Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 357 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
replies
views
users
ospencer
Matthew anzal..
KEllis
  • Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m now predicting a nomination for Robert Pattinson for The Lighthouse. This movie KILLED at Cannes. Critics are raving about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m now predicting acting nominations for Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe for The Lighthouse; as well as a directorial nomination for Eggers. This movie KILLED at Cannes. Critics are raving about it. Some are even saying it is the best movie of the year so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m now predicting acting nominations for Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe for The Lighthouse; as well as a directorial nomination for Eggers. This movie KILLED at Cannes. Critics are raving about it. Some are even saying it is the best movie of the year so far.

The problem is that I’ve heard that it is tough to swallow (and considering that the director also did The Witch, that’s not surprising) and it might not be accessible to everyone. It’s going to need a huge campaign and a good release window.

Emmys 2019: I stan Amy Adams, Mahershala Ali, and Jason Bateman.

Oscars 2020: I stan Amy Adams, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dean Deblois, and John Powell.

ReplyCopy URL
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Dafoe will be more campaigned for The Last Thing He Wanted

ReplyCopy URL
    JROCK1772
    Participant
    Topics:

Taron Egerton should be considered a serious contender. I don’t wanna sound like a broken record across threads, but the performance he gives in Rocketman is exceptional and worthy of an Oscar. I truly hope that he is given the fair shot he deserves at claiming that golden statute, because I was utterly captivated. Please consider him / give him at least something reminiscent of the treatment Rami Malek got, as Egerton put his absolute heart and soul into this.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

June predictions:

Best Picture
    A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    Fair and Balanced
    Harriet
    The Last Thing He Wanted
    The Laundromat
    Little Women
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    The Report

(Clemency, The Irishman, Us)

Best Director
    Scott Z. Burns, Fair and Balanced
    Greta Gerwig, Little Women
    Kasi Lemmons, Harriet
    Sam Mendes, 1917
    Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

(Jordan Peele, Us, Martin Scorsese, The Irishman)

Best Actress
    Amy Adams, The Woman in the Window
    Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
    Natalie Portman, Pale Blue Dot
    Charlize Theron, Fair and Balanced
    Alfre Woodard, Clemency

(Anne Hathaway, The Last Thing He Wanted, Jennifer Lawrence, Red, White, and Water, Lupita Nyong’o, Us, Florence Pugh, Midsommar, Saorise Ronan, Little Women, Renee Zellweger, Judy)

Best Actor
    Christian Bale, Ford v. Ferrari
    Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Gary Oldman, The Laundromat
    Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
    Matthew Rhys, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

(Robert DeNiro, The Irishman, Adam Driver, The Report, Taron Edgerton, Rocketman, Daniel Kaluuya, Queen & Slim)

Best Supporting Actress
    Annette Bening, The Report
    Laura Dern, Little Woman
    Margot Robbie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
    Meryl Streep, The Laundromat

(Janelle Monae, Harriet, Florence Pugh, Little Women, Eliza Scanlen, Little Women)

Best Supporting Actor
    Willem Dafoe, The Last Thing He Wanted
    Matt Damon, Ford v. Ferrari
    Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    John Lithgow, Fair and Balanced
    Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

(Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, The Irishman)

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

June predictions: Best Picture 1917 A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood Fair and Balanced Harriet The Last Thing He Wanted The Laundromat Little Women The Report (Clemency, The Irishman, Us) Best Director Scott Z. Burns, Fair and Balanced Greta Gerwig, Little Women Kasi Lemmons, Harriet Sam Mendes, 1917 Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Jordan Peele, Us, Martin Scorsese, The Irishman) Best Actress Amy Adams, The Woman in the Window Cynthia Erivo, Harriet Natalie Portman, Pale Blue Dot Charlize Theron, Fair and Balanced Alfre Woodard, Clemency (Anne Hathaway, The Last Thing He Wanted, Jennifer Lawrence, Red, White, and Water, Lupita Nyong’o, Us, Florence Pugh, Midsommar, Saorise Ronan, Little Women, Renee Zellweger, Judy) Best Actor Christian Bale, Ford v. Ferrari Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Gary Oldman, The Laundromat Joaquin Phoenix, Joker Matthew Rhys, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (Robert DeNiro, The Irishman, Adam Driver, The Report, Taron Edgerton, Rocketman, Daniel Kaluuya, Queen & Slim) Best Supporting Actress Annette Bening, The Report Laura Dern, Little Woman Margot Robbie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey Meryl Streep, The Laundromat (Janelle Monae, Harriet, Florence Pugh, Little Women, Eliza Scanlen, Little Women) Best Supporting Actor Willem Dafoe, The Last Thing He Wanted Matt Damon, Ford v. Ferrari Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood John Lithgow, Fair and Balanced Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, The Irishman)

Not a Scorsese believer?

