Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 515 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
ospencer
Matthew anzal..
KEllis
  • Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Joker could make it into best picture(Note I said could). For sure it will get best makeup and best actor for Joaquin phoenix(He could even win). Im excited for this movie. Sometimes its ok to root for the villain.

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Joker could make it into best picture(Note I said could). For sure it will get best makeup and best actor for Joaquin phoenix(He could even win). Im excited for this movie. Sometimes its ok to root for the villain.

He is so incredible I wouldn’t even be mildly surprised if he was nominated. I think his performance might have to be undeniable to win though, given his known stance of hating campaigning and ‘not caring’ about winning an Oscar.

moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

I love the ignore button.

DamianHoffman
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST PICTURE

A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD

FAIR AND BALANCED

HARRIET

THE IRISHMAN

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD

QUEEN & SLIM

TOY STORY 4

THE REPORT

ROCKETMAN

US

BEST DIRECTING

MARIELLE HELLER FOR A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD

JAY ROACH FOR FAIR AND BALANCED

MARTIN SCORSESE FOR THE IRISHMAN

QUENTIN TARANTINO FOR ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD

SCOTT Z. BURNS FOR THE REPORT

BEST ACTOR

ROBERT DE NIRO IN THE IRISHMAN

LEONARDO DICAPRIO IN ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD

ADAM DRIVER IN THE REPORT

TARON EGERTON IN ROCKETMAN

DANIEL KALUUYA IN QUEEN & SLIM

BEST ACTRESS

CYNTHIA ERIVO IN HARRIET

JULIANNE MOORE IN THE GLORIAS

LUPITA N´YONGO IN US

CHARLIZE THERON IN FAIR AND BALANCED

ALFRE WOODARD IN CLEMENCY

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

TOM HANKS IN A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD

JOHN LITHGOW IN FAIR AND BALANCED

RICHARD MADDEN IN ROCKETMAN

LESLIE ODOM JR. IN HARRIET

JOE PESCI IN THE IRISHMAN

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

ANNETTE BENING IN THE REPORT

JENNIFER HUDSON IN CATS

SARAH PAULSON IN THE GOLDFINCH

MARGOT ROBBIE IN ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD

OCTAVIA SPENCER IN HARRIET

PerksofBeingaGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST PICTURE A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD FAIR AND BALANCED HARRIET THE IRISHMAN ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD QUEEN & SLIM TOY STORY 4 THE REPORT ROCKETMAN US BEST DIRECTING MARIELLE HELLER FOR A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD JAY ROACH FOR FAIR AND BALANCED MARTIN SCORSESE FOR THE IRISHMAN QUENTIN TARANTINO FOR ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD SCOTT Z. BURNS FOR THE REPORT BEST ACTOR ROBERT DE NIRO IN THE IRISHMAN LEONARDO DICAPRIO IN ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD ADAM DRIVER IN THE REPORT TARON EGERTON IN ROCKETMAN DANIEL KALUUYA IN QUEEN & SLIM BEST ACTRESS CYNTHIA ERIVO IN HARRIET JULIANNE MOORE IN THE GLORIAS LUPITA N´YONGO IN US CHARLIZE THERON IN FAIR AND BALANCED ALFRE WOODARD IN CLEMENCY BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR TOM HANKS IN A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD JOHN LITHGOW IN FAIR AND BALANCED RICHARD MADDEN IN ROCKETMAN LESLIE ODOM JR. IN HARRIET JOE PESCI IN THE IRISHMAN BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS ANNETTE BENING IN THE REPORT JENNIFER HUDSON IN CATS SARAH PAULSON IN THE GOLDFINCH MARGOT ROBBIE IN ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD OCTAVIA SPENCER IN HARRIET

Wait, Tom Hanks is supporting?

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Yea, with a June release date this will most likely only score an Original Screenplay nod at best. Oscar Nominee Mindy Kaling sounds great.

