Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Matthew anzal..
kellis
EsOS
  • Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

Harriet AINT winning Best Picture or Director.  Calm down.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Harriet AINT winning Best Picture or Director. Calm down.

Neither is The Flopman.

But anyways, since Director these past few years has been going to visually showy films, I think Tarantino will run away with it, but like markwalhbird said, two historical narratives could give it to Lemmons if Harriet proves to be good enough.

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

it’s not like, say, brie larson was a big name or had a big box office success.

on paper, a tony winning actress for a biography of an important icon sounds super baity

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I dont think harriet is gonna win picture or director(I think it will be at least nominated), But right now im confident in Erivo winning actress. Im curious to see if my answer will change in a few months.

Is netflix even gonna push the pope? Im getting really concerned that we havnt even heard anything about their award movies yet.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

A long-awaited biopic of the most famous slave in the United States that led others to freedom through the Underground Railroad will be the baitiest film of the year and, if acclaimed, would definitely be a box office hit (12 Years had a similar setting and earned over $187.7 million) and an instant contender. That’s probably why a lot of us are predicting her.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I was just giving my honest opinion, no need to be rude or condescending. She might win an Oscar and I am here for that.

I didn’t mean for it to come off that way, sorry. I was just saying/describing why we were predicting it. I should’ve worded it better.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Im starting to think Late night gets into original screenplay. Summer comedies tend to get a writing nomination (The big sick comes to mind, its also from amazon). It has no chance of winning(once upon a time in hollywood has the award all locked up), but a nomination wont be too far fetched.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Im starting to think Late night gets into original screenplay. Summer comedies tend to get a writing nomination (The big sick comes to mind, its also from amazon). It has no chance of winning(once upon a time in hollywood has the award all locked up), but a nomination wont be too far fetched.

I think Booksmart is taking the summer comedy slot

Formerly Ospencer. I'm still a huge fan of Octavia but my old username felt too specific.

markwahlbird
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually just got back from seeing Late Night, and it could get a nomination, but honestly the first act is kind of disjointed and a lot of the plot falls into clichés. Would agree on the idea that Booksmart would be the summer comedy to fill that slot.

Also, in contrast to what early thoughts seemed to be, Thompson is absolutely the lead of the film, with all of the character development as well as much more screentime than Mindy Kaling’s character receives. Getting nominated at Globes, but not at the Academy.

Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

A long-awaited biopic of the most famous slave in the United States that led others to freedom through the Underground Railroad will be the baitiest film of the year and, if acclaimed, would definitely be a box office hit (12 Years had a similar setting and earned over $187.7 million) and an instant contender. That’s probably why a lot of us are predicting her.

12 years had Fassbender and Pitt.</p>

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I was just giving my honest opinion, no need to be rude or condescending. She might win an Oscar and I am here for that.

If you think that was rude (which I didn’t feel it was tbh) then I wonder what your reaction would be on seeing this year’s Best Actress threads lol.

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, in contrast to what early thoughts seemed to be, Thompson is absolutely the lead of the film, with all of the character development as well as much more screentime than Mindy Kaling’s character receives. Getting nominated at Globes, but not at the Academy.

I couldn’t agree more. I think Thompson is the clear lead.

DevonshireGold
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”> 12 years had Fassbender and Pitt.</p>

and Cumberbatch. Steve McQueen was also a highly admired director after Shame.

I’m not sure if Harriet will do well at the BAFTAs. Cynthia is British but she hasn’t done much work there.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

If you think that was rude (which I didn’t feel it was tbh) then I wonder what your reaction would be on seeing this year’s Best Actress threads lol.

lol. He/she missed the biggest threads of the year. The year where we had the most deserving diva in contention. I miss those good old days.

I miss you guys too. I miss everybody

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Lil Tony.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Lil Tony.

I don't know who to STAN yet

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

and Cumberbatch. Steve McQueen was also a highly admired director after Shame.

I’m not sure if Harriet will do well at the BAFTAs. Cynthia is British but she hasn’t done much work there.

I think she’ll be a frontrunner so good for a nom, not sure about the entire film though of course.

Big Sick had better reviews and more heat in other categories.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  PJ Edwards.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  PJ Edwards.
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.