Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 515 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
ospencer
Matthew anzal..
KEllis
  • Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Will Meryl streep get two nominations? Best actress for the Laundromat and Best supporting actress for Little women. I dont have her in my best actress predictions but I have her in my supporting actress predictions.

shes Supporting in laundromat too

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Just out of curiosity, if Maggie Smith wins for supporting actress, would she be the first person to win both an Emmy and an Oscar for the same role? It’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility, and it would be pretty crazy if she were the first.

Smith would also be the first three time winner to have two for supporting while just having one for lead. It has never happened yet. People usually win three times in a single category or when splitting two for lead and one for supporting.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Foreign Language Film: The Wandering Earth (China)??

https://variety.com/2019/film/asia/netflix-buys-chinese-sci-fi-hit-wandering-earth-1203144647/

Adapted from a 2000 novella of the same name by the godfather of Chinese sci-fi, Liu Cixin, the film tells the story of people working together to save the planet from our aged, imploding sun by moving it to another solar system with giant thrusters.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/c8LAwozrXPo

KLV
    Participant
    Topics:

Early winners

Picture : The Irishman ( The most Oscar bait movie of the year )
    Director : Quentin Tarantino – Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ( The second most Oscar bait movie of the year )
    Actor : Joaquin Phoenix – Joker
    Actress : Meryl Streep – The Laundromat ( She have to win! )

Vicennn
    Participant
    Topics:

Professor McGonagall on that stage?

A campaign we all can support

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Foreign Language Film: The Wandering Earth (China)??

https://variety.com/2019/film/asia/netflix-buys-chinese-sci-fi-hit-wandering-earth-1203144647/

Adapted from a 2000 novella of the same name by the godfather of Chinese sci-fi, Liu Cixin, the film tells the story of people working together to save the planet from our aged, imploding sun by moving it to another solar system with giant thrusters.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/c8LAwozrXPo

I doubt this kind of commercial fare can make it into FLF without stellar reviews

David Michael C. Lopez
    Participant
    Topics:

Greta Gerwig for Best Director in ‘Little Women’

Caelin Cripps
    Participant
    Topics:

So, should we be predicting Taron Egerton for a Best Actor nom for portraying Elton John in Rocketman? After Malek’s nom this year I think anything is now possible with beloved, real life musicians. I don’t think the Rocketman trailer looks very promising, but hey, neither was Bohemian Rhapsody 🙂

I thought the Rocketman trailer was AMAZING and even stronger that I had imagined. It definitely has shades of Bohemian Rhapsody (due to Dexter Fletcher directing), but I think that this looks so much better. Egerton’s definitely a lock for a Golden Globe nomination at least, unless the film’s an absolute flop

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Little Women will have the very same problem that A Star Is Born is having this year. This will be like the 7? version of that story.

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Succession, Bodyguard. Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke, Drama Lead Actor: Richard Madden, Jeremy Strong. Limited Series: Chernobyl

Anonymous
    Topics:

Little Women will have the very same problem that A Star Is Born is having this year. This will be like the 7? version of that story.

Well, that won’t necessarily stop it from getting nominated for picture, screenplay and maybe get some acting noms too, just like A Star is Born. Meryl Streep, of course, is already a lock (if of course has material).

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Doubt it. They’re gonna push that movie and guilt voters to let Gerwig win something since lady bird was shut out of any wins, which will either be director or screenplay.

The Night Fury
    Participant
    Topics:

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

Best Picture- Bonnie Arnold and Brad Lewis
    Best Adapted Screenplay- Dean DeBlois, based on the novels by Cressida Cowell
    Best Animated Feature Film- Bonnie Arnold, Brad Lewis and Dean DeBlois
    Best Original Score- John Powell
    Best Original Song- Together From Afar, music and lyrics by Jonsi
    Best Sound Editing- Randy Thom

WELCOME TO UNPREDICTABILITY.

EMMYS: SEPTEMBER 22
    GLOBES: JANUARY 5, 2020
    SAGS: JANUARY 26, 2020
    ANNIES: TBD
    OSCARS: FEBRUARY 9, 2020

"Thanks for nothing, you useless reptile..." - Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
    For Your Consideration: Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Animated Feature, Original Score (John Powell), Original Song (Together From Afar), Sound Editing, Visual Effects, Production Design

Twitter: @FILMSTHESEDAYS
    Facebook: nathan.romberg.7

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

they did my boy nick robinson dirty by putting native son on HBO only

he was comin for best supporting actor..

Both him and Layne were coming for supporting nods and now I’m not even sure if they would be Top 10 at the Emmys. Urgh

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Both him and Layne were coming for supporting nods and now I’m not even sure if they would be Top 10 at the Emmys. Urgh

Eh, the film has positive reviews but not enough to help it survive an entire year for Oscar season, and that 66% would probably have gone down once they released it. But TV movies do pretty well with those kind of reviews, especially HBO movies. I wouldn’t count it out at the Emmys.

Anonymous
    Topics:

I want your thoughts on The Goldfinch, most especially on Kidman and Paulson. Will it be a huge contender? What do you think? I know it’s too early.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.