Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 445 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Salsa Club
  • Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

New Bombshell Trailer:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bombshell-trailer-watch-charlize-theron-nicole-kidman-fox-news-film-1247633

Definitely Comedy.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: The Morning Show
    FYC: Watchmen

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Bombshell or parasite will win best picture

Nah,it’s either Irishman or Marriage Story.

Netflix have BP this time around.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I thought you would put Joker there as either or.
    You could be right.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

New Bombshell Trailer: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bombshell-trailer-watch-charlize-theron-nicole-kidman-fox-news-film-1247633 Definitely Comedy.

That’s interesting, cause the trailer only reinforced my belief that it’s going drama. It started out comedic when it first showed Robbie and Kidman, but most of what followed looked fairly dramatic to me.

Profile picture
    Salsa Club
    Topics:

New Bombshell Trailer: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bombshell-trailer-watch-charlize-theron-nicole-kidman-fox-news-film-1247633 Definitely Comedy.

A biopic about sexual assault is NOT a comedy. Get real

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Im still not sure whether or not its a comedy, But one thing is for sure, bombshell is in the oscar race.

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

A biopic about sexual assault is NOT a comedy. Get real

I think it’s up to the writer to decide the tone of the film, and as long as it doesn’t break any boundaries, it should be fine. Charles Randolph ,who meticulously and smartly threw in some comedic elements while writing The Big Short (about the 2007 – 2008 financial crisis in the US which was obviously a tragedy) and won an Oscar for it, should be countable enough for this project no matter if it was intended to be a comedy or not. I’d say if the victims didn’t say anything, we don’t have to say anything either.

Profile picture
    Salsa Club
    Topics:

A story about the #MeToo movement written by a man and directed by a man. Seriously hoped this would flop, but the least they can do is not satirize the cruel events that have forever altered hundreds of thousands of women’s lives.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

That crew will not trivialize such a gruesome culture. It explains for me why Robbie’s role is a composite, fictionalized character.
    Did you happen to see the look on her face in that clip? It broke my freaking heart.
    At least the Comedy/musical category isn’t there for Oscar

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Come on Netflix spend another 25-30 million on The Irishman’s campaign.

Genre,cast,director,setting and topic is all there and unlike ROMA it ain’t foreign language and black and white movie.

Everything is there.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    Rich Landry
    Topics:

Having seen a test screening a while ago, I would say this will be a drama. Charlize was so good in this movie, most of the time, I had to keep remembering it was not the real Meghan Kelly. I cannot wait to see what changes have occurred in this movie since then.

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

I feel like people are being melodramatic about this film. Of course, sexual assault on women is serious matter, but if the writer wrote this in the same light comedic tone like The Big Short, an event that negatively affected the US economy on a large scale and millions of familes, I wouldn’t complain, either. It’s about satirizing THE EVILS, which is the cold environment of FOX news and its monster behind the curtain CEO and boss, Roger Ailes. Noone would be insensitive enough to make fun or blame the victims in this situation. And obviously, the victims did consult and have a say about the screenplay. If something breaks out too insensitive or carelessly funny, they would be the first ones to complain, not us, the outsiders.

Overall, it won’t matter if Bombshell turns out to be a light-hearted comedy at the end of the day. If it doesn’t break any sensitivity’s rules, it should be fine.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

A story about the #MeToo movement written by a man and directed by a man. Seriously hoped this would flop, but the least they can do is not satirize the cruel events that have forever altered hundreds of thousands of women’s lives.

I think the story about the film is yet to be written. Even the positive tweets had some reservations about how it could be interpreted. That is why I am awaiting reviews.

Profile picture
    jonny
    Topics:

The Irishman could win but i think marriage story will be more successful in the acting categories, i just can’t see a movie like that winning best picture these days

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I think the story about the film is yet to be written. Even the positive tweets had some reservations about how it could be interpreted. That is why I am awaiting reviews.

Yeah Yeah and Awkwafina is winning Best Actress.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 445 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.