Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 496 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
Hammad Asif
Icecreamben
  • Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

It’d be funny if Gerwig and Baumbach, who are partners and have a child together, are both nominated in opposite screenplay categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Manuelcolon
    Participant
    Topics:

Is anyone predicting Margot to win? Considering reviews and screentime i feel like she’ll get nominated based on hype for the movie, not her performance as a whole.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Awkwafina wins, that would be glorious.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Is anyone predicting Margot to win? Considering reviews and screentime i feel like she’ll get nominated based on hype for the movie, not her performance as a whole.

Well I’ve heard her role in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is surprisingly small and she has a better chance going for Fair and Balanced, which we know from test screenings, she has the more emotional role and is the MVP.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Omg, Get real!!! Akwafina is NOT getting nominated for Best Actress. It’s like you people still don’t understand the dynamics of this game. Weren’t Viola Davis and Nicole Kidman themselves acclaimed for Widows and Destroyer? What did happen at the end? Ryan Gosling was early expected, just like Clair Foy lol. We all know how it ended up for them. Assuming that Akwafina is getting in is a bit too much of a dream.

I have also seen some dropped Lupita from their predictions, lol!

ReplyCopy URL
    Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Awkwafina might be a this year’s critics darling (I think she’s winning NYFCC at least) and if A24 actually bothers to campaign this year she might make it. She’s not a lock, but dismissing her entirely is a mistake imo.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Hoster1.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Hoster1.
    ReplyCopy URL
    helmetz
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Omg, Get real!!! Akwafina is NOT getting nominated for Best Actress.

Almost every respected Oscar prognosticator I know has Awkwafina in their Top 5, so don’t be too quick to write her off just yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Awkwafina might be a this year’s critics darling (I think she’s winning NYFCC at least) and if A24 actually bothers to campaign this year she might make it. She’s not a lock, but dismissing her entirely is a mistake imo.

Wasn’t the NYFCC stuff that named Regina Hall best actress last year? 😂 Akwafina is definitely getting in lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Almost every respected Oscar prognosticator I know has Awkwafina in their Top 5, so don’t be too quick to write her off just yet.

Show me the receipts then I will believe you. Ryan Gosling, Toni Collette, Nicole Kidman (2), Timothee Chalamet( he was even expected to get a make up win lol), Bradley Cooper (director)… just to name few, they were all in these well respected Oscar prognosticators top 5 and … The rest is history.

ReplyCopy URL
    galaxy98
    Participant
    Topics:

Foreign actors and actresses should get more recognition from the academy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

She has a chance, but will need a REALLY strong performance. The supporting race is already heating up, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see her nominated if she pulls it off.

I hope so because I love the Dame so much. Such an acting legend. It just makes me sad that she wasn’t so prominent in the Downton Abbey trailer.

I don't know who to STAN yet

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I hope so because I love the Dame so much. Such an acting legend. It just makes me sad that she wasn’t so prominent in the Downton Abbey trailer.

Honey, Maggie Smith is not happening rofl.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

Show me the receipts then I will believe you. Ryan Gosling, Toni Collette, Nicole Kidman (2), Timothee Chalamet( he was even expected to get a make up win lol), Bradley Cooper (director)… just to name few, they were all in these well respected Oscar prognosticators top 5 and … The rest is history.

You’re just cherry picking examples of early predictions that didn’t matriculate into nominations. People were also predicting King, Malek, Driver, Colman, etc decently early last year. None of whom were as obvious as your standard frontrunners. Still, everyone you mentioned was in the conversation until the end and picked up nominations here and there before the Oscars. To write Awkwafina out of the conversation already is way premature and kind of strange. Can’t help but think you’re just trolling.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Cats trailer tomorrow. I’m predicting Taylor Swift for SAG!

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Your Best Original Song contender…. or better yet, early frontrunner.

https://youtu.be/civgUOommC8

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 496 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.