Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 482 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

LOL. I’m laughing at all the experts who have Saoirse Ronan so high up for a teenage period movie. I can’t believe some of them even get pay to do this. Who in their right mind sees the Oscar going to Ronan or her having a better chance than Theron, Zellweger and Johansson. Also, Ronan is extremely absent. She isn’t campaigning. The level of delusion is real.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

lol Victor. I agree with about half of what you’re saying but I wouldn’t put it quite that way.

It’s not always wise to dismiss anyone nor any film before we know more. I think it’s greatest strength is that it’s based on the beloved LMA novel. It may not PAN out but who knows?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

Best Actress predictions (mid-Nov): 

1. Scarlett Johansson
    2. Renee Zellweger
    3. Charlize Theron
    4. Awkwafina
    5. Lupita Nyong’o

6. Saoirse Ronan
    7. Alfre Woodard

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Best Actress predictions (mid-Nov):

1. Scarlett Johansson
    2. Renee Zellweger
    3. Charlize Theron
    4. Awkwafina
    5. Lupita Nyong’o

6. Saoirse Ronan
    7. Alfre Woodard

wouldn’t that be something if both Awkwafina and Lupita make top 5.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Okay, this whole “Little Women should go comedy” argument is ridiculous. LW never was a comedy, isn’t one and will never be one. Period. End of the sentence.

Get Out was never a comedy. I, Tonya, The Tourist, August: Osage County, etc weren’t comedies. Little Women has some Lady Bird vibes. I won’t be surprised if it goes comedy.

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

Get Out was never a comedy. I, Tonya, The Tourist, August: Osage County, etc weren’t comedies. Little Women has some Lady Bird vibes. I won’t be surprised if it goes comedy.

Aren’t the globe placements already official?

#FreeTheBannedFour

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Fresh intel: Johansson is winning both Golden Globe and SAG. Many HFPA members think she’s overdue for Globe and want to be the first televised ceremony that made her happen at Oscars. Zellweger is gonna be runner-up at both of those ceremonies but will win BAFTA. Unless Brits decide to go into full sheep mode. Oscar is Johansson’s to lose. Many of the voters find her ‘I don’t give a flying fuck about PC police’ attitude quite refreshing and it’s been ages since babe won this category. Yes, two years are ages for them. 🙄 Theron is gonna be nominated with fighting chance to win (she has her supporters who are still mad about her Mad Max: Fury Road snub) but it truly depends on box office. Box office is gonna be make it or break it for her. Ronan’s gonna be this year’s filler nominee but the same case as Theron. Box office is everything for those two. Also I find it quite amusing how many supporters Saoirse has among Academy members. I have no idea what do they see in her. Either Nora Lum or Alfre Woodard is fifth place. Or both if either Theron or Ronan fails to land nod. If both Theron and Ronan don’t happen (let’s not kid ourselves, so not gonna happen) then Lupita joins Johansson, Zellweger, Lum and Woodard. Alfre’s gonna hit all the right events and parties, mingling with voters. Gurl’s savvy. Erivo is not happening. But she tries. So hard. Almost everyone I talked to found her performance hilarious. She reminded some of them about Penn in All the King’s Men. 😆 That’s all for now. Quick, quote it before they delete it. Always your favorite poster. xoxo

lol. Your login identity is one of the best I’ve seen.
    I quoted ‘fer ya..svg” class=”emoji”

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

LOL. I’m laughing at all the experts who have Saoirse Ronan so high up for a teenage period movie. I can’t believe some of them even get pay to do this. Who in their right mind sees the Oscar going to Ronan or her having a better chance than Theron, Zellweger and Johansson. Also, Ronan is extremely absent. She isn’t campaigning. The level of delusion is real.

