Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 496 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
Hammad Asif
Icecreamben
  • upitt
    Participant
    Topics:

Your Best Original Song contender…. or better yet, early frontrunner.

https://youtu.be/civgUOommC8

Beyonce – you DID that!!!! Yes!

ReplyCopy URL
    Icecreamben
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw The Farewell.  First of all, it’s phenomenal.  Second of all, I see this being a major contender if A24 plays their cards properly.

Awkwafina is totally worthy of a nom and I think she will definitely be nominated.  Shuzhen Zhao is a serious contender for Supporting Actress.  She is incredible and aside for the fact that her dialogue is in Mandarin, it’s the kind of performance that makes Oscar voters moist.

I’m predicting Lulu Wang will land a nomination for her beautiful screenplay and most of all, I see this getting nominated for Best Picture and I could see this being a serious contender there.

It might sound bold, but check out this film and you’ll see what I mean.  It’s the kind of film that Oscar voters will go for if A24 campaigns properly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Your Best Original Song contender…. or better yet, early frontrunner. https://youtu.be/civgUOommC8

Ugh I HOPE!!! The locals arent too in love with but FUCK THEM lol. The GP is still eating it up and should win BOS, especially since most of the songs coming out this year are songs written by already Oscar winners!!

give bey a chance!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Cats trailer tomorrow. I’m predicting Taylor Swift for SAG!

Friday

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Just Mercy got moved to December 25, 2019-just in time for awards season. I think we need to keep an eye on Michael B. Jordan for Best Actor, especially considering that he was snubbed two or three times (definitely at least for Creed and Black Panther, and Fruitvale Station could also be possible).

And yes, Best Actor is INTENSE this year, with Benedict Cumberbatch, RDJ, Taron Egerton, Leonardo DiCaprio, Logan Lerman, and Dev Patel also circling spots, among others.

Emmys 2019: I stan Amy Adams, Mahershala Ali, and Jason Bateman.

Oscars 2020: I stan Robert Downey, Jr., Alan Silvestri, Willem Dafoe, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan David Harbour

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Cats trailer tomorrow. I’m predicting Taylor Swift for SAG!

The audacity…

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.

If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

The cats trailer can go 2 ways – a complete joke or a major serve. Nothing in between. Hoping for the best – looking at you Tom Hooper

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Just Mercy got moved to December 25, 2019-just in time for awards season. I think we need to keep an eye on Michael B. Jordan for Best Actor, especially considering that he was snubbed two or three times (definitely at least for Creed and Black Panther, and Fruitvale Station could also be possible). And yes, Best Actor is INTENSE this year, with Benedict Cumberbatch, RDJ, Taron Egerton, Leonardo DiCaprio, Logan Lerman, and Dev Patel also circling spots, among others.

Lol what is this? Cumberbatch, RDJ, Lerman? These people stand zero chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

No shade, but why do some people post performances that literally have no shot coming anywhere close to the Oscar’s lol

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

No shade, but why do some people post performances that literally have no shot coming anywhere close to the Oscar’s lol

Because it’s inherently harmless this early into the season. I don’t indulge too much into wishful thinking except for performers who have an established history with the Academy and film projects on paper that could be critical darlings at the end of the year just in time for recognition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Damiansport1
    Participant
    Topics:

Cumberbatch for what?

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

RDJ has a shot at a nomination for Endgame is Disney puts a huge campaign for him. But would NOT be competitive for a win.

Cumberbatch for IronBark? Does that film even have a release date yet? I haven’t heard anything on that one so IDK. He may have a shot at Supporting for 1917 but we know pretty much nothing about that films plot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

Meryl Streep will be nominated for whatever she has this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

Meryl Streep will be nominated for whatever she has this year.

Does she have a shot at getting double nominations?

She probably will go supporting for little woman and leading for the laundromat

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

RDJ has a shot at a nomination for Endgame is Disney puts a huge campaign for him.

RDJ has NO chance whatsoever. Endgame isn’t getting anything above the line.

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 496 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.