Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 528 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gabe Guarin
John Berchmans
Federico Ruba..
  • John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Picture: Parasite Best Director: Sam Mendes Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix Best Actress: Renee Zellweger Best Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt Best Supporting Actress: Laura Dern Best original Screenplay: Parasite Best adapted Screenplay: Jojo Best cinematography: 1917 Best editing: Ford vs Ferrari Best Production Design: Once upon a time in Hollywood Best Score: Joker Best Costume Design: Little Women Best Make Up and Hair: Bombshell Best VFX: 1917 Best Song: Rocketman Best Sound Editing: 1917 Best Sound Mixing: 1917 Let´s go Parasite!!!!

This is almost exactly my predictions, except I’m predicting Joker in Makeup.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

This is almost exactly my predictions, except I’m predicting Joker in Makeup.

I was also predicting Joker in Makeup but I’m a sheep so I switched to Bombshell. I might switch back but I’m afraid to take the risk.

Federico Rubachin
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s an argument against Jojo being a real threat for Best Picture: it was snubbed for Best Film at BAFTA. This killed potential contenders like Mad Max: Fury Road, Lady Bird and Get Out.

you put a REALLY BAD example

experts predictions in goldderby in 2018 in the last week of game:

shape of water: 7

Three Billboards: 15

get out: 7

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Picture: Parasite

Director: Sam Mendes, 1917

Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Joker

Actress: Renee Zellweger, Judy

Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Supporting Actress: Laura Dern, Marriage Story

Original Screenplay: Bong Joon-ho and Han Jin-won, Parasite

Adapted Screenplay: Taika Waititi, Jojo Rabbit

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone may have pointed this out already but I think it’s worth still considering what 1917’s SAG ensemble snub could mean. Yes, that trend clearly seems to be broken with the last two movies in a row not getting in, but those movies still had acting support. Shape of Water got 3 acting nominations, and Green Book got 2 and 1 win. So maybe while they didn’t have enough acting support to get in for ensemble, they clearly had some, whereas we have no way to gage of 1917 has any.

Arthur J. Fleck
    Participant
    Topics:

Parasite hasn’t won any big award for Best Picture (the SAG is not enough) and its 6 nominations is pretty underwhelming compared to what Roma achieved last year. Stop pretending it’s winning. Either 1917 or Once Upon a Time is winning.

All I have are negative thoughts

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

The Academy posted their “own” predictions on their official Twitter. No idea of what they’re trying to do with this

Hinrich689
    Participant
    Topics:

The Academy posted their “own” predictions on their official Twitter. No idea of what they’re trying to do with this

They have a prediction app. It’s seems like they tweeted someone’s random predictions instead of DM-ing it. Weird that this glitch happens in the middle of Oscar voting.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone may have pointed this out already but I think it’s worth still considering what 1917’s SAG ensemble snub could mean. Yes, that trend clearly seems to be broken with the last two movies in a row not getting in, but those movies still had acting support. Shape of Water got 3 acting nominations, and Green Book got 2 and 1 win. So maybe while they didn’t have enough acting support to get in for ensemble, they clearly had some, whereas we have no way to gage of 1917 has any.

True, the ones that missed ensemble had nods and even won. 1917 got skunked. I think that is a glaring weakness especially when the alternative won and had a standing O from just introducing their film.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

They have a prediction app. It’s seems like they tweeted someone’s random predictions instead of DM-ing it. Weird that this glitch happens in the middle of Oscar voting.

This is not a good look… at all

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

3 movies won BP with no SAG Ensemble but none with a complete SAG shutout. That’s a huge hurdle to overcome but then again, stats are broken every year

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Seven.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Seven.
    Federico Rubachin
    Participant
    Topics:

what movie win in that? 😮 also i didn’t knew we can post gifs here

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

what movie win in that? 😮 also i didn’t knew we can post gifs here

They posted this

jsn
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Parasite hasn’t won any big award for Best Picture (the SAG is not enough) and its 6 nominations is pretty underwhelming compared to what Roma achieved last year. Stop pretending it’s winning. Either 1917 or Once Upon a Time is winning.

</p>
    Lmao you’re clueless if you think Once Upon a Time is still in this race. And Green Book won with 5 noms last year, it doesn’t matter.

ARegularGuy
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, literally no one here really gives a shit about what wins Best Picture anymore. We wanted some tea and blood in the acting categories. We got boring, disgusting televised awards acting like sheeps instead.

Maybe you don’t care but given this is the general Oscars board and people are talking about non-acting categories (shocking!), there are some people who care about them. But I’ll agree, a little spice in the acting races would’ve been lovely. Next year!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.