Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 495 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gabriel Guarin
John Berchmans
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I know I’m in the minority when I say that I think Once Upon A Time In Hollywood might only win Best Supporting Actor. I think Original Screenplay could go to Parasite and Production Design to 1917 . But obviously won’t be surprised if it ends up winning both. Just curious…..</p>

Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

These Oscars are going to be boring AF, and frankly a little bit frustrating.

I’m definitely not waking up to watch this

Succession for Outstanding Drama Series, Emmys 2020

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

The Irishman will win nothing.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The Irishman will win nothing.

Agreed. It’s chances feel very dead now. I’m not even sure it can win Visual Effects anymore (of course, all of the controversy surrounding the De-Aging CGI and the fact that it probably cost De Niro his nomination made that an uphill battle from the start).

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

Post-DGA winners predictions (Major Categories)

Best Picture: 1917

Best Director: Sam Mendes (1917)

Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (Joker)

Best Actress: Renee Zellweger (Judy)

Best Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood)

Best Supporting Actress: Laura Dern (Marriage Story)

Best Original Screenplay: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Best Adapted Screenplay: The Irishman

null

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan Suggests Oscar Voters Need to Prove They’ve Seen the Movies

I absolutely agree to this.

Problem with this is that Academy members are mostly busy people and those with the most time on their hands, who’d have proof of seeing the most movies, would be old and retired. Instigate this rule and the nominations will reflect their collective taste, so you can expect more studio-bound nominees about famous white dudes.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan Suggests Oscar Voters Need to Prove They’ve Seen the Movies

I absolutely agree to this.

Kinda unenforceable. Imagine proving this.
    Akin to denying the vote to those unfamiliar with the platform…

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    jsn
    Topics:

Parasite is winning Original Screenplay. Every movie that won SAG ensemble + WGA went to win the Oscar for screenplay, and even if OUATIH was eligible at WGA it would lose to Parasite because it’s been flopping at the guilds. Couldn’t even beat Jojo Rabbit for ACE Comedy.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Parasite is winning Original Screenplay. Every movie that won SAG ensemble + WGA went to win the Oscar for screenplay, and even if OUATIH was eligible at WGA it would lose to Parasite because it’s been flopping at the guilds. Couldn’t even beat Jojo Rabbit for ACE Comedy.

It lost to Jojo Rabbit because Jojo was nominated for the Editing Oscar and Hollywood wasn’t. The ACE always go with whatever’s Oscar nominated, especially on the Comedy side. Also, if Hollywood was eligible at WGA it would absolutely win because it’s been winning the other screenplay awards like Golden Globes and Critics’ Choice.

Profile picture
    jsn
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

It lost to Jojo Rabbit because Jojo was nominated for the Editing Oscar and Hollywood wasn’t. The ACE always go with whatever’s Oscar nominated, especially on the Comedy side. Also, if Hollywood was eligible at WGA it would absolutely win because it’s been winning the other screenplay awards like Golden Globes and Critics’ Choice.

</p>
    Failing to get an Editing nom at the Oscars just shows the movie isn’t that strong, it’s not a good excuse for losing ACE. And the Globes and Critics’ Choice have nothing to do with the guilds, WGA hasn’t matched with them in numerous occasions (and Parasite won the most screenplay awards this year at the critics’ circles).

Hollywood is completely flopping, losing PGA and SAG when it was largely predicted to win both. It could even lose ADG to 1917  and go to the Oscars with zero guild wins. The industry doesn’t care for it.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by jsn.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by jsn.
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

The reason I have decided to predict Parasite in Original Screenplay is that I think voters will want to reward it in more than just International Film and Sam Mendes is to me a lock for Best Director so they can go with Parasite and honor Joon-ho outside of just International Film at the same time. This may be wishful thinking on my part since I don’t care for the Hollywood script but it’s my rationale for predicting Parasite for Original Screenplay! It could go either way though.

Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

That is not entirely true. All those films also won the Critics Choice, Golden Globe and BAFTA screenplay combo. All 3, or two of the 3.

Tarantino has won Critics Choice and Golden Globe. And if you think he’s not easily winning BAFTA Original Screenplay next week, I don’t know what to tell you.

Parasite would be close to an unprecedented Original Screenplay winner.

Green Book won PGA. And PGA winners win Directing and or Screenplay before Best Picture.

For it to pull a Spotlight in Best Picture, it would’ve had to win Critics Choice Best Picture and Screenplay, WGA and BAFTA Screenplay.

Moonlight won the Golden Globe for Best Picture Drama and WGA.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Yeah I agree with you. I am predicting Parasite to win Best International Feature, Best Original Screenplay and Best Editing.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Is there any chance we see a major upset/surprise for Best Picture?

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Is there any chance we see a major upset/surprise for Best Picture?

If it’s gonna be a major upset, it’ll be Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I’d say Parasite, but that would not be seen as a HUGE upset the way that a win for Hollywood would

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 495 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.