Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 493 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Matthew anzal..
kellis
EsOS
  • Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

did I really just read that scarjo is overdue? i’m calling the cops

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

better put the phone down cuz we all said for a nom.

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

ScarJo is VERY overdue for a nom. That Lost in Translation snub is outrageous

Banned for making a fake movie poster

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

If ScarJo doesn’t get nominated this year, it may just not be in the cards for her lol. Jojo Rabbit + the Baumbach Netflix film + Endgame. Big year for her. Think she’ll get in for supporting for Jojo.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

ScarJo is VERY overdue for a nom. That Lost in Translation snub is outrageous

the selective outrage against people saying that an actor who has box office + Tony Award + acclaimed performances in Lost in Translation/Girl with a Pearl Earring Her/Match Point/Under the Skin/Ghost World/(Guilty Pleasure Don Jon)  as overdue for an Oscar nom. The nerve.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

A few thoughts :

1. I really want ScarJo to get that overdue Oscar nom.

2. Taron Egerton should get nominated. He would have had a shot had BR been rightfully ignored but now he’ll probably be snubbed. A shame because he literally blew Malek out of the water.

3. Octavia is coming for wigs and for the “most nominated black actress in Oscar history” title

4. I can’t wait for the Cats trailer. I’m so curious.

5. Us, Lupita and Peele walk into awards season hand in hand. If one gets nominated, they all get nominated. Predicting Us in Best Picture without Lupita in Best Actress (or the other way around) is wrong

Egerton being a snubee wouldn’t be because of Bohemian Rhapsody backlash, it would be because of the competition, the early release date, and Rocketman not being a big enough hit to sustain for the rest of the year.

As much as I want to predict Octavia, Luce looks so little.

And you can for sure predict Lupita without predicting Us for Picture or Jordan Peele for Directing/Screenplay. There will be regionals that will embrace the hell out of it, but that film won’t be a big contender like Get Out was. Us could go the Gone Girl route with Lupita as the sole nomination.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

I stan your ScarJo stan-ness. Your pfp gif kills me every time, and this gif of hers in particular is just..

I was overdue to stan an actress publicly on GD tbh  with gifs

Alan McFly Chrzan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not an expert, but i can try predict!
    BEST PICTURE:
    Avengers: Endgame
    Harriet
    Ford v Ferrari
    Little Women
    Once upon a time in Hollywood
    A beautiful day in neighbourhoof
    The Farawell
    Pain and glory
    Rocketman
    Alt. Booksmart, The Irishman (but i think it will sucks), Jojo Rabbit, Cats
    BEST DIRECTOR:
    Sam Mendes – 1917 (winner)
    Greta Gerwig – Little Woman
    Quentin Tarantino – Once upon a time… (alt winner)
    Pedro Almodovar – Pain and glory
    Marielle Heller – A beautifull day…
    BEST ACTOR LEADING
    Leonardo Dicaprio – Once upon a time…
    Christian Bale – Ford v Ferrari (winner)
    Taron Egerton – Rocketman
    Antonio Banderas – Pain and glory
    And I don’t really know who can be the fifth one.
    BEST ACTRESS LEADING
    Cynthia Ervo – Harriet (winner)
    Florence Pugh – Midsommar
    Saoirse Ronan – Little Woman
    Natalie Portman – Lucy in the sky
    Awkwafina – The Farawell

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

Egerton being a snubee wouldn’t be because of Bohemian Rhapsody backlash, it would be because of the competition, the early release date, and Rocketman not being a big enough hit to sustain for the rest of the year.

Yes, but Malek winning last year sealed the deal and cancels the little chance he had

As much as I want to predict Octavia, Luce looks so little.

Honestly Octavia is wishful thinking at this point but I have faith that the critics might push her to the nomination

And you can for sure predict Lupita without predicting Us for Picture or Jordan Peele for Directing/Screenplay. There will be regionals that will embrace the hell out of it, but that film won’t be a big contender like Get Out was. Us could go the Gone Girl route with Lupita as the sole nomination.

I think it’s very hard to separate Lupita from the film and I doubt voters will only check one of the two. If they love the performance, they’ll vote for the film and vice versa. Pike’s performance was the real standout of Gone Girl, while every aspect of Us is equally acclaimed. A sole original screenplay nomination is possible though.

Banned for making a fake movie poster

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I kind of disagree because even though Rosamund Pike got standout notices, David Fincher’s direction, the screenplay, the cinematography, score, sound design all got praise as well. And yet they got crushed by the competition. Us might suffer the same fate but the year seems “weak” so far, so Lupita and the Score can contend for noms with the screenplay being possible as well.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes Pike being the only nominee for Gone Girl was one of the bigger shockers of that year. That said, unless energy picks up in the later months I don’t see Us making much of an impact, especially if Pugh starts gaining traction

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Well to be fair to Gone Girl, Whiplash was campaigned in original screenplay and hit the guilds as that until the academy deemed it as an adapted screenplay ala Moonlight. So once the precursors were done and American Sniper made its late breakthrough, one of the 2 films that hit the major precursors for screenplay (Wild & Gone Girl) was going to miss anyways. If Whiplash has stayed original, most likely Gone Gurl would’ve made it in just cuz it did slightly better than Nightcrawler did with the precursors and both hit PGA and we know the latter got the screenplay nom lol. I think most people expected Gone Girl to get at most 3 noms (including pic)  by the end. It’s  not like it was a Nocturnal animals and got 9 nominations at a precursors and we r like oh shit maybe director and dual acting noms and crafts.

BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

4. I can’t wait for the Cats trailer. I’m so curious.

It’s pretty much the only thing I’m interested in right now from the movie business. Now that the Genie has been revealed and The Lion King has been putting out trailers, the one thing Hollywood can offer me right now is the Cats trailer.

I need to knoooooowwww. I’m so desperate to see this trainwreck at least in a trailer.

Taylor Swift, Rebel Wilson, Idris Elba, James Corden and Judi Dench in cat costumes in the same film? A serious film? A musical? Wait…Taylor Swift in a cat costume with Judi Dench? I also wanna hear Hudson’s version of Memory.

Seriously, between those Cats moments in Kimmy Schmidt and some Youtube clips I’ve seen, I don’t understand why those Razzies aren’t engraved yet.

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems.. WAIT ON IT

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  Salsa Club.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  Salsa Club.
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.