Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 528 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gabe Guarin
John Berchmans
Federico Ruba..
  • Profile picture
    Federico Rubachin
    Topics:

Stop taking offense to differing opinions. It’s just personal rankings and their own opinions.

the “differing opinions” is the ranking. Everyone has their likes. I talk about the “Can it win?” part

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

the “differing opinions” is the ranking. Everyone has their likes. I talk about the “Can it win?” part

And they can say something can or can’t win if they feel that way.

Profile picture
    Federico Rubachin
    Topics:

it’s an article on a page. Saying that “marriage story could be this year green book” sounds more like a fake news that a opinion. Different would be if it were expressed in a forum or a facebook group

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

“marriage story could be this year green book” sounds more like a fake news that a opinion.

What, do you think this’ll cause cultural damage?

Profile picture
    Federico Rubachin
    Topics:

It is difficult to maintain a conversation using the translator if you answer weird

Profile picture
    Federico Rubachin
    Topics:

simple example: its not the same if Tom O’Neil makes an article in this page saying little women could win best picture that if you say that in this forum. If Tom post that some people would say something like  ” why you said that??? ohh i figured out, this is the bad place of the awards pages “

Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

I want to ask a question because I have been using this forum very recently, did any of you think that 1917 will won the golden globe a month ago?

Yes, I had Sam Mendes winning the Directing Golden Globe since the beginning, and a had 1917 as the alternative to Joker.

Never thought for a second The Irishman had any chance in hell, even after so many fanboys tried to convince everyone that it will win just one award at the Golden Globes: Best Drama Film.

Profile picture
    Federico Rubachin
    Topics:

did you think joker could win because of ” crazy votes”( votes for what they like best, not for what they consider the best) like bohemian or for something else?

Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

Yes, I had Sam Mendes winning the Directing Golden Globe since the beginning, and a had 1917 as the alternative to Joker.

Never thought for a second The Irishman had any chance in hell, even after so many fanboys tried to convince everyone that it will win just one award at the Golden Globes: Best Drama Film.

I have taken your wise advice and moved Ford vs Ferrari for Film Editing and Sound Mixing wins, giving 1917 Sound Editing. I still know splitting the sound awards might be risky, but I will keep it in place for now.

You explanation on the Film Editing was fascinating.

By the way- I am at a loss for two (2) categories

Documentary
    Visual Effects

For the former, I think For Sama wins over American Factory. Many are picking the latter because of the “Obama” angle, but his production company was in charge of the movie; he wasn’t an actual producer. So he’s not going to be on stage making a speech (I don’t think). For Sama seems way more heartfelt and gut wrenching.

For Visual Effects, I am torn between The Lion King and 1917. The former is just masterful, CGI not something I am always a fan of- but it really works here. It reminds me of when The Jungle Book won on similar grounds. The latter uses a more subtle tactic to show us the camera continuously moving, but have war films done well in Visual Effects? I find it hard to believe voters will check it off here. And there’s also the subtle aging effects of The Irishman. I don’t think Avengers or Star Wars has a chance.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    13K Subscribers, 29 Million Views

FYC: Derbyite of the Year, 2017

Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

Normally, predicting a split in the Sound categories is just risky. But if you had to, the Film Editing winner most often wins Sound Mixing as well. Especially these days. 1917 won Sound at BAFTA, and The Revenant is the only film this decade to lose both Sound categories at the Oscars after winning the BAFTA and CAS, MPSE.

1917 is a technically daring Oscar frontrunner, where voters don’t care how many awards they’re giving it (Gravity). It could very well win both (The Hurt Locker), or win only Sound Mixing (Hacksaw Ridge).

Ford v Ferrari is winning Film Editing. The only question is whether that will be enough for voters in terms of “spreading the wealth”. I personally don’t see a scenario where it wins 3 Oscars. Not with the behemoth 1917 right there in 2 categories.

1. 1917 – Sound Editing
    Ford v Ferrari – Sound Mixing + Film Editing (It won the CAS guild, and they correlate quite strongly)

2. Or 1917 wins both Sound categories.

I’m leaning towards the former.

Profile picture
    Dr. Manhattan
    Topics:

How sure are you that Ford v Ferrari will win Film Editing?

Profile picture
    Emil Petrov
    Topics:

They’ve got perfect opportunities to reward South Korean, Polenisian, and Black filmmakers as well as the first female composer to win the unified Best Original Score category. Let’s see if they take them.

So they must reward all of those not beacuse they think they are worthy, but because they should feel obligated to? This is bullshit!

They must vote for whatever they think is the best! I start to hate the word ”diversity”.

Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

How sure are you that Ford v Ferrari will win Film Editing?

Pretty sure.

Sound category correlation with Editing winners, it perfectly fits traditional Editing winners (most Editing, bombastic editing), etc.

If there is a mindboggling upset, it will be Joker, not Parasite. And I doubt that very much.

Parasite would be the weirdest Editing winner in DECADES.

Film Editing is not the category where passion transpires or prevails. It’s a technically visible category for a technically visible craft.

Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

I’m predicting both Parasite and 1917 to win 5 awards each.

Parasite for Best Picture, Original Screenplay, Editing, Production Design, and International Feature.

1917 for Director, Cinematography, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, and Visual Effects.

Joker is the only other movie I’m predicting to have multiple wins with Actor and Score, which actually doesn’t make sense since they were too focused on four movies overall but I can’t seem to find another place for OUATIH, maybe it wins Production Design over Parasite?

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Whilst I agree with you insofar as Ford v Ferrari is the favourite, and my current prediction, I do see Parasite being 2nd to it.

The ACE win is the main reason for me having it quite a close second, but I also think the Editing is very flashy and quite prominent. That peach montage is probably the best and most overtly edited sequence of the year, and later sequences like the bunker and flood scenes are also impeccably and clearly well edited. I think, if there’s a bit of passion there, Parasite could take it.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.