Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 493 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Matthew anzal..
kellis
EsOS
  • Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

So let’s talk possible films at Venice. I’ve heard rumors about the following films showing up at the festival:

• The Aeronauts (possible opener)
    • Ad Astra
    • Lucy in the Sky
    • Little Women
    • Jojo Rabbit
    • NOT The Irishman

Heard anything?

Queen and slim, Ford v Ferrari, and Harriet I think are also possibilities.

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree looks fantastic. Dealing with a hot button issue and given the talent behind it and having the backing of a major studio like Universal backing it I have no doubt it will deal with it with great nuance. However given the bullshit controversy that was Targeted at First Man by the Right last year for the lack of an American flag I can only imagine a film that deals with the killing of a cop is going to Stir up a lot of heat against it

I think it’ll be too much politics & genre for the Academy to handle

The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

https://hnentertainment.co/jennifer-lawrences-military-drama-expected-to-wrap-at-the-end-of-july-crew-includes-ford-v-ferrari-art-director-and-euphoria-costume-designer/

This article at the end suggests that if, assuming this is “awards film”, may get a release later this year.

(Jennifer Lawrence’s film Red, White, and Water)

That is the truth.

No exceptions.

A Rival To Thatcher’s Reign.

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

https://hnentertainment.co/jennifer-lawrences-military-drama-expected-to-wrap-at-the-end-of-july-crew-includes-ford-v-ferrari-art-director-and-euphoria-costume-designer/

This article at the end suggests that if, assuming this is “awards film”, may get a release later this year.

(Jennifer Lawrence’s film Red, White, and Water)

I can’t believe my stanning-based assumption was right about the release date lol.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

https://youtu.be/ljKzFGpPHhw

The trailer for, The Good Liar, starring Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen has dropped.

That is the truth.

No exceptions.

A Rival To Thatcher’s Reign.

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

https://youtu.be/ljKzFGpPHhw

The trailer for, The Good Liar, starring Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen has dropped.

Looks excellent. Really hope Mirren can score an Oscar nom. Such an incredible actress.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree that I’d love to see Mirren get another nomination since she’s always wonderful, but I’d love it even more if McKellen could nab another nod. I’ve always loved him, and I personally feel that he was robbed of a win for Fellowship of the Ring.

DevonshireGold
    Participant
    Topics:

https://hnentertainment.co/jennifer-lawrences-military-drama-expected-to-wrap-at-the-end-of-july-crew-includes-ford-v-ferrari-art-director-and-euphoria-costume-designer/ This article at the end suggests that if, assuming this is “awards film”, may get a release later this year. (Jennifer Lawrence’s film Red, White, and Water)

Does A24 have other films they’re going to be pushing this season?

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

They definitely won’t be releasing this in 2019.. as I mentioned in a different thread, their plate is already way too full! They have The Farewell (Best Actress and Screenplay), The Lighthouse (Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Cinematography), Uncut Gems (Best Actor) and Waves (Best Supporting Actor, Best Score), not to mention their critical darlings for critics circles, like The Last Black Man in San Fransisco, Midsommar and, most importantly, for whatever odd reason, The Souvenir. They also have films like Gloria Bell (Best Actress), Zola (Best Original Screenplay) and High Life on the fringe..

This film will be better served in 2020.. Macbeth, to my knowledge, hasn’t started production unlike all of their other titles and After Yang, Green Knight and False Positive are not happening at the Oscars.. this could be their big push next year!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Salsa Club.
    kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

It really isn’t that full though lol. As I said in the reply in that thread, realistically, all those movies either don’t have awards friendly genres or awards friendly release dates. I really only see this and The Farewell being their main pushes (mostly Best Actress though, which most of the films you listed aren’t contending for). I could see Zola happening since the story was backed by some industry members when it came out.

Bad Blood will be filming in the fall and she’s the producer of both projects, so I’m sure she’s going to try to push RWW this year.

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

If an Adam Sandler movie ever becomes A24’s main push, then I will immediately cancel them lol.

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

The narrative is there (a la Melissa McCarthy in CYEFM) and it’s a good one, especially after the disaster that was Murder Mystery earlier this year. There is no Jennifer Lawrence narrative.

Also, it’s coming from Scott Rudin and the Safdie Brothers with Lakeith and Idina supporting

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not coming out this year.. Pretty confident on it. I have lots of pals at A24 and their big push is and has been Adam Sandler’s dramatic turn in Uncut Gems. Wait on it!

If an Adam Sandler movie ever becomes A24’s main push, then I will immediately cancel them lol.

Uncut gems im very curious about. Its either gonna be good or its gonna be bad. A24 needs a come back after this years award season, and im not sure an Adam sandler drama is gonna do the trick.

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Take a leap of faith with me y’all! Uncut Gems is their comeback. I know Adam Sandler doesn’t have the best reputation or track record with awards circles, but the narrative is there and photos from set are just too good.. it’s quite the transformative performance!

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Take a leap of faith with me y’all! Uncut Gems is their comeback. I know Adam Sandler doesn’t have the best reputation or track record with awards circles, but the narrative is there and photos from set are just too good.. it’s quite the trasnformative performance!

Quick question: Is it a straight forward drama or is it a dramady?

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.