Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 483 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +14 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

It’ll be more like pig blood than tea.

Why do you say that? She was one of the only ones giving me hope for a Colman upset.

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

You want to highlight it even more because they did the impossible. For a movie like that to win Best Picture it shows their power.

Can you be more specific by what you mean by “a movie like that”? Because it was reviled by GD?
    Crash had many assets and talent in its’ favour, and it wasn’t surprising that it won .

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Edgar Pereira
    Participant
    Topics:

I think people are underestimating Alfre Woodard for CLEMENCY. I know Neon is not arranging a big campaign for her, but still… She’s respected, the performance is raved and the category needs some veteran blood I would say. Plus, maybe not campaigning her is the campaign… I know it sounds foolish but not seeing a proper campaign for her might earn her critics votes and SAG support from her peers so she can get visibility (which might work for an actress of her status).

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I think people are underestimating Alfre Woodard for CLEMENCY. I know Neon is not arranging a big campaign for her, but still… She’s respected, the performance is raved and the category needs some veteran blood I would say. Plus, maybe not campaigning her is the campaign… I know it sounds foolish but not seeing a proper campaign for her might earn her critics votes and SAG support from her peers so she can get visibility (which might work for an actress of her status).

Unfortunately without a campaign and without the movie being released yet she doesn’t stand much of a chance at this point. Even if all the critics start backing her… there’s no buzz right now (or little compared to other contenders). If someone like Ethan Hawke couldn’t get in last year (with so many critics standing behind him) with a film that was little seen, then I doubt Alfre stands much of a chance unless she starts campaigning hard.

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

They denied her before for Tomei.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Listen, the box office isn’t rly comparable. I’m surprised Judy made such money. But thing is Judy isn’t getting any more noms either. Costume Design, Production Design, Makeup, Cinematography are decent contenders but they’ll all miss. Ik uve seen Theron, but if Theron proves lackluster to the general audience, only then Renée is winning. Regardless SAG loves Bombshell, so Theron may be a threat there whether she loses Globe or not. If Renée wins Globe, BAFTA and CC are hers for sure.

same SAG loved A Star is Born that they give it 4 nominations including a surprising ensemble nod and still failed to give it a win. Those people has sheep mentality too. If Renée wins GG, SAG is hers.

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

same SAG loved A Star is Born that they give it 4 nominations including a surprising ensemble nod and still failed to give it a win. Those people has sheep mentality too. If Renée wins GG, SAG is hers.

Adults used to casually mention to me that most people are sheep and I always felt compelled to defend my fellow man. Now I’m allergic to wool.
    I don’t think Renee needs to won SAG. GG is likely the crucial one.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do you say that? She was one of the only ones giving me hope for a Colman upset.

I was just joking around about Sasha’ s fierce nature. Have you ever noticed anyone successful at trying to intimidate her? I think I just misinterpreted your meaning, as I was saying she would be fiercer about the support she gave.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Adults used to casually mention to me that most people are sheep and I always felt compelled to defend my fellow man. Now I’m allergic to wool. I don’t think Renee needs to won SAG. GG is likely the crucial one.

I think Bombshell would go comedy. Little Women too. We can have Renée and Charlize as winners at the GGs

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Okay, this whole “Little Women should go comedy” argument is ridiculous. LW never was a comedy, isn’t one and will never be one. Period. End of the sentence.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m surprised that Bombshell went Drama, the trailer makes it come off as a comedy.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay, this whole “Little Women should go comedy” argument is ridiculous. LW never was a comedy, isn’t one and will never be one. Period. End of the sentence.

I guess people say that because of Lady Bird lol.

Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, one could argue the source material is a comedy of manners, so I don’t believe it would be out of place in Comedy.

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

I was just joking around about Sasha’ s fierce nature. Have you ever noticed anyone successful at trying to intimidate her? I think I just misinterpreted your meaning, as I was saying she would be fiercer about the support she gave.

I could be totally off-base but I do trust her industry insight as she was making cogent arguments for Colman when she was seen as incredibly unlikely. She did constantly flip-flop on whether WTSU or Chernobyl would sweep, but she’s gotten enough right for me to appreciate her. Since I feel so in the dark about who’s truly capable of taking it all the way right now, I want some of that same insight; the last thing I remember her saying is that people in the industry were calling Renée a lock for a win and that Alfre likely wouldn’t happen, I wonder if she feels the same way right now.

She was also stanning Mary Kay Place which increased my love for her tenfold, lol.

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I need Sasha back on here to spill tea on this category

She’d just say Alfre is coming and that Renée or ScarJo is winning, disregarding a possible Theron win.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.