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

June predictions: Best Picture 1917 A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood Fair and Balanced Harriet The Last Thing He Wanted The Laundromat Little Women The Report (Clemency, The Irishman, Us) Best Director Scott Z. Burns, Fair and Balanced Greta Gerwig, Little Women Kasi Lemmons, Harriet Sam Mendes, 1917 Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Jordan Peele, Us, Martin Scorsese, The Irishman) Best Actress Amy Adams, The Woman in the Window Cynthia Erivo, Harriet Natalie Portman, Pale Blue Dot Charlize Theron, Fair and Balanced Alfre Woodard, Clemency (Anne Hathaway, The Last Thing He Wanted, Jennifer Lawrence, Red, White, and Water, Lupita Nyong’o, Us, Florence Pugh, Midsommar, Saorise Ronan, Little Women, Renee Zellweger, Judy) Best Actor Christian Bale, Ford v. Ferrari Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Gary Oldman, The Laundromat Joaquin Phoenix, Joker Matthew Rhys, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (Robert DeNiro, The Irishman, Adam Driver, The Report, Taron Edgerton, Rocketman, Daniel Kaluuya, Queen & Slim) Best Supporting Actress Annette Bening, The Report Laura Dern, Little Woman Margot Robbie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey Meryl Streep, The Laundromat (Janelle Monae, Harriet, Florence Pugh, Little Women, Eliza Scanlen, Little Women) Best Supporting Actor Willem Dafoe, The Last Thing He Wanted Matt Damon, Ford v. Ferrari Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood John Lithgow, Fair and Balanced Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, The Irishman)

That new profile pic sis!!!!!! STUNNING

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Taron Gayerton >>>>>> Animatronic

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

ReplyCopy URL
    LGr2
    Participant
    Topics:

We’re absolutely certain that The Laundromat will be a big player? For all we know, it could be this year’s The Post.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Not a Scorsese believer?

ReplyCopy URL
    JROCK1772
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol. Leo has his name all written on that C/M Globe. But keep dreaming, at least you can see your precious Taron holding it there (in your dreams). No offense dear.

I do not consider myself to be a diehard fan in any sense. I was just commending a performance I felt deserved recognition. My profile picture may be misleading, but I hold no personal preference to Egerton, other than finding him attractive enough to make my profile picture like a year and a half ago lol.

Having not seen DiCaprio’s performance, I have literally no basis as to whether or not Egerton gives a better one. All I can say is that Egerton knocked it out of the park and would be a deserving winner. He could very much end up in the spot that Emily Blunt fell in with Mary Poppins Returns last year (potential GG spoiler that lost and failed to secure an Oscar bid), but I was simply rooting for what I have seen. No need for the petty response. It’s neither cute or factually sound until Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is actually released.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Egerton could win the comedy globe if once upon a time in hollywood goes drama (which could happen, all of Tarantino’s recent work have been nominated in the drama categories). Thats the only way I see him winning. Win or Lose, I dont expect egerton to be nominated for a oscar for rocketman.

ReplyCopy URL
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

June predictions:

Best Picture
    A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    Fair and Balanced
    Harriet
    The Last Thing He Wanted
    The Laundromat
    Little Women
    The Report

(Clemency, The Irishman, Us)

Best Director
    Scott Z. Burns, Fair and Balanced
    Greta Gerwig, Little Women
    Kasi Lemmons, Harriet
    Sam Mendes, 1917
    Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

(Jordan Peele, Us, Martin Scorsese, The Irishman)

Best Actress
    Amy Adams, The Woman in the Window
    Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
    Natalie Portman, Pale Blue Dot
    Charlize Theron, Fair and Balanced
    Alfre Woodard, Clemency

(Anne Hathaway, The Last Thing He Wanted, Jennifer Lawrence, Red, White, and Water, Lupita Nyong’o, Us, Florence Pugh, Midsommar, Saorise Ronan, Little Women, Renee Zellweger, Judy)

Best Actor
    Christian Bale, Ford v. Ferrari
    Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Gary Oldman, The Laundromat
    Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
    Matthew Rhys, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

(Robert DeNiro, The Irishman, Adam Driver, The Report, Taron Edgerton, Rocketman, Daniel Kaluuya, Queen & Slim)

Best Supporting Actress
    Annette Bening, The Report
    Laura Dern, Little Woman
    Margot Robbie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
    Meryl Streep, The Laundromat

(Janelle Monae, Harriet, Florence Pugh, Little Women, Eliza Scanlen, Little Women)

Best Supporting Actor
    Willem Dafoe, The Last Thing He Wanted
    Matt Damon, Ford v. Ferrari
    Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    John Lithgow, Fair and Balanced
    Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

(Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, The Irishman)

You don’t think OUATIH will be nominated for picture despite noms in Lead Actor, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, & Director?!

ReplyCopy URL
    kingfan011
    Participant
    Topics:

Once Upon A Time will get nominated for Picture.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 357 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.