If there’s any justice in the world Emma Thompson will score a nod.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Sure. That’s your opinion. Maybe you still have sympathy for them because you haven’t looked into the matter yet, but for me I have made up my mind, and I don’t really have sympathy for someone who’s faking allegations for a financial gain, anymore than I do for Jussie Smollett. It doesn’t matter what crime you are trying to fake, sexual assault or hate crime. Just because you’re claiming sexual assault doesn’t give you immunity to criticism and scrutiny, especially when you’re using it to try to win 100M$ in court after you repeatedly swore under oath as an adult that you weren’t a sexual abuse victim in the past. Oh and how convenient to file such a lawsuit only when you’re fired by MJ estate. But anyway, I’m done arguing about this with someone who didn’t even watch the documentary. It was a sarcastic post, and I stand by it.

Oh my god I thought this was done last night. Accept the fact that people found your post offensive instead of repeating yourself. Here’s your Ignore since you’re the one who wanted to keep arguing.

ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST PICTURE A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD FAIR AND BALANCED HARRIET THE IRISHMAN ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD QUEEN & SLIM TOY STORY 4 THE REPORT ROCKETMAN US BEST DIRECTING MARIELLE HELLER FOR A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD JAY ROACH FOR FAIR AND BALANCED MARTIN SCORSESE FOR THE IRISHMAN QUENTIN TARANTINO FOR ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD SCOTT Z. BURNS FOR THE REPORT BEST ACTOR ROBERT DE NIRO IN THE IRISHMAN LEONARDO DICAPRIO IN ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD ADAM DRIVER IN THE REPORT TARON EGERTON IN ROCKETMAN DANIEL KALUUYA IN QUEEN & SLIM BEST ACTRESS CYNTHIA ERIVO IN HARRIET JULIANNE MOORE IN THE GLORIAS LUPITA N´YONGO IN US CHARLIZE THERON IN FAIR AND BALANCED ALFRE WOODARD IN CLEMENCY BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR TOM HANKS IN A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD JOHN LITHGOW IN FAIR AND BALANCED RICHARD MADDEN IN ROCKETMAN LESLIE ODOM JR. IN HARRIET JOE PESCI IN THE IRISHMAN BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS ANNETTE BENING IN THE REPORT JENNIFER HUDSON IN CATS SARAH PAULSON IN THE GOLDFINCH MARGOT ROBBIE IN ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD OCTAVIA SPENCER IN HARRIET

Love these predictions. Praying circle for this to actually happen

Octavia is in Luce tho

DuBoisBlanche
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/gloria-bell-reviews-critics-julianne-moore-performance-news/

Are we on the presence of the critical darling of the year?

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/gloria-bell-reviews-critics-julianne-moore-performance-news/ Are we on the presence of the critical darling of the year?

I was wondering the same.. but just stumbled upon this. We knew she was previously attached to the project but didn’t know she was fired.

https://themuse.jezebel.com/julianne-moore-was-fired-from-can-you-ever-forgive-me-1833150710

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s with A24’s game lately? The trailer alone made me want to watch it and now these reviews? They messed up with the March release date. But onto something more positive, I can’t wait to see Julianne slay per usual.

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait, Tom Hanks is supporting?

It SOUNDS like Matthew Rhys’ character is the lead, as I think it’s from his perspective as a journalist who is assigned a profile of Fred Rogers.. I love Matthew Rhys, very happy for him.

ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

As expected, the audience reviews for Captain Marvel are AWFUL. Most of the negative reviews are surrounding Brie Larson which is so sexist and frustrating. I hate people. Let’s root for it to be a phenomenal success.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

As expected, the audience reviews for Captain Marvel are AWFUL. Most of the negative reviews are surrounding Brie Larson which is so sexist and frustrating. I hate people. Let’s root for it to be a phenomenal success.

And how many are going to be from people who have never watched it, like with Ocean’s 8, Ghostbusters, and House of Cards? Probably 95% of them. Everyone here must buy out the theaters out of spite lol.

ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

And how many are going to be from people who have never watched it, like with Ocean’s 8, Ghostbusters, and House of Cards? Probably 95% of them. Everyone here must buy out the theaters out of spite lol.

Remember when white people invented that they were attacked by black people when they wanted to see Black Panther? People are gross.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.