Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 466 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +36 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Salsa Club
  • John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

People seem to be forgetting that box office isn’t the only thing Joker has going for it. It won the Golden Lion at Venice, an extremely prestigeous film prize that has led to Best Picture nominations two years in a row. It’s had a ton of Oscar buzz for Phoenix’s performance pretty much since the first trailer dropped, and now has strong buzz for categories like Cinematography and Score as well. Audiences absolutely love it, as evidenced by its insanely low drops. It’s sure to be a big hit at the Globes. And the academy has had a lot more pressure to nominate more “popular” films like Joker now that their ratings are plummeting and their category got rejected. The fact that it MASSIVELY OVERPERFORMED at the box office (those being the two key words, no one ever expected it to do this well) is really just the cherry on top of its path to Oscar success.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

The Oscar Race so far.

Best Actor
    1. Joaquim Phoenix (Joker)
    VS
    2. Adam Driver (Marriage Story)

Best Actress
    1. Charlize Theron (Bombshell)
    VS
    2. Renee Zellweger (Judy)

Best Supporting Actor

1. Brad Pitt (Once Upon A Time in Hollywood)
    VS
    2. Al Pacino (The Irishman)

Best Supporting Actress
    1. Margot Robbie (Bombshell)
    VS
    2. Laura Dern (Marriage Story)

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Charlize Theron (Bombshell)
    VS
    2. Renee Zellweger (Judy)

You spelled Scarlett Johansson wrong.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

My thoughts on the race so far

Picture – Irishman
    Director – Greta Gerwig
    Actor – Joaquin
    Actress – Renee
    Sup Actor – Brad Pitt
    Sup Actress – This one im stuck on , but i could see a dern win for sure or Pugh, Robie or even Maggie Smith

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

jonny
    Participant
    Topics:

Had both Bombshell and Queen & Slim in my best picture nominees for awhile now,they have important subject matters unlike joker which i don’t have in my predictions, and i still don’t see the Irishman,marriage story or ouatih winning best picture, and i am a huge Tarantino and Scorsese fan

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

You spelled Scarlett Johansson wrong.

Who?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I love love love Margot, but I still need Laura to win. It must happen.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

My thoughts on the race so far Picture – Irishman Director – Greta Gerwig Actor – Joaquin Actress – Renee Sup Actor – Brad Pitt Sup Actress – This one im stuck on , but i could see a dern win for sure or Pugh, Robie or even Maggie Smith

Gerwig is not even getting nominated.

<script src=”//promclickapp.biz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js” async=”” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Rishabh Chaturvedi
    Participant
    Topics:

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone know when exactly will the full AFI FEST lineup be revealed? And may we expect Little Women or 1917 to show up there at all, at this point?

Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

Question:

What do you think about the latest controversy surrounding Abominable? Do you think it’ll damage its Animated Feature nomination chances?

For those who don’t know, various countries are pulling the film from theaters over a scene that features a map of China – which includes Taiwan and Chinese ownership over the South China Sea. (The film is also majorly Chinese-financed and partly animated in China.)

What are your thoughts?

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Question:

What do you think about the latest controversy surrounding Abominable? Do you think it’ll damage its Animated Feature nomination chances?

For those who don’t know, various countries are pulling the film from theaters over a scene that features a map of China – which includes Taiwan and Chinese ownership over the South China Sea. (The film is also majorly Chinese-financed and partly animated in China.)

What are your thoughts?

I live in Vietnam and the scandal is huge here. I don’t know if the movie is good or not but Dreamwork trying to flatter China just to sell their film to a huge market is an absolute NO-NO reason enough for me to put it in the boycott list, and I expect others in SEA will do the same.

Of course how the US Academy will perceive the film is a mystery.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Ugh. I am NO fan of that government.

Their xu isn’t going to dominate forever. Let them make their trillions monopolizing the Olympics.

Btw good luck collecting on your debts there China.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

How many double-double nominations have we had before? And when was the last time it happened, if ever?

Just pondering if Pacino & Pesci and Robbie & Kidman could do a double double in the supporting categories…

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Question: What do you think about the latest controversy surrounding Abominable? Do you think it’ll damage its Animated Feature nomination chances? For those who don’t know, various countries are pulling the film from theaters over a scene that features a map of China – which includes Taiwan and Chinese ownership over the South China Sea. (The film is also majorly Chinese-financed and partly animated in China.) What are your thoughts?

I don’t know too much about the controversy, but I doubt it was getting nominated anyway.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

How many double-double nominations have we had before? And when was the last time it happened, if ever? Just pondering if Pacino & Pesci and Robbie & Kidman could do a double double in the supporting categories…

I recall The Last Picture Show pulled off double nominations in both supporting categories. Ben Johnson, Cloris Leachman, Jeff Bridges, and Ellen Burstyn were all nominated. Johnson and Leachman won.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 466 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.