Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 497 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • Kord
    Spectator
    Topics:

Charlize Theron is winning the GG and SAG, that’s is what I have been told. I’m sure about the GG since I have the confirmation, so I assume she’s winning the SAG since Renée won’t win a third lead actress trophy.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, the actual ranking is: Supporting > Gaga > McSerious > Aparicia > Bore.

you tried a lot. I thought you’d place Gaga at the bottom

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

First of all, I’m really sorry about my post the other day. The Farewell isn’t the best picture of the year, but it’s nowhere the worst.

Then I’m sorry about Akwafina and the way I treated her. I present my sincere apologies to y’all.

After I watched the roundtable, I’m officially rooting for Lupita and Akwafina, I want both to get nominated. Akwafina is so humble and really charismatic, her narrative is very important/interesting and this is the kind of story we should celebrate.

Thank you for having me back. I will not disappointed again ❤️.

A Kiiiiiii

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

They did a not bad job of the small pox pustules, but if she’s walking around that’s not what they look like at that stage. The director’s hugest mistake is that she forgot who her target audience was. Take away Ronan and Robbie fans, and what you’ve got is a viewership of people interest in history, and there was no evidence of that on the screen. And it’s a worrisome thing to see Ronan snubbed in favor of Robbie, who received those citations for reasons unrelated to her performance.

yeah. I heard the script didn’t follow the history. I think it’s a fictional tale of Mary and Elizabeth. Both Ronan and Robbie did well, but Robbie was better and deserved the little love she got

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Exactly! Even if she wins, she’ll struggle. It’ll not be a clean sweep like everyone thinks. Look at Meryl Streep in the Iron Lady, transformative performance, but her movie wasn’t liked. Viola Davis gave her serious competition for a much beloved film. Marion Cotillard in La Vie En Rose also transformative performance but was challenged by Julie Christie in Away From Her a much quieter/subtle performance, but overall much beloved story.

Renee is even weaker than these two. Her movie has earned less money and will not win Hair and Makeup like La Vie En Rose and The Iron Lady.

Listen, the box office isn’t rly comparable. I’m surprised Judy made such money. But thing is Judy isn’t getting any more noms either. Costume Design, Production Design, Makeup, Cinematography are decent contenders but they’ll all miss. Ik uve seen Theron, but if Theron proves lackluster to the general audience, only then Renée is winning. Regardless SAG loves Bombshell, so Theron may be a threat there whether she loses Globe or not. If Renée wins Globe, BAFTA and CC are hers for sure.

Milk Money
    Participant
    Topics:

Still say Scarlett’s winning this if Renée and Charlize are her main competitors. Netflix is gonna go all out with campaigning for MS.

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

Charlize Theron is winning the GG and SAG, that’s is what I have been told. I’m sure about the GG since I have the confirmation,

lmaooooooooo wtfffff « I have the confirmation »

from who?? Your other 1000 accounts on GoldDerby??

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I suspect he had his antennae pointed towards the dwarf planet Pluto and received some radio signals.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Kord
    Spectator
    Topics:

lmaooooooooo wtfffff « I have the confirmation » from who?? Your other 1000 accounts on GoldDerby??

You’ll be surprised, if you only knew.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

yeah. I heard the script didn’t follow the history. I think it’s a fictional tale of Mary and Elizabeth. Both Ronan and Robbie did well, but Robbie was better and deserved the little love she got

it was far worse than that Tony. Do you actually believe that Bess of Hardwick was an Asian beauty in her twenties?
    And no, Robbie wasn’t “better” than Ronan. Reality was incidental to this director, and Ronan at least did her best. Let’s just agree to disagree.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  teri.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  teri.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Kord
    Spectator
    Topics:

I wish Renée could go C/M so she secures a win on GG night, because Theron is so taking that Drama Globe. I’m a big fan of Renée and I’m on the team “she deserved BA in 2003”, but unfortunately I will not root for her as I perfectly know she will not win the Globe.
    As for Charlize, estoy feliz por ella, ya puede escribir su discurso de gracias por la noche de los Globos de Oro.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Still say Scarlett’s winning this if Renée and Charlize are her main competitors. Netflix is gonna go all out with campaigning for MS.

Lady Gaga says hi. She failed to buy herself the Globe. Johansson is not winning, she’ll suffice to the nod and the change of her title from GG to Oscar nominee.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s difficult for me to picture Scarlett winning the Globe over Renée and Charlize. I’m starting to think that maybe Charlize is second in the race, especially if SAG embraces Bombshell.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish Renée could go C/M so she secures a win on GG night, because Theron is so taking that Drama Globe. I’m a big fan of Renée and I’m on the team “she deserved BA in 2003”, but unfortunately I will not root for her as I perfectly know she will not win the Globe.
    As for Charlize, estoy feliz por ella, ya puede escribir su discurso de gracias por la noche de los Globos de Oro.

LOL. Who told you that?

Kord
    Spectator
    Topics:

LOL. Who told you that?

DM me.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.