Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 466 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +36 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Salsa Club
  • babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Was never convinced. The haters are beginning to irritate me however, so I’m now hoping YES.

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Joker dropped to 68% on RT. You still think it would get nomination in BP?

Darling, Bohemian Tragedy did. So will Clownery.

I was your Prime Minister once.

Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, as I said some time ago, Once and Always Trash in Hollywood is deservedly losing its buzz. It isn’t winning anything and Tarandisgustino and Shouty DiCaprio may be deservedly snubbed. Mark my holy words, dear citizens.

Oh great, Thatcher is back with all her needless negativity.

Yay.

My username stands for “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Welcome back Thatcher!

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Thatcher, I’m dissapointed in you. Bohemian Crapsody is right there and you’re not using it.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Joker
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Joker

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Thatcher, I’m dissapointed in you. Bohemian Crapsody is right there and you’re not using it.

Darling, that disgusting rubbish is not only crap. It’s the definition of a tragedy. That’s why its Thatcherian equivalent is Bohemian Tragedy.

I was your Prime Minister once.

TheBowie
    Participant
    Topics:

HAHAHAA stop it. Joker or OUATIH are winning the Oscars. Stay pressed and eat it.

I love being a literate person.

MMartin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait do people actually think Once Upon a Time in Hollywood can win Best Picture? I would be shocked, and I quite enjoyed the film. It had a early summer  release day, the critics scores are good but nothing outstanding, Tarantino has never really been a Academy favorite outside of the screenplay category.

The Irishman, 1917, Marriage Story, or JoJo Rabbit all seem like more logical choices for Best Picture.

Joker winning would be shocking for a multitude of reasons, superhero films and nihilistic films are generally not what the Academy looks for in Best Picture winners, combined with the mixed reviews.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait do people actually think Once Upon a Time in Hollywood can win Best Picture? I would be shocked, and I quite enjoyed the film. It had a early summer release day, the critics scores are good but nothing outstanding, Tarantino has never really been a Academy favorite outside of the screenplay category.

The majority of the voting body were alive when this happened. That s a connection That s like a loose cannon.
    I’m not sure it’s winning BP at all but I sure would like to see you surprised as hell.
    lol.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

At least you chose your login moniker wisely.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real!!!

Get lost.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait do people actually think Once Upon a Time in Hollywood can win Best Picture? I would be shocked, and I quite enjoyed the film. It had a early summer release day, the critics scores are good but nothing outstanding, Tarantino has never really been a Academy favorite outside of the screenplay category.

The Irishman, 1917, Marriage Story, or JoJo Rabbit all seem like more logical choices for Best Picture.

Joker winning would be shocking for a multitude of reasons, superhero films and nihilistic films are generally not what the Academy looks for in Best Picture winners, combined with the mixed reviews.

Not sure how it’s shocking when it led the odds all year till irishman premiered and even then it is 2nd at worst.

MMartin
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure how it’s shocking when it led the odds all year till irishman premiered and even then it is 2nd at worst.

I guess I just don’t by it, mainly because I don’t see it doing well at the precursor awards. I don’t know why but the buzz just feels weak to me, especially compared to films like The Irishman and Marriage Story. Maybe I am spending to much time on Film Twitter.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Idk what’s winning but it won’t be The Irishmen and it won’t be Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Early frontrunners never win.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess I just don’t by it, mainly because I don’t see it doing well at the precursor awards. I don’t know why but the buzz just feels weak to me, especially compared to films like The Irishman and Marriage Story. Maybe I am spending to much time on Film Twitter.

Those “older voters” were alive when this happened. They know about the players.
    That s a crucial intangible, and far more relevant than the disappearance of Hoffa or the disintegration of a marriage.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 466 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.