Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 445 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Salsa Club
  • JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess I just don’t by it, mainly because I don’t see it doing well at the precursor awards. I don’t know why but the buzz just feels weak to me, especially compared to films like The Irishman and Marriage Story. Maybe I am spending to much time on Film Twitter.

Those films just premiered. This always happens. The early films dont have “buzz” until they hit every guild. Buzz is very overrated when it comes to Oscar. Lady Bird and Get Out had all the “buzz” and they won a total of 1 oscar between them.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Those films just premiered. This always happens. The early films dont have “buzz” until they hit every guild. Buzz is very overrated when it comes to Oscar. Lady Bird and Get Out had all the “buzz” and they won a total of 1 oscar between them.

They actually have 2 Oscars between them.

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

Lady Bird and Get Out faced much stronger competition. This year looks pretty weak.

Banned for making a fake movie poster

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Seeing Parasite tonight! I am very much so looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about for this film

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Pretty sure it’s just 1

#FreeTheBannedFour

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Marriage Story has easily got this. I can’t see anyone else taking Supporting Actress and Original Screenplay right now. Parasite is my current runner-up. I’ve been cautious about it since the beginning. It seemed like a Goldderby thing initially but the buzz is real after all. Still, it has many more things going against it than its competition.

Tarantino is a massive academy favorite, and if anything his two nominations only make a third more likely: the academy will want to dethrone pedophile Woody Allen’s record ASAP. Plus, the only time Tarantino ever lost this award was to a literal Best Picture winner, which Marriage Story won’t be. Baumbach has only been nominated one other time, and isn’t an academy favorite: he’ll have a massive uphill battle. Same goes for Parasite; you have to go all the way the fuck back to 2002 to find a foreign film winning this award.

BP: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Uncut Gems, Joker, Ford v Ferrari, Marriage Story,
    BD: Bong-Joon Ho, Benny and Josh Safdie, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips, Noah Baumbach
    Actor: Phoenix, Sandler, Pattinson, Driver, Bale
    Actress: Nyong'o, Johansson
    S. Actor: Dafoe, Kang-Ho, Rockwell, Pacino, Hopkins
    S. Actress: Dern, McKensie, Yeo-Jeong, Julia Fox
    AS: Jojo Rabbit, Joker, The Irishman, Toy Story 4
    OS: Parasite, Marriage Story, Ford v Ferrari, Uncut Gems, Us

Eric Darling
    Participant
    Topics:

Get Out won for Original Screenplay at that was it for the two.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Once and Always Trash in Hollywood isn’t winning anything! As minister EsOS says, early frontrunners never win! Expect something like 1917 or Jojo Rubbish to get that dildo. Stop this delusional mess, dear citizens.

Jojo Rabitt and 1917

Hahahahahahahahhaaha

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure about picture and director but this year’s screenplay categories are mad as hell.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Once and Always Trash in Hollywood isn’t winning anything! As minister EsOS says, early frontrunners never win! Expect something like 1917 or Jojo Rubbish to get that dildo. Stop this delusional mess, dear citizens.

I prefer the delusional route Thatch. Keeps me sane.
    Actually I didn’t realize how much I support Tarantino’s film until I felt compelled to defend it. I saw it months ago and haven’t forgotten a single moment.
    It has a shot at Best Picture.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

Plus, the only time Tarantino ever lost this award was to a literal Best Picture winner, which Marriage Story won’t be

Why? I am predicting Marriage Story to win Best Picture.

Banned for making a fake movie poster

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood was disappointing, self indulgent garbage and I hope the Academy sees right through that midlife crisis

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood was good,earned so much and got universal acclaim.

But does it deserve BP?Hell no and this is coming from a Tarantino fanboy.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood was disappointing, self indulgent garbage and I hope the Academy sees right through that midlife crisis

Just to avoid attackers of this opinion, I LOVE Tarantino and everyone involved in that production, but having followed the project so closely to release and reading voraciously about the Manson Murders and the summer of 69, I was unbelievably disappointed by the final product he turned in. I know I’m in the minority here, but it just felt really pretentious and when you look back on it, the whole film was a missed opportunity to take on the culture of that infamous summer. It glossed over potential plot developments to jerk off Brad and Leo for 15-20 mins at a time. I understand what he was going for, but there should have been a better balance of Leo, Brad, Margot and the Manson clan

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Why? I am predicting Marriage Story to win Best Picture.

First of all, Netflix bias. Second of all, it’s too generic. Third of all, it won’t be the critics or audience favorite: that will be Parasite and Jojo Rabbit, respectively.

BP: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Uncut Gems, Joker, Ford v Ferrari, Marriage Story,
    BD: Bong-Joon Ho, Benny and Josh Safdie, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips, Noah Baumbach
    Actor: Phoenix, Sandler, Pattinson, Driver, Bale
    Actress: Nyong'o, Johansson
    S. Actor: Dafoe, Kang-Ho, Rockwell, Pacino, Hopkins
    S. Actress: Dern, McKensie, Yeo-Jeong, Julia Fox
    AS: Jojo Rabbit, Joker, The Irishman, Toy Story 4
    OS: Parasite, Marriage Story, Ford v Ferrari, Uncut Gems, Us

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 445 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.