Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 495 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gabe Guarin
John Berchmans
thatnerdgreg
  • James Breheney
    Participant
    Topics:

Not necessarily. Sometimes awards stats, however consistent they may seem, can be shattered quite easily. There’s every reason to anticipate a non-precursor editing winner at the Oscars if BAFTA makes an unexpected choice. That said, BAFTA have awarded Best Editing to four films involving fast motor driving this decade: the documentary Senna, Rush, Mad Max: Fury Road and Baby Driver, so I expect them to go for Ford v Ferrari – or should I say, Le Mans 66 in the UK.

That’s what I call an obsession with stats. Better to use stats and intuition rather than just stats imo.

Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

1917 won PGA and Oscar is next!!!! (: So happy! (: I was going to switch my prediction to whichever film won PGA but now I don’t have to! (: (and it’s going to win BAFTA too!)

PGA agreed with the Oscars the last 2 years. Isn’t it time they disagreed again, a la Spotlight and Moonlight? I can’t overlook the 3 things 1917 has going against it: no acting, no editing and no SAG ensemble. Not even in the running at any point for acting. It’s not just any one of those things, it’s ALL THREE OF THEM COMBINED. Three strikes you’re out. Add to that the ACE snub and I feel like Oscar pundits are destined to be led off the deep end yet again.

Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s what I call an obsession with stats. Better to use stats and intuition rather than just stats imo.

Eddy Q’s assessment is by all accounts fair and very observant. I swear one day, your dismissal and disregard of stats is going to bite you in the ass.

Aaron Kalloo
    Participant
    Topics:

Yup I predicted 1917 to win the PGA award and  it did. So my Oscar prediction for it to take Best Picture looks very good. I also think it will take the DGA and make it one of those films that wins Best Picture and Best Director but it could also go to Bong Joon-ho for Parasite but we will see.

oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

Yup I predicted 1917 to win the PGA award and it did. So my Oscar prediction for it to take Best Picture looks very good. I also think it will take the DGA and make it one of those films that wins Best Picture and Best Director but it could also go to Bong Joon-ho for Parasite but we will see.

Yeah, I think now the race looks like it’s gonna be 1917 vs Hollywood. This sucks though because I really wanted Parasite to win Best Picture but I guess I will have to be content it will at least win Best International Feature Film.

unown
    Participant
    Topics:

PSA to academy voters dont let international feature film be the only Oscar Parasite wins.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am hoping Parasite wins Best Original Screenplay. While I am predicting Ford v Ferrari for Film Editing, Parasite would be a worthy winner too. International Film is a lock for it. But I want 1917 for BP and Best Director!

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

I really wonder what happened in 2011 that made Academy and other major award bodies to give Best Picture to “The Artist” which was a French film.

Did they consider Hollywood films so bad that year?.

This is something ROMA and Parasite weren’t able to do.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike-Tarantino-Wes Anderson-Bong Joon-Ho

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Film expert
    Participant
    Topics:

I really wonder what happened in 2011 that made Academy and other major award bodies to give Best Picture to “The Artist” which was a French film. Did they consider Hollywood films so bad that year?. This is something ROMA and Parasite weren’t able to do.

Historically French cinema was always by far the most respected foregin one in Hollywood.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^The Artist had a few things going for it: an amazing campaign, it was a silent film so it’s “Frenchness” was negated, it was a film about a film actor, and it was treated as an event rather than just a movie. It was also excellent and I don’t recall there being any consensus for any of the other films that year in BP.

Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

I really wonder what happened in 2011 that made Academy and other major award bodies to give Best Picture to “The Artist” which was a French film.

Did they consider Hollywood films so bad that year?.

This is something ROMA and Parasite weren’t able to do.

The Artist had no frech language in it and it was ABOUT Hollywood. That was enough for the Academy.

Michael Windfeldt
    Participant
    Topics:

Great victory for 1917. The Technical highligt of the year! Personally I do prefer “Parasite” but 1917 for BP at the Oscars is okay! It is a film which is beautiful and brutal to look at, but it will not be remembered as a masterpiece as time Goes by. It did not Stick with me. I did not care for the characters.

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

PSA to academy voters dont let international feature film be the only Oscar Parasite wins.

It’ll win Production Design

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 495 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.