I dont understand it either. Doesnt even have the best reviews from the movie. Seems like she plays her typical performance in a movie not as good as Lady Bird. Easily sounds like the shocking oscar morning snub.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Fresh intel: Johansson is winning both Golden Globe and SAG. Many HFPA members think she’s overdue for Globe and want to be the first televised ceremony that made her happen at Oscars. Zellweger is gonna be runner-up at both of those ceremonies but will win BAFTA. Unless Brits decide to go into full sheep mode. Oscar is Johansson’s to lose. Many of the voters find her ‘I don’t give a flying fuck about PC police’ attitude quite refreshing and it’s been ages since babe won this category. Yes, two years are ages for them. 🙄 Theron is gonna be nominated with fighting chance to win (she has her supporters who are still mad about her Mad Max: Fury Road snub) but it truly depends on box office. Box office is gonna be make it or break it for her. Ronan’s gonna be this year’s filler nominee but the same case as Theron. Box office is everything for those two. Also I find it quite amusing how many supporters Saoirse has among Academy members. I have no idea what do they see in her. Either Nora Lum or Alfre Woodard is fifth place. Or both if either Theron or Ronan fails to land nod. If both Theron and Ronan don’t happen (let’s not kid ourselves, so not gonna happen) then Lupita joins Johansson, Zellweger, Lum and Woodard. Alfre’s gonna hit all the right events and parties, mingling with voters. Gurl’s savvy. Erivo is not happening. But she tries. So hard. Almost everyone I talked to found her performance hilarious. She reminded some of them about Penn in All the King’s Men. That’s all for now. Quick, quote it before they delete it. Always your favorite poster. xoxo

I’m going to laugh so hard if Scarlett Johansson wins the globe after everyone in this forum kept saying “Scarlett Johansson won’t win the globe” without providing any analysis on why she won’t win the globe. But yeah, you don’t need a brain to figure out who the frontrunner is in this race..svg” class=”emoji”

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I’m leaning on Scarlett not winning the Globe after watching Marriage Story because I’m not sure if they’ll award a performance that’s the strongest in the first act rather the rest of the movie over a performance about a beloved Hollywood icon. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for her to win (in fact I’m happy either way) but that’s difficult to picture.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, Kristen Stewart is getting some recognition by critic awards for Seberg. Mark my words. Her vagina won’t come close to a dildo, though.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Fresh intel: Johansson is winning both Golden Globe and SAG. Many HFPA members think she’s overdue for Globe and want to be the first televised ceremony that made her happen at Oscars. Zellweger is gonna be runner-up at both of those ceremonies but will win BAFTA. Unless Brits decide to go into full sheep mode. Oscar is Johansson’s to lose. Many of the voters find her ‘I don’t give a flying fuck about PC police’ attitude quite refreshing and it’s been ages since babe won this category. Yes, two years are ages for them. 🙄 Theron is gonna be nominated with fighting chance to win (she has her supporters who are still mad about her Mad Max: Fury Road snub) but it truly depends on box office. Box office is gonna be make it or break it for her. Ronan’s gonna be this year’s filler nominee but the same case as Theron. Box office is everything for those two. Also I find it quite amusing how many supporters Saoirse has among Academy members. I have no idea what do they see in her. Either Nora Lum or Alfre Woodard is fifth place. Or both if either Theron or Ronan fails to land nod. If both Theron and Ronan don’t happen (let’s not kid ourselves, so not gonna happen) then Lupita joins Johansson, Zellweger, Lum and Woodard. Alfre’s gonna hit all the right events and parties, mingling with voters. Gurl’s savvy. Erivo is not happening. But she tries. So hard. Almost everyone I talked to found her performance hilarious. She reminded some of them about Penn in All the King’s Men. 😆 That’s all for now. Quick, quote it before they delete it. Always your favorite poster. xoxo

Delusion land. This is another account created by Thatcher

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Victor Cruz.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Victor Cruz.
    Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

I’m doing it, babe. I’m going to drag that performance. In that scene, she is very conscious of the camera. She’s making it quite obvious that she is acting. It doesn’t feel like a natural performance at all. I just think her performance in I, Tonya is not that good and overrated. It’s only my opinion..

No clue what you watched.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Delusion land. This is another account created by Thatcher

I thought it was Sasha since there’s a hurry up before I’m gone tone.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions for Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.