Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
FreemanGriffin
SuperStarShap..
  • Kim Cardassian
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve rewatched Hollywood more times than any film last year and it’s on my top 5. But I will be pissed if it wins Best Picture. I’d rather have any other film win including Joker…and I can’t explain it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Marrero
    Participant
    Topics:

Good luck to all my fellow Gold Derby pundits, experts, editors and forum lurkers! I hope everyone has a pleasant evening. 2019 was a great year for cinema and I enjoyed this Oscar season so much. So happy for Joaquin Phoenix, Brad Pitt and the rest of the incredible nominee’s ❤ Have fun tonight and stay safe, until next year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Aaron Kalloo
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow this awards season flew by quickly for me. Good luck to everyone!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Aaron Kalloo.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Aaron Kalloo.
    ReplyCopy URL
    cracker of whips, bringer of jocks
    Participant
    Topics:

1917 will win Picture, Director, Cinematography and Visual Effects. Parasite will take International Film and Screenplay. Ford v Ferrari takes Editing. Acting categories are locked up.

ReplyCopy URL
    KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so panicked about Best Animated Feature! I’m choosing Klaus but I’m thinking that Missing Link could win! I should change it.

ReplyCopy URL
    SuperStarShapedGummy
    Participant
    Topics:

is it usually this panicky here before the actual awards? I find that most of the categories locked for this year except the big one of course. can’t imagine how crazy it can get if the acting categories were not locks ^^.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so panicked about Best Animated Feature! I’m choosing Klaus but I’m thinking that Missing Link could win! I should change it.

The reason I am predicting Toy Story 4 is precisely because there isn’t just one film vying for the Oscar with it; there are 3 films that could possibly win and I think that will mean a split in the votes that will help what has been perceived as the front-runner for most of the contest – siphoning of votes between two challengers often means the early favorite winds up winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alexa Aristizabal
    Participant
    Topics:

This is it! There’s no turning back. Eventually didn’t change anything. Setting myself up for disappointment? Maybe. Lots of categories where I go against the favorites. But hey, gotta listen to my heart.

Predictions

ReplyCopy URL
    KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

I changed to Missing Link.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I also hope Parasite wins to kill the “vote splitting” argument dead. I heard that dumb argument over the years and it never is anything but nonsensical.

ReplyCopy URL
    SuperStarShapedGummy
    Participant
    Topics:

good luck everyone! this should be a good awards show with many fantastic and long awaited wins to be had!

ReplyCopy URL
    Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

And, that’s all folks! Our votes are locked in. Cheers to how exciting and unpredictable this Oscars season has been. Here’s to a great Oscars night, and to another amazing year of cinema to come in 2020!

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

ReplyCopy URL
    SuperStarShapedGummy
    Participant
    Topics:

is it just me or have the oscars predictions still unlocked?

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I will be so incredibly disappointed if a Greta Gerwig film is shut out again this year – I very much want Little Women to win both Adapted Screenplay and Costume Design – imo it’s a million times more deserving than Jojo Rabbit (I am aware that many on here have the opposite opinion). If they split then I hope Greta wins AS and CD goes to Jojo. (I also want Florence Pugh to win but that’s not happening!) (;

ReplyCopy URL
    SuperStarShapedGummy
    Participant
    Topics:

I will be so incredibly disappointed if a Greta Gerwig film is shut out again this year – I very much want Little Women to win both Adapted Screenplay and Costume Design – imo it’s a million times more deserving than Jojo Rabbit (I am aware that many on here have the opposite opinion). If they split then I hope Greta wins AS and CD goes to Jojo. (I also want Florence Pugh to win but that’s not happening!) (;

Little Women was my favorite movie released in 2019! I really hope it can get Adapted Screenplay above everything else. To see Greta go up and accept an award would make my evening. I think Saoirse and Florence both will have a good shot at winning hardware in the upcoming decade.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.