Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 496 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
Hammad Asif
Icecreamben
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the 2020 Oscar predictions in Part 5.

Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

The Oscars have never really bought the comeback narrative. Bette Davis for Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? and Judy Garland for A Star is Born both famously lost, and more recent examples like Sylvester Stallone for Creed and Michael Keaton for Birdman also got very far but didn’t pan out. Renee Zellweger is well-positioned for a nomination, but I don’t think the Oscars are going to care about her “comeback.”

Unless “Judy” would be as decent as a Best Picture winning film. It’s either the movie helping Zellweger or Zellweger helping the movie. But it would be great if she’ll be nominated at least.

Lupita for a nomination. Renee for a win. That's it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

After seeing that Judy trailer, I’ll say that Renee Zellweger is the only lock at the moment. But I’m hoping that Cynthia Erivo and Afre Woodard makes it in.

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw Rocketman last week. Taron Egarton should better get that Oscar nomination and a golden globe comdey/musical win. He was amazing

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s hope 2019 will be a weak year and Leonardo will win his overdue 2nd Oscar for Once upon a time in Hollywood. We will have to wait until Venice in September, Cannes almost always flops.

I hope not. I love Leonardo DiCaprio and I believe he’s one of the best actors alive. But honestly, I’ve seen the trailer for Once upon a time in Hollywood and Leo looks very much like he’s playing Leo for the 80th time. It looks like Titanic (with comic elements), the great Gatsby Django Unchained and especially The wolf of Wall Street. Even Pitt appeared more challenged

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s hope 2019 will be a weak year and Leonardo will win his overdue 2nd Oscar for Once upon a time in Hollywood. We will have to wait until Venice in September, Cannes almost always flops.

You’re kidding right? DiCaprio overdue for a 2nd Oscar? Let’s give Ed Harris, Fassbender, Joaquin and Gyllenhaal Oscars first.

ReplyCopy URL
    M Bocioaca
    Participant
    Topics:

Leo has one overdue win in that weak year. I feel we should see a lot more roles before a second one. Especially since I don’t think we can say he was robbed in his past noms.
    I mean, look at all the people who have been delivering in indie for years, male or female, without any recognition.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  M Bocioaca.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  M Bocioaca.
    ReplyCopy URL
    JanisEye
    Participant
    Topics:

I love how people keep ignoring Leo’s creepy tendency of dating younger and younger girls just because he’s a good actor. He has known his current girlfriend since she was 11 years old. It’s weird.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t love the idea of “overdue for an Oscar” because I think it ruins the spirit of the award. If Leo has the best performance by the end of the year, then sure I’d be happy to see him win it.

I love how people keep ignoring Leo’s creepy tendency of dating younger and younger girls just because he’s a good actor. He has known his current girlfriend since she was 11 years old. It’s weird.

I’m not sure I like this thinking either. I’m here for not awarding people in Hollywood who do serious wrongdoing, but on the list of celebrities who exhibit bad behavior, I think Leo ranks pretty low. There are a lot of examples of Hollywood celebs who have stark age differences with their partners (and are celebrated for it). I think we slip into dangerous territory when we start demonizing people for personal choices that aren’t strictly illegal or immoral. The relationship in question (and his previous ones)seems to be between two happy, consensting adults. Let them be unless otherwise is true.

And I get the Leo profile picture isn’t really great for credibility lol, but I’d like to think my stance on both those issues would be the same for any other actor/actress, not just one of my favorites.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ismal Ishak
    Participant
    Topics:

If ‘Extremely Close & Shockingly Evil’ is eligible for Oscar (I believe it does now that Netflix has picked up the movie), I hope Zac Efron will get Best Actor nom #guiltypleasure 🤭

Such a winning smirk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actor: Daniel Kaluuya (Queen & Slim)

Best Actress: Cynthia Erivo (Harriet)

Best Supporting Actor: Sterling K. Brown (Waves)

Best Supporting Actress: Margot Robbie (Once Upon A Time in Hollywood)

probably won’t happen but this is what I WANT

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actor: Daniel Kaluuya (Queen & Slim)

Best Actress: Cynthia Erivo (Harriet)

Best Supporting Actor: Sterling K. Brown (Waves)

Best Supporting Actress: Margot Robbie (Once Upon A Time in Hollywood)

probably won’t happen but this is what I WANT

Is waves coming out this year? And isnt like a musical?

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

The reviews for The Lion King keep on getting uglier. Will this even make it to original song?
    razzie

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

The reviews for The Lion King keep on getting uglier. Will this even make it to original song? razzie

It’s box office should overtake reviews. Plus, a 60%~ RT won’t stop a VFX and Beyonce/Elton Nomination. If it was trying to contend for something like Picture/Director, then there would be an issue.

ReplyCopy URL
    The2ndAvenger
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t posted in forever. My last post, was, I believe, either predicting Tolkien to win awards, or Jaime Lannister to win the Iron Throne.

Either way, I’m an idiot.

That said, my man Nicholas Hoult has a new film for me to predict as an Oscar dark horse: The Current War. It looks very promising, has a talented cast, and an autumn release date.

And if it turns out to be ‘meh’ like Tolkien, then I’m quitting looking for dark horses for good.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 496 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.