Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 495 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gabe Guarin
John Berchmans
thatnerdgreg
  • Aaron Kalloo
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Production Design will go to Once Upon A Time In Hollywood or 1917

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m glad OUATIH didn’t win PGA. I really liked the movie but it’s starting to get extremely overrated. I’m a bit disappointed Parasite didn’t win but 1917 seems a very good choice. I haven’t seen it yet so I can’t say I agree. I hope Parasite remains competitive for BP and surprises everyone like Spotlight and Moonlight.

Anthony 🐜
    Participant
    Topics:

PGA agreed with the Oscars the last 2 years. Isn’t it time they disagreed again, a la Spotlight and Moonlight? I can’t overlook the 3 things 1917 has going against it: no acting, no editing and no SAG ensemble. Not even in the running at any point for acting. It’s not just any one of those things, it’s ALL THREE OF THEM COMBINED. Three strikes you’re out. Add to that the ACE snub and I feel like Oscar pundits are destined to be led off the deep end yet again.

Lol. All those stats (and more) were literally JUST broken with 1917 winning PGA.

– First film to win PGA without any SAG Noms (preferential ballot era).
    – First film to win with no ACE Eddie nomination.
    – Second film to win PGA with no Editing nomination at the Oscars (preceded by Birdman)
    – First film to win with no Golden Globe Screenplay nom.
    – No acting noms at BAFTA and Oscar.

Why is it so hard to believe all those stats won’t fall at the Oscars? They all literally just fell at PGA. In one whole swoop.

The stats fell. They are broken. They’re done. ALL +3 OF THEM COMBINED

Aaron Kalloo
    Participant
    Topics:

As of right now my Best Picture line up is:

1. 1917

2. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

3. Parasite

4. Jojo Rabbit

5. Joker

6. The Irishman

7. Marriage Story

8. Little Woman

9. Ford v Ferrari

DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

POST-PGA WINNERS PREDICTIONS (MAJOR CATEGORIES)

Best Picture: 1917

Best Director: Bong Joon Ho (Parasite)

Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (Joker)

Best Actress: Renee Zellweger (Judy)

Best Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood)

Best Supporting Actress: Laura Dern (Marriage Story)

Best Original Screenplay: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Best Adapted Screenplay: The Irishman

James Breheney
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol. All those stats (and more) were literally JUST broken with 1917 winning PGA. – First film to win PGA without any SAG Noms (preferential ballot era). – First film to win with no ACE Eddie nomination. – Second film to win PGA with no Editing nomination at the Oscars (preceded by Birdman) – First film to win with no Golden Globe Screenplay nom. – No acting noms at BAFTA and Oscar. Why is it so hard to believe all those stats won’t fall at the Oscars? They all literally just fell at PGA. In one whole swoop. The stats fell. They are broken. They’re done. ALL +3 OF THEM COMBINED

Exactly this. The stats nuts don’t realise 1917 just KO’d a bunch of a stats by scooping PGA.

James Breheney
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is anyone predicting Avengers: Endgame to win Visual Effects? The big Marvel films always lose to the Best Picture nominees/contenders or the films with more nominations.

Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

POST-PGA WINNERS PREDICTIONS (MAJOR CATEGORIES) Best Picture: 1917 Best Director: Bong Joon Ho (Parasite) Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (Joker) Best Actress: Renee Zellweger (Judy) Best Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood) Best Supporting Actress: Laura Dern (Marriage Story) Best Original Screenplay: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Best Adapted Screenplay: The Irishman

I agree with most of your predictions. I think Sam Mendes will probably win Director and Little Women will take adapted screenplay.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol. All those stats (and more) were literally JUST broken with 1917 winning PGA.

– First film to win PGA without any SAG Noms (preferential ballot era).
    – First film to win with no ACE Eddie nomination.
    – Second film to win PGA with no Editing nomination at the Oscars (preceded by Birdman)
    – First film to win with no Golden Globe Screenplay nom.
    – No acting noms at BAFTA and Oscar.

Why is it so hard to believe all those stats won’t fall at the Oscars? They all literally just fell at PGA. In one whole swoop.

The stats fell. They are broken. They’re done. ALL +3 OF THEM COMBINED

How many stats is 1917 going to break?

everyone

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

How many stats is 1917 going to break?

everyone

Stay Mad!!

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Tarantino winning BP for OUATIH was going to be a downer.

Honestly not even in Tarantino Top5 and he has only made 10 feature films.

I hope he returns with full Tarantinoism in 24/25 and give a deserving BP/BD contender.

I also think,his films aren’t as great as they were when Sally Menke was alive.

Inglorious Bastards is still best Tarantino film since Pulp Fiction.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike-Tarantino-Wes Anderson-Bong Joon-Ho

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Production Design will go to Once Upon A Time In Hollywood or 1917

I think and hope it goes to 1917. They had to craft several of the sets during the long takes, and yet they still managed to look fantastic.

Golden Girl
    Participant
    Topics:

I think and hope it goes to 1917. They had to craft several of the sets during the long takes, and yet they still managed to look fantastic.

1917 is my pick for Production Design as well. When you look at how they had to construct sets down to the tee to match the pace and literal footsteps of every scene, it is amazing.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

1917 is my pick for Production Design as well. When you look at how they had to construct sets down to the tee to match the pace and literal footsteps of every scene, it is amazing.

I wish they were really advertising this though, cause I feel like some people will vote without knowing just how difficult it was to make those amazing set pieces, and choose something else. It’s a very strong group of nominees in this category, but I feel like 1917 is by far my favorite.

Golden Girl
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish they were really advertising this though, cause I feel like some people will vote without knowing just how difficult it was to make those amazing set pieces, and choose something else. It’s a very strong group of nominees in this category, but I feel like 1917 is by far my favorite.

I agree – both Once Upon a Time and Parasite in particular have compelling stories to warrant a production design win, but to me 1917 is on another level. I wish it was getting more buzz in this category as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 495 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.