globes over Awkwardfina and Thatcher will not be okay with that.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Salsa Club
    Topics:

List of actresses not happening at the Oscars:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.