Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 495 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gabe Guarin
John Berchmans
GregSprinkles
  • Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

My guess is that Once goes home with Supporting Actor and maybe Screenplay. Not confident in anything else.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

It will be a shame if Thomas Newman doesnt win Best Score for 1917. His score elevates tension in scenes to next level.

I thought Thomas Newman’s score was great, but Hildur’s was absolutely next level. She will deservedly win this year.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

I still wish Alan Silvestri and John Powell got in Best Score. Alan’s in particular was just powerful, especially in the portals sequence and Tony’s funeral.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

I thought Thomas Newman’s score was great, but Hildur’s was absolutely next level. She will deservedly win this year.

Both would make for spectacular winners. I’m giving Newman a slight edge though, as his score brought out more emotion from me.

Profile picture
    Federico Rubachin
    Topics:

Marriage Story is just too highbrow for the Academy, I guess. It’s like The Lighthouse, The Tree of Life, Phantom Thread. They can give those movies some recognition, but they never fully commit.

? THR  recently released an article where it said that tree of life almost certainly had more votes than the artist but the latter won by the preferential ballot

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Tree of Life deserved

Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

How on earth would they know that and how can they even justify it?

Profile picture
    Federico Rubachin
    Topics:

well obviously it is from the point of view of Feinberg, but he usually realizes things that golderby experts do not (or do it too late). Like for example that last year the academy did not want to nominate first man and if beale street could talk last yea for some reason.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I am concerned about a lack of passion for the film overall. I heard for months about how it was destined to win ensemble, but Parasite won SAG, The Irishman won Critics’ Choice and Knives Out won NBR, OFCS and the Satellite. Will it even win the BAFTA for Best Casting with their jury for that category of like ten people? I could see there being a groundswell for the sets of 1917, seeing as it seems like people actually like that movie.

It’s not about having the most passion, it’s about the most consensus.

Profile picture
    phenix714
    Topics:

? THR recently released an article where it said that tree of life almost certainly had more votes than the artist but the latter won by the preferential ballot

In the end it didn’t win though, which is my point.

It’s not unrealistic to think that a minority of the Academy would love The Tree of Life, but in a preferential ballot system it just seems impossible. And I’m not sure it would have gotten the most votes in a field of 5. In any case nothing suggests it, since those types of movies have never won Best Picture.

Profile picture
    Federico Rubachin
    Topics:

It’s a bit weird, because Feinberg says in 2012  that for him it was the seventh most likely to win at the preferential ballot but now that it was the one that could have the most votes

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Marriage Story is not remotely highbrow. Lol

Profile picture
    Djoko
    Topics:

According to Variety, Pedro Almodovar let slip that Antonio Banderas and Penelope Cruz will present the Oscar for International Feature. It’s going to be weird when Pain and Glory loses to Parasite. Here is what they said:

“Almodóvar’s night did have one blemish, however. On the red carpet ahead of the ceremony he accidentally let slip that actress Penelope Cruz will be handing out this year’s Academy Award for Best International Feature Film at the Oscars, as she and Banderas did last time Almodóvar won, with 2000’s ‘All About my Mother.’ ”

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/goya-awards-pain-and-glory-almodovar-1203480379/

Profile picture
    Singsongoflove01
    Topics:

According to Variety, Pedro Almodovar let slip that Antonio Banderas and Penelope Cruz will present the Oscar for International Feature. It’s going to be weird when Pain and Glory loses to Parasite. Here is what they said: “Almodóvar’s night did have one blemish, however. On the red carpet ahead of the ceremony he accidentally let slip that actress Penelope Cruz will be handing out this year’s Academy Award for Best International Feature Film at the Oscars, as she and Banderas did last time Almodóvar won, with 2000’s ‘All About my Mother.’ ” https://variety.com/2020/film/news/goya-awards-pain-and-glory-almodovar-1203480379/

Wouldn’t it be funny if Pain and Glory won foreign film and Parasite got picture?

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Jarin Blaschke won the Spotlight award at the ASC awards tonight for his black and white cinematography of The Lighthouse. They haven’t given out the feature film award yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 495 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.